Suggestions to the Author

Discuss The Pocalypse here! Let Joe know if you have any suggestions and what you like and don't like!
Merostomata
Vampire Slayer

Re: Suggestions to the Author

Postby Merostomata » 02 Aug 2011, 11:12

It's just got to be nuclear!
Hello!

Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 03 Aug 2011, 09:41

We all know what BFG 9000 really stands for, and that is: Big F***ing Gun.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!

ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 03 Aug 2011, 21:06

Happy Demon wrote:We all know what BFG 9000 really stands for, and that is: Big F***ing Gun.

There's several answers for BFG (not speaking of Ronald Dahl's BFG)
I'm an inspired writer and wannabe artist. I excel in those trades yet I fall to a good RP with my OCs.
I like eating...and Joe.
Been a fan since...uhhh...2006? I canni mind '-'

aattss
Zombie Hunter

Postby aattss » 07 Aug 2011, 23:55

You should make OJ wiser after his ordeal with the vampire, but not too much wiser. You still need character development for later.

iRorschachBot
Survivor

Postby iRorschachBot » 12 Aug 2011, 09:28

Happy Demon wrote:We all know what BFG 9000 really stands for, and that is: Big F***ing Gun.

Well, he would know that if he had played the original game.
Now I feel... Old.
Anyways, my suggestion...
Stay on track. I love how this is developing over time, and just it's general feel.
So, stay the course, steadily improve, etc.

Although, may I request slightly improved facial expressions? To me, (who has trouble picking up subtle things), they seem to be kind of bland in some situations. Oh, and @ the guy who requested them removed, I use them mainly to get a better glimpse at what the character is thinking. Without it, they might seem completely... Idk. Surely there's a word for what I'm thinking of, but I'm too lazy to find it.
Noob and proud.

HD Cerberus
Vampire Slayer

Postby HD Cerberus » 12 Aug 2011, 19:52

..... Expressionless?

geoffm
Survivor

Postby geoffm » 06 Oct 2011, 12:59

I think there should be a "back" option 'cause sometimes one can miss the text or mistakingly hit the Next button.
More generally, I think that the running stories should be continued and things explained more. All we see since the beginning is just added new stuff all the time - new characters, new events, new stories, new plots, and then they're abandonned because something new happens again. it feels like unfinished business and I keep wondering if it's going somewhere, if it's going to pull itself together or if it's going to keep bursting in every direction like some excentric dream

aattss
Zombie Hunter

Postby aattss » 30 Oct 2011, 07:34

Here's a good suggestion.

How about if you hold a contest where people submit character ideas and whoever you think is the best gets his idea added to the game?

Opcalypse
Citizen

Postby Opcalypse » 10 Apr 2012, 02:20

I just found this flash-comic yesterday, thanks for the hours of straight entertainment as I immersed in your story. Here's my suggestion: keep going. You don't need some reader to give you any insights, this is a great Post-Apoc story and you are a very creative artist.

Now I'm off to the fan-fiction section of the forums to continue my immersion.

Given the amount of storytellers out there, it'd be AWESOME if you designed and released a tool for fellow story-tellers (who lack your artistic abilities) to create stories elsewhere in the world of Pocalypse. Imagine the content this site would provide as dozens of stories were updated daily. All within a world you created and told using artwork that is undoubtedly yours. Even keeping full editorial authority, I imagine you'd still have a full order of magnitude increase in what you were publishing. More content = more readers. More readers = more lucrative projects. More lucrative projects = more time to spend on other projects you enjoy.

Food for thought...

ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Game music

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 14 Apr 2012, 20:26

As well as composing some good tunes for the comic, how about some game music too. There are brilliant ones out there.

This one for example, is good for the Machine areas.

Marathon - Main Theme
I'm an inspired writer and wannabe artist. I excel in those trades yet I fall to a good RP with my OCs.
I like eating...and Joe.
Been a fan since...uhhh...2006? I canni mind '-'

Return to “Comic Discussion”