Suggestions to the Author

Discuss The Pocalypse here! Let Joe know if you have any suggestions and what you like and don't like!
ManateeHitSquadGo
Gate Guard

Suggestions to the Author

Postby ManateeHitSquadGo » 03 Nov 2010, 10:43

I couldn't find a similar topic, so I made one (If there is one, delete this one), so I thought that we could make suggestions to joe here
First off, I love the first 11 episodes so far, they were very funny. One thing I didnt love was the drawings next to the text. It's not so much that they were bad drawings as they were contrasting to the rest of the comic, in its 8 bit glory. If there only purpose is to express who is talking I think a simple recreation of the animation of the character next to the text (If jess is holding a gun, have an animation of her walking with a gun next to the text in the place of the character drawings) to show who is speaking, would be more preferable. This would also allow readers to try to formulate more detailed appearances for the characters in their heads, from context clues in the text ("How do you get the all that hair into that suit"= HE MUST HAVE A FRO)
If you like the character drawings, then don't worry about it, art in all webcomics evolves into forms that become comfortable with the audience and author
"Someone near him said: It worked
Someone else said: Now we're all sons of bitches"
Joe
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions to the Author

Postby Joe » 03 Nov 2010, 11:00

Thanks for the suggestion! The images next to the text (talking heads, as I call them) have been brought up a few times :D

I agree that more could be done with them and I know that as the comic progresses, I will pay attention to them more. More expressions, more dynamic poses, etc. (funny that you mention Jess holding a gun! I thought the same thing when I was doing the scene :D)

Truth is, believe it or not, the talking heads are what take the most time :D So, I usually get the sprites, animations, and backgrounds out of the way, then spend the rest of my time with the talking heads. Unfortunately, that time is never enough :(

Luckily, due to the nature of The Pocalypse's art style that I've chosen, I will gradually be able to spend less and less time on the sprites/BGs because those assets will already exist :D Then, I will be able to spend more time on the talking heads (and music/sound!).

Please stay tuned as The Pocalypse gets better and better and thanks for reading (or is it watching?)! :D
ManateeHitSquadGo
Gate Guard

Postby ManateeHitSquadGo » 03 Nov 2010, 11:29

Good point, its a good cross between a webcomic and a video, which is very interesting. I also like how it seems pretty mellow, no walls of text or crazy action scenes, just one thing happening per comic. Also, I noticed that the series is divided up into chapters and episodes, how long will each chapter be?

EDIT: Also I think a new haircut for Joe my do the comic some justice. Maybe something spikier, it makes it hard to distinguish him as male with his flat haircut
"Someone near him said: It worked
Someone else said: Now we're all sons of bitches"
Irish Psycho
Zombie Hunter
Location: in that place where stuff happensand and that thing is

Postby Irish Psycho » 09 Nov 2010, 22:05

i would like to know who guy-who-looks-like-joe-with-blue-pants-in-the-upper-tabs is.
just curious.
I'm not insane, i'm only semi-sane.
Joe
Site Admin

Postby Joe » 10 Nov 2010, 06:52

Wow, good eye! :)

The guy with the blue pants is indeed Joe. Joe will eventually get a wardrobe change (he can't stay in hospital clothes forever!) and he likes blue pants :D
lEOO213
Survivor

Postby lEOO213 » 02 Jun 2011, 13:07

hi i'm new and i've just been wondering about some stuff: Is there some way to make a shortcut button for instead of clicking next repreatedly? I dont know it just irritates me. also instead of at the end of every comic could there be something that allowed you to just play the next one? like a playlist feature almost. If this has been previously brought up i'm sorry, feel free to yell at me via comments (<- words i know i will regret)
Awesomeness
Survivor

Postby Awesomeness » 09 Jun 2011, 07:31

:D What would be great is if you could update the comics faster because I am a huge fan!

:D Also, it would be cool if you could do a scene about the mutant, Bug and Greybane being captured by a machine and what that was like to be in that transport machine and at the machine base! Tell me what you think please!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use the edit button when posting twice consecutively.- HD Cerberus
zombietron
Survivor

Postby zombietron » 15 Jun 2011, 06:07

I think you shoud (if you want) post some games.Becouse i bet they will be great and i love the comics (soooooooo funny) :lol:
PS: im a biiiiiiiiiiigggggggg fan of your work :D
PS of the PS:i realy am a biiiiggg fan :D :D :D :D
ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 02 Aug 2011, 07:35

I know some new weapons.
You've got rockets, EMP rockets, rifles, MGs, Lasers etc.

How about some more?
BFG (Bioforce gun): A large gun that fires a green eerie blast that when it strikes a surface it explodes and mushes the target plus smaller seekers go apart and attack other nearby targets to fry them. awesome weapon from the infamous Doom series.

Homing Rockets: Rockets can miss but these never. The rockets lock on to probably fumes from plants, zombies or other emissions and adjust themselves onto the target, They are awesome and can catch out some vampires probably. You could even let take corners too Joe.

Railgun: A powerful weapon that fires DU shells at a fraction of a second, excellent anti-armor weapon. Would be used to penetrate the Machines.
I'm an inspired writer and wannabe artist. I excel in those trades yet I fall to a good RP with my OCs.
I like eating...and Joe.
Been a fan since...uhhh...2006? I canni mind '-'
HD Cerberus
Vampire Slayer

Postby HD Cerberus » 02 Aug 2011, 09:29

Here's a sudden thought, (That comes from that gun post). Has it ever been mentioned where New Hammerstowns power is coming from? I'm assuming it's solar, but It's late, I can't remember if it's ever been mentioned, and I'm not going to bother hunting the archives to go check.

Return to “Comic Discussion”