Harbor Group of ppls

Discuss The Pocalypse here! Let Joe know if you have any suggestions and what you like and don't like!
luth9
Survivor

Harbor Group of ppls

Postby luth9 » 25 Apr 2012, 00:48

1. I think to dramatise the situation you can have just the father and son survive while the rest of the family gets taken away one by one.
2. Then you can have the father stubburnly clinging to his faith while the son still questions his(given valid reason).
A. There really are several ways you could go about this with:
B. Still ending in all of their deaths
C. The father and son could even be dragged to the old world as 'meals for the road(water)' only to escape, or be eaten.

It would be interesting watching this debate go on so my vote i guess would be let them live and witness the horrors of French vampires... ahem. (maybe they could be twilight kind?)

Edit: ok, the french vampire thing was a joke guys... calm down. take your militaristic convo to another thread as none of the replies have anything to do what with i posted.
Last edited by luth9 on 26 Apr 2012, 03:31, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Re: Harbor Group of ppls

Postby Happy Demon » 25 Apr 2012, 01:17

Are you kidding me? The French are some of the most militaristic people on the planet, their tanks in WW2 was actually much better than the ones the Germans had, it's just that they didn't get to build as many.

As for the family, they will all die, violently, since that's what post-apocalypse does, it has no happy ending, the bad ending has already happened, this is just an aftermath.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!

Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Postby Eldaran » 25 Apr 2012, 03:16

Ok, here i need to step in.
The French had better tanks then the Germans? :lol:
I have no love for things that happend at that time but i need to say that Germany had been one of the Military most powerful Nations in the world.
Specially Tanks, Infantry and Submarines. (For a short time also Air Warfare, The Jet)

The French only "won" against the Germans with Napoleon... and there had been no Germany, only small kingdoms.
That's why many French are still unhappy with Germans. They cant win against us, without the help against the rest of the world.
The only thing Nobody can give back to you is time. Dont waste it on everyone.

Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 25 Apr 2012, 04:09

When Germany first attacked France in WW2 the German tanks couldn't even penetrate the French tank armor.
I'm not a military genius, but even I know that if your tank can't penetrate the enemy tank's armor while the enemy tank can penetrate your tank's armor, you're screwed.
It was with the Blitzkrieg Strategy that the Germans steamrolled France, not their Tank Design.

Also the PzKpfw 2 couldn't even penetrate the Hotchkiss H35, not to mention the tanks that wasn't made, like the AMX 12t, that tank blows the PzKpfw 4 to shreds, since it fires powerful shots with high reload, since it has magazines.
The AMX M4 was never made, but it was in development, and quite powerful. Also, the German Tiger's armor was very thin. At least they didn't plan to make the Landkreuser P. 1000 Ratte or the Landkreuser P.1500 Monster.

What about WW1? I think Germany got pretty steamrolled there, of course it wasn't just France, but still.
There's also many recent victories (in the 21st century) where they weren't alone against their enemy (Mission Heracles, Mission Unicorn, Operation Baliste, etc.).
If you search for French Military Victories you'll find quite the list, many of these are victories.
The first shown victory on the page I'm reading of, is when they defeated the Roman Republic and sacked Rome in 387 BC.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Opcalypse
Citizen

Postby Opcalypse » 25 Apr 2012, 09:40

The Foreign Legion is French and they are some of the most kick-arse commandos on the planet.

Was Germany's military better than Frances during WW2... sure.

What this has to do with the comic or this thread... no idea. =)

Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 25 Apr 2012, 13:58

Well we didn't bother making another thread, so we used this one.

Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Postby Eldaran » 25 Apr 2012, 18:34

Yeah, i need to agree with some of the facts...
Of course the Tigers armour was very thin.. the role for it was to break through the enemy line so that the Panther (Germans Main tank) could take care of the rest.
Also The Tiger 2 was a different story again.
But i believe that the Panther was one of the better tanks. The T-34 (Soviet tank, One of the best allrounder for his time) was the superior tank in the world until the arrival of the Pz IVF2 and G model with the 75mm L43/48. In firepower the PzIVG was equall to the T-34F and had the advantage in optics and rate of fire. The T-34 diesel engine was also not reliable and prone to brakedowns. In terms of crew comfort it was none existent and the tank commander had to locate the target and fire the gun thereby decreasing the rate of fire versus the German tanks. With the the Tiger superiority the T-34 "vanished". The Tiger could nock out a T-34 at 1500 meters while the T-34 had to get to 500 meters before it had a reasonable chance of damaging a Tiger.
I m not sure if you can compare vehicles purely on stats. Sure, armour and firepower are important, but it all can be affected by a crew who cant turn around without knocking their heads against each other....

But yeah, i need to aggre that German tanks had many problems, in the whole series, the sherman was one of the best. But the French tanks still had not much of a chance in the war...

Oh yeah, the The Foreign Legion is French, are some of the best troops around now.

Sorry that we took the thread over... can someone move it somewhere else???
The only thing Nobody can give back to you is time. Dont waste it on everyone.

luth9
Survivor

Postby luth9 » 26 Apr 2012, 03:40

dont worry about it. i was just speculating on a few possiblities that could happin to the comic and was quite confused when i signed in today i saw it became a tank discussion... even i couldnt see where the connection was made... vampires, tanks..... ?????

Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 26 Apr 2012, 13:38

Well, there's tanks in the Pocalypse. Is it less derailing now?

Return to “Comic Discussion”