Religious characters cast in a poor light.

Discuss The Pocalypse here! Let Joe know if you have any suggestions and what you like and don't like!
Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Re: Religious characters cast in a poor light.

Postby Eldaran » 29 Apr 2012, 10:15

Ha... i thought you would say so.. Hitler also had a mustache, so everyone with a mustache is evil? Hitler was a short man, every short man is evil? (Well if you think about Napoleon...)

Hitler (in the end) was a lunatic. But saying that he started WW2 because he was a Christian... He used his religion to gain more followers, more power (just as most people did)
The Last wars i can remember "in the name of god" had been the "The Crusades" (but i m sure there are others..)
The only thing Nobody can give back to you is time. Dont waste it on everyone.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 29 Apr 2012, 19:15

Well aren't you dragging it way too far? Did Hitler use his mustache to gain followers or make people hate Jews even more? No, of course he didn't.
Oh, and notice the plural, it means I'm NOT referring to only one person.

Oh, and I never said Hitler's Christianity caused WW2, I said Christians caused WW2.
The whole World War could have been reduced to a simple War if the Allied forces had steamrolled Nazi Germany the moment they went on the offensive.
There's a lot of foolish decisions on both sides in WW2.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Postby Eldaran » 30 Apr 2012, 12:04

Nope, but you said that Hitler was christian after i said that Hitler started the war...

Also you could say that caucasians started the war... in fact they started almost every big war...
But yeah, if the US would have steamrolled earlier, much could have been avoided.
If i would have studied better, i could have been a doctor.
But yeah, on all sides things went wrong.
The only thing Nobody can give back to you is time. Dont waste it on everyone.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 30 Apr 2012, 14:38

Religion causes a lot, it's the factor that finally makes things go wrong, since it's in almost every person, so it's always there, and quite big.
I find it stupid when people call Nazis Satanists or Demon Worshipers, it's so inaccurate it's actually polar opposite to the truth.

Caucasian eh? I wonder how many wars Aryan people have caused.
I can't exactly remember Aryans ever being the prime evil, Hitler wasn't one, so they weren't the prime evil in WW2.

Maybe scientists should try to create another sapient race just to show that Humans aren't the only people that can do evil.
Maybe see how their religion might be different or similar to our own, and then promptly exterminate them so they don't conquer the world.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!

Return to “Comic Discussion”