Human warfare

Discuss The Pocalypse here! Let Joe know if you have any suggestions and what you like and don't like!
Killercam
Survivor

Human warfare

Postby Killercam » 14 Dec 2011, 20:34

As i have been watching many apocalypse movies and this suddenly came to mind:
"why is there no tanks or helicopter or jet fighters?!?" :shock: :o

Joe, to make to make this a whole new level of EPICNESS! we need to Humans to get tanks and jet fighter and helicopters!

feel free to comment! :) ;)
Now Aint That a Kick in the teeth!!!

Lets Kick the tyres and Light the fires!

Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Re: Human warfare

Postby Happy Demon » 15 Dec 2011, 00:25

Maintenance, a tank guzzles fuel very fast, so does fighter jets and helicopters. The planes use very light fuel too, and fixing them is very hard when the airport is overrun (though that part is kinda stupid, as they're pretty well defended).
The tank can't be fixed normally if the track breaks, they need special tools, and certain spare parts.

They have to do maintenance on it every week or so, or it'll rust and all that.
Remember that they bring tanks on the back of trucks very often to save fuel.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!

ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 16 Dec 2011, 07:07

You were slightly a bit overkill killercam

I slightly agree with Happy Demon where there is a Machine City sized human labour to maintain such, "make human invincible", vehicles. But i do consider something smaller that would satisfy both you and Happy Demon (who is a bit on the Too Much Information side).

Such small vehicles such as trucks with mounted MGs (or Technicals as special operations teams call it) are used widely by militia as they are easy to put together from the available materials they have. It would need less maintenance because they can easily replace any broken parts considering enough materials are available.

speaking of rusting tanks...
" I wonder how the Doc's 'docinator' tank is kept in mint condition despite sitting there for a lengthy time acting as his coffee table and then running off with the elder in it where it seems to be working fine" :?
I'm an inspired writer and wannabe artist. I excel in those trades yet I fall to a good RP with my OCs.
I like eating...and Joe.
Been a fan since...uhhh...2006? I canni mind '-'

Merostomata
Vampire Slayer

Postby Merostomata » 19 Dec 2011, 13:32

Because the doctor took care of it, clearly.
Why haven't the machines nuked the rest of the world? I'm sure nothing could go wrong throwing radiation into the mix.
Also, have they ever heard of Faraday cages? The moment they start making those, everyone else is screwed over.
Hello!

ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 21 Dec 2011, 17:02

A Apocalypse event might have followed when the machines launched a tatical nuke. And that event is what we see in Joe's comic. But i doubt the Machine's ability to fire such a weapon. They're weapons just now are lasers and missiles and the machine city's brain told us that the Machines are relativly young in comparison to their advanced technology, it would take them years to find the combination for a nuclear warhead.
I'm an inspired writer and wannabe artist. I excel in those trades yet I fall to a good RP with my OCs.
I like eating...and Joe.

Merostomata
Vampire Slayer

Postby Merostomata » 21 Dec 2011, 17:40

No, it wouldn't. It's not a matter of finding 'combinations', whatever that's supposed to mean, especially since humanity has already done all the tests and put everything on the computers to begin with. They know what isotopes should work, they know how to construct the appropriate warheads.

The only problem is that they might get a little screwed up by the electromagnetic pulses, since they don't seem to be making the obvious step of creating Faraday cages to protect themselves.
Hello!

ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 22 Dec 2011, 05:50

Even though with the nuclear research that was taken with the Machines after the Pocalypse event. Perhaps the Pocalypse may have destroyed those data banks. But we aren't sure what happened during that event. So the machines believed to be 'young' after that and are now focusing on finding the Perfect Being. Case closed perhaps?
I like eating...and Joe.

Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Postby Eldaran » 10 Feb 2012, 14:56

I would say that Joe should include Humvee's, i think they would be more or less effective against many threats (Zombies, Mutants, Plants (The weapons of the Machines are maybe too strong and Vampires are too smart i think)
Even if there is not much oil anymore, normally the MG's (turrets) can be used stationary. (Wondered why they dont have 1-2 at the gate)
Yeah, tanks are maybe still useful as road blocks, but that makes me think, where do they get their ammo from? Do they still have a factory?

@Joe: Maybe that could be a new location in the comic
The only thing Nobody can give back to you is time. Dont waste it on everyone.

ummm24
Zombie Hunter

Postby ummm24 » 22 Mar 2012, 05:34

ZidaneRobbie wrote:speaking of rusting tanks...
" I wonder how the Doc's 'docinator' tank is kept in mint condition despite sitting there for a lengthy time acting as his coffee table and then running off with the elder in it where it seems to be working fine" :?

This machine can not be destroyed nor slowed, be it explosives or time! The Docinator!!!
Also, I think that there should be other survivor colonies in the story, right? I remember earlier in the story that they were talking about other colonies, but if New Hammerston was the only colony.... What would be the point, right?
As a wise man once said, "You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot, and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others."

Return to “Comic Discussion”