New characters or other for future chapters

Discuss The Pocalypse here! Let Joe know if you have any suggestions and what you like and don't like!
Frembra
Survivor

Re: New characters or other for future chapters

Postby Frembra » 15 May 2012, 18:03

Awesome thread, here's my ideas.

Aliens: Someone said something about Daleks, not a great idea, but aliens definitely. Perhaps they could crash land and create their own base. So far we seem to have an idea about rivalries. Notably Vampires and Zompires, Plant Monsters and Machines, Greybane's strain of mutation and Bug's strain, then of course Vampires have conspired with humans against Machines. It seems the machines are the biggest threat to all the species. What if the aliens made an alliance with the machines to upgrade them and then the machines turn on them like they did to humans. Aliens could become an ally instead of a threat.

Werewolves: Definitely need some to complete the Vampire mythology. I know they're over used together, but their rivalry is legendary. Greybane should have been a classic werewolf instead of a mutant since he has that scar on his face, but maybe a different strain of the mutant virus is a good thing.

Dopplegangers: Call them Doppers for short. Someone said something about clones, I love clones. So far it is suggested that Bernard had created bodies for Samuel. Maybe Joe was created differently and caused him to have his own mind so Bernard gave him to a family. Joe might actually be genetically related to Samuel and not a clone. But either way, Bernard did create clone bodies. Maybe there are others like Joe who believe they were normal. Admittedly things will get confusing since we now have 3 minds inside Joe. Outer Joe, Inner Joe and Samuel. Maybe the clones aren't of Joe, the technology to create them could have been stolen. This would be the machines again. It was hinted at that Samuel was the hive mind for the machines so maybe they also got the knowledge of cloning. They already had Greybane and some others. Maybe they kept DNA samples so they could create clones to infiltrate the colony. It could explain Jake's stupid tactics against the machines if he was a Dopper.

Cyborgs: I read someone else mention these as well. Once more, Machines would have to be involved in their back story. It would be good to see a group of highly popular characters get captured and turned into cyborgs to attack the colony. Doc would have to be turned into one as well. His mind is so powerful he could probably overpower the machines programming and be a human with cybernetic parts and enhanced brain space... he might even remember names. Plus he could become even more madder.

Reptiles: So far we have the history makers (Vampires), we have the new age (Machines), the pandemic (Zombies), the experiment gone wrong (Mutants) and the creatures of nature (Plant Monsters). If Werewolves come into it from Greybane (Or you take my suggestions) then Vampires have their other half, Zombies and Mutants are also the same in some ways, and if you take my suggestion of Aliens, then Machines would have their other half. That leaves he Plant Monsters (Pun... anyone? No?). There could be animals who have also mutated or evolved into something more dangerous. We've already seen mutant dog things, what if there are more like them who aren't on the same side of the mutants, even humanoid in appearance (Similar to the Sillurians of Doctor Who, the Homo Reptilia).

Even though this is for new species and not characters (I'll probably post this in a different thread as well) the title does say characters, so I'm going to say it. We need to see another surviving colony, a nice colony, not more enemies like Gregory. I mean Dr Roth was right, they should expand the colony, perhaps they could create a passage like a trade route, or even expand to a field to grow crops and have a field for pigs, cows and other animals. We've already seen survivors of one colony who tried attack Dr Roth, admittedly they weren't very nice, but maybe the new colony could be a rival against this 3rd colony. Or they could be one of the same and these particular citizens just aren't the nicest guys there.

Sorry for writing so much, but I've just come across this comic yesterday and it took me 24 hours (give or take) to read it all and I love it.

ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 17 May 2012, 22:45

Frembra wrote:Awesome thread, here's my ideas.

Aliens: Someone said something about Daleks, not a great idea, but aliens definitely. Perhaps they could crash land and create their own base. So far we seem to have an idea about rivalries. Notably Vampires and Zompires, Plant Monsters and Machines, Greybane's strain of mutation and Bug's strain, then of course Vampires have conspired with humans against Machines. It seems the machines are the biggest threat to all the species. What if the aliens made an alliance with the machines to upgrade them and then the machines turn on them like they did to humans. Aliens could become an ally instead of a threat.

Werewolves: Definitely need some to complete the Vampire mythology. I know they're over used together, but their rivalry is legendary. Greybane should have been a classic werewolf instead of a mutant since he has that scar on his face, but maybe a different strain of the mutant virus is a good thing.

Dopplegangers: Call them Doppers for short. Someone said something about clones, I love clones. So far it is suggested that Bernard had created bodies for Samuel. Maybe Joe was created differently and caused him to have his own mind so Bernard gave him to a family. Joe might actually be genetically related to Samuel and not a clone. But either way, Bernard did create clone bodies. Maybe there are others like Joe who believe they were normal. Admittedly things will get confusing since we now have 3 minds inside Joe. Outer Joe, Inner Joe and Samuel. Maybe the clones aren't of Joe, the technology to create them could have been stolen. This would be the machines again. It was hinted at that Samuel was the hive mind for the machines so maybe they also got the knowledge of cloning. They already had Greybane and some others. Maybe they kept DNA samples so they could create clones to infiltrate the colony. It could explain Jake's stupid tactics against the machines if he was a Dopper.

Cyborgs: I read someone else mention these as well. Once more, Machines would have to be involved in their back story. It would be good to see a group of highly popular characters get captured and turned into cyborgs to attack the colony. Doc would have to be turned into one as well. His mind is so powerful he could probably overpower the machines programming and be a human with cybernetic parts and enhanced brain space... he might even remember names. Plus he could become even more madder.

Reptiles: So far we have the history makers (Vampires), we have the new age (Machines), the pandemic (Zombies), the experiment gone wrong (Mutants) and the creatures of nature (Plant Monsters). If Werewolves come into it from Greybane (Or you take my suggestions) then Vampires have their other half, Zombies and Mutants are also the same in some ways, and if you take my suggestion of Aliens, then Machines would have their other half. That leaves he Plant Monsters (Pun... anyone? No?). There could be animals who have also mutated or evolved into something more dangerous. We've already seen mutant dog things, what if there are more like them who aren't on the same side of the mutants, even humanoid in appearance (Similar to the Sillurians of Doctor Who, the Homo Reptilia).

Even though this is for new species and not characters (I'll probably post this in a different thread as well) the title does say characters, so I'm going to say it. We need to see another surviving colony, a nice colony, not more enemies like Gregory. I mean Dr Roth was right, they should expand the colony, perhaps they could create a passage like a trade route, or even expand to a field to grow crops and have a field for pigs, cows and other animals. We've already seen survivors of one colony who tried attack Dr Roth, admittedly they weren't very nice, but maybe the new colony could be a rival against this 3rd colony. Or they could be one of the same and these particular citizens just aren't the nicest guys there.

Sorry for writing so much, but I've just come across this comic yesterday and it took me 24 hours (give or take) to read it all and I love it.

Nice use of the word madder for Doc. Perhaps Madderer would be better rofl :D
I'm an inspired writer and wannabe artist. I excel in those trades yet I fall to a good RP with my OCs.
I like eating...and Joe.
Been a fan since...uhhh...2006? I canni mind '-'

The Khan
Citizen

Postby The Khan » 19 May 2012, 09:40

Now that's what I call a wall of text. :lol:

Cazaki
Survivor

Postby Cazaki » 20 May 2012, 10:42

The comic touched on the possibility of having demons or other kinds of celestial beings in it and I recall Doc saying that the only existing threats are made via science, or something along those lines.

Frembra
Survivor

Postby Frembra » 22 May 2012, 21:39

ZidaneRobbie - That's what you took away from that?
The Khan - So nothing to add to this...
Cazaki - I understand how most things exist through science, but not Vampires. They're definitely not science related, they even said they've been around for centuries. Zombies = virus = science. Mutants = mutation (you don't say) = science. Plant Monsters = evolution = science. Machines = science. So Aliens, Dopplegangers, Cyborgs and Reptiles are still on the table. Werewolves would only come in if Andy or any of the others mention them.

aattss
Zombie Hunter

Postby aattss » 23 May 2012, 06:21

Vampires and Werewolves

Beasts and Plants

Robots and Aliens (the robots are looking for specimens, after all)

Humans and Zombies

Mutants and Reptiles

Zompires and Super-Saiyan Hitler.

Return to “Comic Discussion”