Zombies: scientific argument

Discuss The Pocalypse here! Let Joe know if you have any suggestions and what you like and don't like!
Merostomata
Vampire Slayer

Re: Zombies: scientific argument

Postby Merostomata » 11 Aug 2011, 08:17

The obvious compromise is a collection of virus cyborgs.
Hello!

Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 11 Aug 2011, 10:52

But those have shielding, it has a metal casing, and they're way bigger than a nanite, but if you take away the shielding on a computer and set your finger close to the processor, then you partially/completely break it without touching it.
If it's in a body, then the body acts as a shield, thus the nanites can replicate quite easily without worrying about the magnetic fields too much, since they can make shielding inside the body if they need to.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!

HD Cerberus
Vampire Slayer

Postby HD Cerberus » 12 Aug 2011, 05:59

I think your forgetting about the fact that your entire body runs on electric charge. Not a relatively big one, sure, but if your the size of a nanobot, and you havent got any protection, your fried anyway. Plus, nanobots appeal is with number. Whats an electric shock to afew thousand if they have a few million?

Keter
Citizen

Postby Keter » 12 Aug 2011, 06:52

Tension generated by our body is much less than 1V, most tissues don't reach even 100mV. But I still didn't get how they would be able to multiplicate inside us! We sure have some metals in our organism, but i don't think it would be enough to create thousands of nanobots.

Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 12 Aug 2011, 08:22

Well maybe they would make the hosts eat metal and whatnot?
Woof.

Keter
Citizen

Postby Keter » 12 Aug 2011, 10:34

Happy Demon wrote:But those have shielding, it has a metal casing, and they're way bigger than a nanite, but if you take away the shielding on a computer and set your finger close to the processor, then you partially/completely break it without touching it.
If it's in a body, then the body acts as a shield, thus the nanites can replicate quite easily without worrying about the magnetic fields too much, since they can make shielding inside the body if they need to.

Our body is very susceptible to magnetic fields and they conduct them pretty well too. That's why you can put electrodes on your pulses and heel to read the small eletromagnetic field generated by your heart activity.
I've read somewhere something about physicians worring about magnetic fields affecting artificial pacemakers, but the paper was a bit old so I don't know if they already created pacemakers resistant to magnetic variations.

Lukesf wrote:Well maybe they would make the hosts eat metal and whatnot?

lol, this could become a movie :D

Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 12 Aug 2011, 18:28

About the airborne thing, it doesn't work at all, since the current would pass through thousands of nanites each nano second, and take a different path each time since the resistors would break, and become unconductable.

Best way of shielding magnetic waves = grounding, and you mentioned the hearth, that's in the middle of the body, the head is on top and doesn't receive as much magnetic waves, unless it's either coming from top, or as big as a human.

The biggest problem about nanites is that they're technology, technology constantly makes improvements, so who knows how advanced they will be when we reach zombifying nanites.

Besides, an army of AI controlled tanks is among the 5 AI super weapons that the AI will use if they decide to kill humanity (since H-bombs use Deuterium, and that's better used at fusion reactors.).
The other 4 is battleships, submarines, airplanes, and bombers.
On the other hand, an army of AI controlled planes would be the best weapon, if it was fast enough to react to that.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!

HD Cerberus
Vampire Slayer

Postby HD Cerberus » 12 Aug 2011, 19:51

If I was robots, and I wanted to kill humanity, I wouldn't bother with explosives. Just the weaponised forms of disease we have.

Merostomata
Vampire Slayer

Postby Merostomata » 12 Aug 2011, 21:18

Why kill humanity, though? Why use bombs that would destroy anything around the humans they were used on, why eliminate humanity in general? It'd make more sense to integrate the lives of humans with robots so completely that a person could not contemplate having a good life without them, milking humanity for labor and ideas the whole way through.

It'd be sort of like internet addiction, I guess, only worse and an actual thing.

It makes more sense to me to actually get technological advancement from humanity than it is to bomb them, and, by proxy, a lot of robotkind into oblivion for no apparent reason.
Hello!

Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 12 Aug 2011, 22:33

Well it would have to enslave humanity first.
Woof.

Return to “Comic Discussion”