When Did The Pocalypse Actually Start?

Discuss The Pocalypse here! Let Joe know if you have any suggestions and what you like and don't like!
WindWhitestorm
Zombie Hunter

When Did The Pocalypse Actually Start?

Postby WindWhitestorm » 08 Jun 2011, 20:00

When Did The Pocalypse Actually Start? How long has it been since it started?

So according to the old comic, Joe woke up found newspapers dated 6th Nov 2030, but newspapers probably have stopped production? So what's the current date now?
And also The Pocalypse probably happened after 2008 since Joe said he was asleep for 22 years.

What are your views? :D
Hello :D

Squizzel
Colony Council

Re: When Did The Pocalypse Actually Start?

Postby Squizzel » 09 Jun 2011, 06:57

A good guess at the date would be.. 2037. Jess is 21, and we Know she grew up as a child with her the zombies around. I'd also exspain the AI and tech. We have no way of knowing though :/
ImageImageImageImage
Sair is now locked :3 I like her how she is ^^

WindWhitestorm
Zombie Hunter

Postby WindWhitestorm » 09 Jun 2011, 08:25

If I remember correctly, Jess is 23 :)
Hello :D

digitalwill
Survivor

Postby digitalwill » 12 Jun 2011, 00:09

well id say some time in the future frome now but not to much bcause we avously tryed to use neculare wepones to stop the threat because (and thia ia just a guess) neculare fall out was what mutated people into mutents and mutated plantes into plant monsters so id say 2020 or around that time (yes i know i have por spelling if there is any :roll: )

Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 12 Jun 2011, 03:08

Use a online spellcheck please, I cant understand half of your posts.
Woof.

kim jo-el
Citizen

Postby kim jo-el » 13 Jun 2011, 15:52

I'm not sure that it's "avous" that future people used nuclear weapons. The problems created by fallout last for more than 20 years. None of the characters need to wear hazmat suits to go outside, and they seem to be able to drink water without issue.

HD Cerberus
Vampire Slayer

Postby HD Cerberus » 14 Jun 2011, 06:09

Yea, I'm reluctant to believe that Nuclear weapons would be the first (or any stage) of defense. Even now, we have options that would be much more effective then traditional nuclear weapons, and we don't have the technology the pocalypse has.

On another note, I think trying to guess years is a tough one, I could write a very long post on speculating what year it is,but none of it would be any good, because you have speculation based on fact, (I.E despite being in a coma, Joe hasn't starved to death, so the pocalypse must have been fairly recent, at least in that area) and in a fantasy setting, you have counter speculation, based on an endless spectrum of possibilities. (I.E Joe has superpowers, and we don't know if he ages, or would even be able of starving to death. Alternatively, the hospital machines of the future may have been capable of, and programmed to feed him until it ran out of food. It may have had several years supply.)

I think it's possible better to speculate on the shopping mall survivors. Interesting that they didn't know about mutants, or machines etc. Just how long WERE the trapped there? If Jess grew up with the pocalypse, have they been there 20 years? Unlikely. Unlikely they would survive long outside a colony too.

A more important question might be, how come we haven't seen any viable, long term sustainable ways for the village to get it's food? I may be mistaken, but it appears to be still in the middle of an urban area. and considering the walls and all that we've seen, where do they grow their food? Growing it outside the protection of the village provides for another problem, how does one protect it against machine attacks?

digitalwill
Survivor

Postby digitalwill » 14 Jun 2011, 06:46

Well I can answer the machine defense question by reminding you of are favorite 3D glasses whereing doctor seeing what he can make I would not be surprised if he made that gate count spray from the pocalypse defense real you could also argue that he found a way to grow food in the suburban colony to which makes you wonder more on what year it truly is.

Merostomata
Vampire Slayer

Postby Merostomata » 14 Jun 2011, 07:59

I was thinking that the survivor colony in the mall was rather short-term, and that they'd been travelling around for a while (miraculously not near the mutant or robot or plant or vampire parts). At the very least, zombies should have gotten them if they'd stayed for very long; you'll notice that in their car barricade there are gaps just covered by chain link fence, which may as well be tissue paper considering how zombies can rip away car doors with their bites.
Hello!

HD Cerberus
Vampire Slayer

Postby HD Cerberus » 14 Jun 2011, 08:15

Yea, but do zombies have the intelligence? Typically, chain link fences fall because of the number of zombies, rather then their strength. Usually the terror lies (with slow moving zombies) in the fact that if you stay in one place you attract so many zombies, that the sheer weight of bodies collapse your defenses.

Return to “Comic Discussion”