Machine Types.

Discuss The Pocalypse here! Let Joe know if you have any suggestions and what you like and don't like!
The Ghost
Night Stalker

Re: Machine Types.

Postby The Ghost » 20 May 2011, 09:11

Don't know if it is a trope but it should be: "Where there are vampires there will be werewolves (and vice versa)."

See also: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TropesAreTools specifically the second segment.
For the Emperor!
HD Cerberus
Vampire Slayer

Postby HD Cerberus » 20 May 2011, 20:18

Nah, I can think of too many examples of movies with vampires but no werewolves. Interview with a Vampire to start.
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 20 May 2011, 21:02

Well, we shall just have to wait several more episodes and see if any more information is revealed.
Woof.
ummm24
Zombie Hunter

Postby ummm24 » 07 Jun 2011, 10:05

The Ghost wrote:This is total wild speculation but It has been my guess since we first saw the machines that they were originally created to be a means of halting the Pocalypse but somehow broke down/went nuts and became part of it.

If this is true, than it would be possible that the machines were origionally created by Bernie's father, but that would mean that Bernard Senior would most likely be killed (unless he would be like a batman-like-figure, killing every zombie/vampire he sees while staying away from civilization), and that would mean that we will never see Obliteration. Unless one of the machines takes control of it and uses it as a soldier or a very powerful scout.
Last edited by ummm24 on 07 Jun 2011, 10:39, edited 1 time in total.
As a wise man once said, "You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot, and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others."
ummm24
Zombie Hunter

Postby ummm24 » 07 Jun 2011, 10:07

Also, I would like to say that we are going way off topic from the machines.
As a wise man once said, "You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot, and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others."
ummm24
Zombie Hunter

Postby ummm24 » 07 Jun 2011, 10:52

ummm24 wrote:
The Ghost wrote:This is total wild speculation but It has been my guess since we first saw the machines that they were originally created to be a means of halting the Pocalypse but somehow broke down/went nuts and became part of it.

If this is true, than it would be possible that the machines were origionally created by Bernie's father, but that would mean that Bernard Senior would most likely be killed,...

I say this because his character is some sort of Lawful-good hero and wouldn't let this happen. If he created them, he would shut down all the machines. Also, because of his awesome suit, he could easily get in if the data base was being guarded, no matter how many machines were there.
HD Cerberus
Vampire Slayer

Postby HD Cerberus » 07 Jun 2011, 12:09

Umm, this is exactly what I was talking about when I wrote number 5). You will find an edit button next to your post, anytime you post. If you think of more to say, and no-one has replied yet, then use it.

HD Cerberus wrote:There has been enough of this that I think it deserves a mention.Lately there has been a small amount of aggression in the forum, and it needs to be toned down a little. Bear in mind, we're all here to have fun, and a bit of a chat. At the end of the day, it's only a forum, so things that happen here aren't worth getting worked up about.

So here are a few things to remember.

1) Rudeness begets rudeness, so try and keep it polite and civil at all times because as soon as YOU make a snarky remark, then you can darn tooting expect (and most of the time deserve) one back. Having said that, this applies if someone is rude to you. Not being rude back is the easiest, quickest, nicest way to diffuse the situation. Basically, don't feed the trolls.

This goes doubly for new members. Newbies are just that, new. This means they don't know what's going on. So be patient, and calmly explain to them what the problem is, if any. Rudeness to newbies is the fastest way to kill the forum.

2) Read your post back before you hit submit. That's what the preview button is for. (Sorta)
To other people your post is just text, with little or no context to mood, or if you are teasing, and it's easy for people to misunderstand the tone of the message.

3) Some people here are young. I.E. younger then you. Sometimes they don't understand what you easily get, or are trying to say things that make sense to them. Occasionally they are making things up. Maybe they have never been a member of a forum before.Giving off to them doesn't help.Regardless, if someone isn't making any sense, ask them to clarify. Or if they are arguing a point, ask them to back it up with another source. It inspires lively conversations, and helps people to learn.

4) For some people, English isn't their first language.

5) DOUBLE POSTING IS AGAINST THE FORUM RULES. (Which you all should have read) their is an edit button on any post you made. It's located on the top right of the post. If you aren't responding to someone, and no-one has replied in the interim, the edit button is your best choice.

6) Grave digging topics is a bit of a tough one. Try not to do it unless there's potential to get it going again. (Again, in the forum rules) For Newbies, all the forums are marked as unread, so they can sometimes not realise how old the thread is. It's annoying, and not really an excuse yes, but it happens. See reminder 1 through 3 for reasons not to yell at them.

Now, as I say, this is a gentle reminder to be nice. USUALLY everyone here is lovely, and polite and it's very easy to take it out one someone online if you've had a bad day yadda, yadda, etc. etc. I just think it bears mention that it hasn't gone unnoticed over the last few days.

Now I hope everyone is having a good day, and enjoying the new chapter. :D

Those of you interested should check out Zomboid, it's an indie developed zombie game. Still in Alpha, and you have to pay, but it looks good.
The Ghost
Night Stalker

Postby The Ghost » 08 Jun 2011, 11:25

SRSLY. You are starting to get on my circuits and that takes doing.
For the Emperor!
WindWhitestorm
Zombie Hunter

Postby WindWhitestorm » 08 Jun 2011, 20:12

It's prolly [probably] a heavily armoured transport type? I think it's gotta be 'long time foe', since they prolly [again] fought many times before? I meant like outside the supermarket.

But all this is not important. The question you should be asking is will GreyBane and Bug be combined together to make the ULTIMATE BIOCHEMICAL WEAPON? [Aside from Joe]

And will there be a cyborg? [Like Frank Archer?: http://fma.wikia.com/wiki/Frank_Archer]
Hello :D
ummm24
Zombie Hunter

Postby ummm24 » 16 Jun 2011, 12:37

No cyborgs. If so, then the whole story becomes confusing and goes nowhere. Eitherway, it's a good thought.

Return to “Comic Discussion”