Machine Types.

Discuss The Pocalypse here! Let Joe know if you have any suggestions and what you like and don't like!
HD Cerberus
Vampire Slayer

Machine Types.

Postby HD Cerberus » 18 May 2011, 05:07

So, what are we speculating about the machine that took Greybane away? Is it a transporter or a type of science/research machine? Perhaps it's a prison bot of some sort? Whatever it is, ridiculously heavily armoured. I guess that relegates the machines we already encountered near the barricade as 'Scouts'.

Also, have we speculated on what Greybane calling the Mutant Bug 'Old Friend' means? Term of endearment for a long time foe, or did he know him personally before the mutation?
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Re: Machine Types.

Postby Happy Demon » 18 May 2011, 05:10

I believe it's necessary to say that PC, Windows, Apple Macintosh and Linux isn't relevant here, because someone will make jokes about that if no-one mentions it
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 18 May 2011, 05:14

For the Machine, I would say its used for gathering living organic creatures and transporting them to its base (such as one of the cities) for research. It also may be used as a tank for whatever reason.

For Bug The Mutant, I would say that it would be all of the above.
Woof.
HD Cerberus
Vampire Slayer

Postby HD Cerberus » 18 May 2011, 05:17

Is it possible that we have Matrix style situation here where 'humans' are used to power the cities?
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 18 May 2011, 05:20

I don't think so, the only reason they used humans for power in 'The Matrix' was because the humans blocked out the sun.
Not only that but it wouldn't be very efficient and would be quite hard to fix.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 18 May 2011, 05:24

It is likely that they are experimenting on them for some reason then.
Woof.
The Ghost
Night Stalker

Postby The Ghost » 18 May 2011, 05:45

This is total wild speculation but It has been my guess since we first saw the machines that they were originally created to be a means of halting the Pocalypse but somehow broke down/went nuts and became part of it. If that were to prove true it would be likely that at some level in limited ways they were still bound by origional programing directives such as gathering research subjects to try finding a cure for the various 'plagues' that are at the pocalypse core.
For the Emperor!
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 18 May 2011, 06:57

If that were it then they wouldn't need Greybane, since werewolves are a species (if Graybane is indeed a werewolf or some other form of wereanimal), not a virus in a host such as zombies, nor are they irradiated like mutants such as bug (note: i have no idea if mutants are actually irradiated or not in the webcomic) and since they are mutated it will be unlikely that there is a cure beyond genocide and eradication, and vampires likely transmit via some form of magic and they are also a species since they are able (I think) to give birth since there was that scene about Andy and his mother, and plant monsters are... well i don't have a clue so im going to assume that they are either irradiated and mutated plants or a species as well that for whatever reason decided to surface like vampires and werewolves and whatever else decided to surface but have not been introduced.
Woof.
Squizzel
Colony Council

Postby Squizzel » 19 May 2011, 23:50

Hm.. Maybe the machines created Bug, as a way of using the mutants to kill off all the humans. Graybane was still alive, so they picked him up to see why. Just a thought.
ImageImageImageImage
Sair is now locked :3 I like her how she is ^^
HD Cerberus
Vampire Slayer

Postby HD Cerberus » 20 May 2011, 08:33

I'm still curious about Greybane. All signs point to werewolf, but maybe we're guessing it a little too obviously. Just thinking the last day that with all the mutants/mutations, one of them has to have mutated something we recognize, or something special at least. Werewolf?

Return to “Comic Discussion”