The Pocalypse Plot/ Theorizing Thread

Discuss The Pocalypse here! Let Joe know if you have any suggestions and what you like and don't like!
The Ghost
Night Stalker

Re: The Pocalypse Plot/ Theorizing Thread

Postby The Ghost » 02 May 2011, 07:21

It does seem that the two SL's are about to merge. I for one am disappointed, and have been since Greybane showed up, this was advertised at the beginning as a SL without the superhero characters, and that sounded like an entertaining change of pace, but then all the normals went squish and the supers started showing up, which was a disappointment. I am not dissing the work that has gone into the story and its development, just saying that advertising it as a supers free SL then dropping a werewolf and your friend and mine Powerfist into it... Well it sets up unreasonable expectations.

Peace aight? Looking forward to the next episode.
For the Emperor!
Squizzel
Colony Council

Postby Squizzel » 02 May 2011, 19:58

Joe said he'd be following a group of normal humans, which he has. At no point did he say that there wouldn't be any superhero characters. I think this would have been the only way for Joe to do Any good character devolment for Graybane, which is what alot of people have wanted since he showed up.

And you never know, my some freak happening they might not meet up at all.
ImageImageImageImage
Sair is now locked :3 I like her how she is ^^
ummm24
Zombie Hunter

Postby ummm24 » 04 Jun 2011, 11:26

In chapter 3, scene 19, Greybane said to Bug, "I am sorry that it had to end this way. Goodbye, old friend." Okay, so we know that they knew each other in the past, and we will learn about it in a scene later on. After I watched this, I asked my brother (he was watching it with me), "How is a mutant made?" He told me either a radioactive leak that mutated a whole city or a mad scientist (I then told him that if it was the first theory, then it would be the city's offspring that would be mutated, not the current population).
Spoiler! :
He also said that Greybane was most likely a mutant but I told him that he was a werewolf and he hit me for spoiling it for him.
Also, did Greybane meet Bug as a human or a mutant? Is there a guy in his basement cloning more mutants? If so, Is he cloning more like Bug? There are so many more questions, and I would like to see what other people think. Please send a post.
Spoiler! :
Also, is Greybane the only werewolf? How did he become this ferocious fur-ball? Is there a place only inhabited by werewolves? Are they docile like Greybane or aggresive and territorial? I would like to see what people think about this, but I am afraid that it will spoil the story like for my brother.
As a wise man once said, "You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot, and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others."
The Ghost
Night Stalker

Postby The Ghost » 04 Jun 2011, 11:35

Amusingly enough there is no surety that he is a werewolf, so you have spoiled nothing.
For the Emperor!
ummm24
Zombie Hunter

Postby ummm24 » 04 Jun 2011, 12:09

I spoiled it for my brother, and he was pretty pissed (come to think of it, I spoil alot of these things for my brother). Is why I put the last topic as a spoiler.
Also, there is a big chance that he is a werewolf. He has claws, fangs, big beard & lots more hair, Joe is allergic to dogs and happens to sneeze when he is near, has a large brown hood, ect, ect. Sorry to be the one to say it, but he is a stereo-type werewolf. There is enough surety that he is a werewolf as a man with a goaty is the villain.
Last edited by ummm24 on 04 Jun 2011, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
As a wise man once said, "You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot, and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others."
The Ghost
Night Stalker

Postby The Ghost » 04 Jun 2011, 12:30

Think you that Joe, who is author of all and creator of the world they live in, is not clever enough to paint a Zoro like hero (IE one with a goatee.) or a man who it is clear we are meant to think is a werewolf but is in fact something else? Shame sir, shame!
For the Emperor!
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 04 Jun 2011, 12:31

ummm24 wrote:-snip-

You aren't spoiling A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G, we already K-N-O-W, and your logic behind Bug is F-L-A-W-E-D, Greybane is N-O-T a stereotype werewolf, if he was then he would N-O-T be able to shift his claws and use them well in human or neko form, N-O-R would he know that he is one, he very likely became a werewolf
T-H-R-O-U-G-H genetic inheritance, would you please S-T-O-P using spoiler tags for things we A-L-L K-N-O-W, your cloning theory is so U-N-L-I-K-E-L-Y that it wouldn't make sense even if Joe did use it, and even if Greybane I-S a werewolf, we do N-O-T know for certain yet.
Woof.
ummm24
Zombie Hunter

Postby ummm24 » 04 Jun 2011, 14:20

Sorry, guys. I would also like to add that Greybane, In chapter 3, scene 15, said that "Mutants were humans once. Bug somehow regained some of its human intelligence. It learned to lead, stratagize... And even talk." He also said that Bug may not be the only one like this. Knowing that Greybane knew Bug in the past, I'm guessing that he knows how humans are transformed to mutants.
ummm24
Zombie Hunter

Postby ummm24 » 04 Jun 2011, 14:30

Sorry to turn the topic away from Greybane, but I was earlier posting where the plant monsters would live in the Plant Monsters Thread in the forum (I think that Lukesf knows what I'm talking about), and while I was writing, I was explaining why the main characters wouldn't go there, but then I said, "...so unless plant monsters come to retrieve Scruffelbeck, they wont go there in a while..." So, then I was thinking about the plot. I don't think that plant monsters would go to New Hammerston, because then the plant mosters would kill everyone. The characters do emphesize how dangerous they really are. I said to myself, "Maybe Scruffelbeck could go to them." Not likely. Scruffelbeck doesn't know where they are, and it's not that reasonable if Scruffelbeck can sense where they are. So I was thinking why he would go there. Two thoughts came to my mind: 1) The man who sold the plant-puppies found them near the Green Pastures (the location of the plant monsters), so that Scruffelbeck would know where he was born, and go back for the better soil, to mate, or because there is a cause why plants have minds, becoming plant monsters. Maybe a fountain, or the soil. 2) The flowers on the plant monsters are pollenating. Scruffelbeck is attracted to the special pollen. Scruffelbeck runs away to the source of the pollen. The pollen comes from the Green Pastures. The plant monsters have to have flowers, otherwise they can't have seeds, and that means that they can't have offspring. I really dont want these plant mosters to have eggs, that would ruin everything for me. Also, my brother said that there could be a 'mother plant,' or a 'plant queen,' like with ants, bees, or termites. He also said that there could be an alpha-plant. I really dont like this idea (he then retorted to me that vampires exist, making anything possible. Of course, I always want to keep these things as reasonable as possible. I will talk about the vampire subject later on).
These aren't the two best excuses for Scruffelbeck to run away, but I just really want to see a sketched plant monster. Again, I would like to see what other people think about this. Please post your thought, or another reason why they ses a plant monster in action.
ummm24
Zombie Hunter

Postby ummm24 » 04 Jun 2011, 14:31

That took a long time to write.

Return to “Comic Discussion”