The Pocalypse Defense 2 Ideas and Brainstorming

Discuss Green Pixel games in here! Feedback, constructive criticism, praise, wishlists, it's all good!
Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Re: The Pocalypse Defense 2 Ideas and Brainstorming

Postby Eldaran » 11 Mar 2012, 10:02

Yes!!! That's what i m talking about...
But do you know "sea of fire" (is a RTS flashgame) that when you conquer certain regions that you get bonuses... which is natural because the Colony (forgot the name :oops: ) cant have everything. To ask to make the survivors eating and having a moral is maybe too much but certain bonuses that e.g.: you find a weapon against the vampires in Robot territory...

But then of course you need around 10 units for each faction (more or less), and yeah, later then you might start on an add on just as "zidaneRobbie" and "Happy Demon" already wrote.

Different factions? would be a nice add on but i like "zidaneRobbie's" names better, specialy
Mutants - The Bounty Hunting begins
Vampires - Fangs of Glory

Machines - Logically Superior
The only thing Nobody can give back to you is time. Dont waste it on everyone.
ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 12 Mar 2012, 19:24

Large Image below

That would be a good idea then.
Sorry Happy Demon, you did good :lol:

Well the colony thing is kinda good, like Risk or World Conquest on Rise of Nations.

example
I'm an inspired writer and wannabe artist. I excel in those trades yet I fall to a good RP with my OCs.
I like eating...and Joe.
Been a fan since...uhhh...2006? I canni mind '-'
Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Postby Eldaran » 13 Mar 2012, 13:07

I m very sad, because i cant see the picture...
The only thing Nobody can give back to you is time. Dont waste it on everyone.
Joe
Site Admin

Postby Joe » 14 Mar 2012, 10:17

I was making up some assets and mockups for the iPhone version of TPD2 and I was reminded of the good (well, bad) ol' days of doing art for mobile devices. And, I mean "mobile devices" as in those tiny cell phones with their tiny screens that your grandparents probably still use. Yes, the current iPhone boasts an impressive 960x480px screen, but even then, I wouldn't be able to fit everything I want to fit, especially considering all the great ideas you guys have sent me. Also, everyone with an old iPhone wouldn't be able to play. That's one of the biggest disadvantages with pixel art: you can't scale down a 1:1px image without losing pixels and you can only scale up x2. This is where vector graphics would be ideal, but I'm not about to change The Pocalypse's stye! :D So, how about we go with the massive 1024x768px screen that comes with the iPad?

Here's a mockup of what I've been working on, with the 1024x768 screen in mind.

As you can see, the UI has changed a bit and is a bit simpler and less obstructive. The blue squares are where you can place units. Way more places to put your units, right? :D

I think this would look great on an iPad, but then issues concerning the Flash version arise if we work with this big size. Most Flash portals don't allow a game that's 1024x768px, so Rich and I have to discuss how the Flash (or PC) version is going to work :D Also, how many of you actually have an iPad? Just curious :D

Let me know what you think! And, keep the suggestions and ideas coming! I greatly appreciate them!
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 14 Mar 2012, 13:16

Ok... This has been bugging me since the first Pocalypse Defense, and many other games.
The upgrade to earn more money each mission, I don't like it, as it handicaps you through the beginning, but makes the game way too easy after it's completely unlocked.
I've played many Tower Defense Games where this doesn't exist, and I like it that way.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
Joe
Site Admin

Postby Joe » 14 Mar 2012, 13:25

Ah, the "Credit Tree" :D I swiped the idea from Bloons TD and it won't be appearing in TPD2 :D
ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 14 Mar 2012, 17:31

Nice one. thinking those free places for snipers lol :D
Sadly I don't have an iPad. But I might be having one soon.
I'm an inspired writer and wannabe artist. I excel in those trades yet I fall to a good RP with my OCs.
I like eating...and Joe.
Been a fan since...uhhh...2006? I canni mind '-'
Shaggy02
Survivor

Postby Shaggy02 » 15 Mar 2012, 00:50

Ive got an IPad the 1st one hopefully the game will be made compatible for us too :)
trynt
Survivor

Postby trynt » 15 Mar 2012, 09:53

hey joe i got a idea for the pocalypse defense 2 how about adding more then 1 stage like how about there could be 3 stages to pick like one stage is the regular one new hammerston gates and one could be the supermarket base and the bridge leading from hammerston city to new hammerston i think that would be a pretty could thing :D
Joe
Site Admin

Postby Joe » 15 Mar 2012, 12:55

trynt wrote:hey joe i got a idea for the pocalypse defense 2 how about adding more then 1 stage like how about there could be 3 stages to pick like one stage is the regular one new hammerston gates and one could be the supermarket base and the bridge leading from hammerston city to new hammerston i think that would be a pretty could thing :D

There'll be 5 different "stages"! :D

Return to “Game Discussion”