Pocalypse Defense could be better...

Discuss Green Pixel games in here! Feedback, constructive criticism, praise, wishlists, it's all good!
perechon
Survivor

Pocalypse Defense could be better...

Postby perechon » 13 Nov 2011, 20:48

Hi!

Don´t misunderstand me, for a first-timer the game is not bad! Infact, it´s better than many, many other defense games I´ve seen.
But there are things, you could do better (aren´t there always some?) :

After a while the game becomes boring, especially when you buy the laser with some decent damage and reload rate. You aim at the middle of the street and every hostile movings are hit! All monsters are annihilated at the first lamppost at the latest. At this point Bernie, Jess and Harrie aren´t needed any more...

There are several things you could do to enhance the game:
- a boss every now and then
- some story between the fights
- Somewhen about level 50 you have bought all you can possibly buy. What about some luxury goods? Or perhaps support for the other citizens?
- when Jess and Bernie are not needed, they could attend to other matters,
- perhaps recruitment and training of other heros?
- other problems in New Huntington?
- and so on
- in the comic not all the monsters are deaf like a chunk of bread. But in the game they keep coming the one single road. Why not hide between some houses, or bring some protection with them? Also New Huntington doesn´t have just one gate. Why not attack the other one. In later levels perhaps two attacks at the same time? Bernie and Jess are able to defend the other gate then... With some effort you could add some strategic components to the game by this way.
- citizens: their amount keeps growing and growing, but there is no point for them expect some repairing of the gate. Even that isn´t necessary in later levels. What do you think about a big party when the citizenship reaches 1000, 2000, 3000,... ? Some of them could even bring technical knowledge into town (or perhaps other knowledge about monsters, other settlements)

Oh boy, I could continue for hours, but I think, you have got the point. :D

Greeting
perechon
ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Re: Pocalypse Defense could be better...

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 18 Nov 2011, 00:40

@perechon: Yh, but perhaps some additional weapons. Homing Rockets, ShotRocket Launcher (you'll know :D), plasma guns and the list goes on.

Perhaps add these suggestions
I'm an inspired writer and wannabe artist. I excel in those trades yet I fall to a good RP with my OCs.
I like eating...and Joe.
Been a fan since...uhhh...2006? I canni mind '-'
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 21 Nov 2011, 00:54

If the game area was larger then the homing rocket suggestion would have a point to be there.
Woof.
WindWhitestorm
Zombie Hunter

Postby WindWhitestorm » 30 Nov 2011, 19:41

A continue button would be nice. And a save.
Hello :D
Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Postby Eldaran » 09 Feb 2012, 13:42

First: Great game, is more interesting than others, it is different than others (and that's something!!!)
But i also miss a bit a nice Story and it is short (if you dont play survival)
(But thanks to the missing story i wanted to know it and watched the cartoon..)
The concept in general is great, but again the citizen are only good to repair the wall and that you can buy Stinger, etc..
Let them bring something more to the colony, you would think that of 3000 citizen, one of them would stand on a roof and help, defend his/her home.
Also New Huntington doesn´t have just one gate. Why not attack the other one. In later levels perhaps two attacks at the same time? Bernie and Jess are able to defend the other gate then... With some effort you could add some strategic components to the game by this way.

Here that maybe the Citizen help to defend the Gate, every 10 Citizen you save is one more Soldier at the other gate? (not everyone can handle a gun) Then saving citizen would also have another purpose (plus they maybe bring weapon plans, food, etc..)
Yeah, a boss would be not bad, an Vampire Elder, a Hybrid, etc..

But man, i do love the rocket launcher (never had the laser)
The only thing Nobody can give back to you is time. Dont waste it on everyone.

Return to “Game Discussion”