Queen 2

Plan and discuss RPs here!
Silverware
Site Admin

Queen 2

Postby Silverware » 16 Jul 2013, 09:52

Yes, finally getting this going again.
I think the forums are probably fully dead by now though. =(

First is an interest check. If there is enough interest by next week, we shall start!
Second, I need you all to pick a biome to specialize in. (Forest, Plain, Hill, Mountain, Desert, River, Ocean, Arctic)
Third, I need you all to pick a type. (Insect, Mole, Lizard, Dinosaur, Rat, Bird, Fish, Frog)

The biome you select will have some minor bonuses for you, and will select where in the world you start.

The type will select the basics of your species, the initial mutations you start with, and how your critters interact with each other.
These can all be gained or changed later, but will require effort on the part of the species.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Re: Queen 2

Postby Happy Demon » 16 Jul 2013, 19:25

Hehehe, I'm still here, I just have a hard time motivating myself to draw my update on my RP (lots of trees, they get monotonous to draw, though the shading helps).

Yes, I'm interested.

I'd like Arctic, very strategic, the snow could be used to hide things, and it's relentless for those who's not adapted to it (like in The Thing).
Though Desert have much of the same advantage except you can move easier at the cost of it being harder to fortify (flyers in deserts tends to work, flyers in arctic... not so much).
So I'll give 1 vote to Arctic and 0,5 vote to Desert.

I'll go for Insect, armored, can be specialized, can range from huge to tiny (depends on enviroment), can burrow quite nicely, tends to reproduce fast, and tends to have more than sight to go on (useful for snow/sand storms).
Rat could work too, the fur helps shield from the enviroment, they can be quite nasty in numbers, tends to be good at burrowing, and have good senses.
So I'll give 1 vote to Insect and 0,5 vote to Rat.

Though I could be wrong in some assumptions, but I'll still vote for that.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Postby Eldaran » 19 Jul 2013, 13:26

@Happy Demon: But don't you think that if your critters are used to the cold weather that they would have a huge disadvantage in warmer or even hot climate?

I'm also interested and still roaming these halls

I would go for Forest or Arctic and if possible I prefer Spider, if not than Rats

Spiders in the Forest and Rats... anywhere. They reproduce fast and spiders would have the ability to attack or catch flying creatures and burrow (Many spiders live in holes) Though they don't have fur to protect them from the weather but a hard chitin protection from claws and daggers.

And Happy Demon already talked about the arctic and rats..
The only thing Nobody can give back to you is time. Dont waste it on everyone.
Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Silverware » 22 Jul 2013, 07:52

Cool that's two.
If we get three, I will get it started this week. If not I will wait till after the weekend when I have some time off.

Looking like an Arctic setting, with a random selection between insect, spider, and rat.
Should be fun whichever way it runs.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 22 Jul 2013, 23:00

Oh, I assumed Spider and Insect were the same, but I'll go for Spider, since Spiders are awesome (and some have webs).
So I'll move that one vote for Insect to Spider instead.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Postby Eldaran » 23 Jul 2013, 17:54

Well, spiders are arachnids but it seems rather 'funny' having spiders or insects in the arctic. They don't really seem fit to survive there
The only thing Nobody can give back to you is time. Dont waste it on everyone.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 24 Jul 2013, 20:18

Oh, they can survive, they just need fluffy fur to keep the heat, and fluffy spiders are awesome.

Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Silverware » 25 Jul 2013, 10:23

I am still working on how temperature extremes work, but I am thinking of handling them similarly to how I handle starvation.

Currently the Spider Queen would have the following mutations/specials, although these are subject to change depending on how the mechanics turn out as I get them done.
Small , Eight Limbs, Egg Layer, Exoskeleton, Silk Producer, Webwalker, Fangs, Poisoned Fangs

I am in the process of defining the mechanics, as a Google Doc!
You can feel free to have a nosey, and give me any feedback on the mechanics, and ask me questions.
It will help me round it out better.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 25 Jul 2013, 13:30

So... small, what size class number would that be?

Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Silverware » 26 Jul 2013, 07:18

I haven't decided exactly yet. But likely a 4.
Thats where it was to begin with anyways.
We would be looking at something with about a 1 meter leg span, and a body the size of a cat.
It has eight legs, and micro hooks on its feet allowing it to climb walls/trees, and walk on webs without getting stuck.
It can produce silk for webs, and lay eggs. Which it likely wraps in silk to protect them.
It has a thin exoskeleton, and poisoned fangs, which can be used to immobilize a foe, if enough poison is injected into them.

Return to “Roleplay Planning and Discussion”