Demonic Sandbox RP Setup Thread

Plan and discuss RPs here!
ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Re: Demonic Sandbox RP Setup Thread

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 29 Oct 2012, 03:42

Happy Demon wrote:I'm still waiting for that renewing of your character Zidane-san.

sorry to keep you waiting, but I am feeling to put him in just now ok?
I'm an inspired writer and wannabe artist. I excel in those trades yet I fall to a good RP with my OCs.
I like eating...and Joe.
Been a fan since...uhhh...2006? I canni mind '-'
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 29 Oct 2012, 05:49

Hm... I got an idea for a character.
Spoiler! :
Character Sheet
Account Name: Happy Demon
Character Name: Evgeny Alkaev
Race: Human
Race Perks: n/a
Weapons: A shovel, an axe, a blowtorch, a Luger P08, a flamethrower, three hydrogen cyanide gas grenades, and nine white phosphorous grenades.
Attire: Evgeny wears a black t-shirt, a grey turtleneck shirt, black and white sweater, green cargo pants, white socks, white jacket, red bandana, brown trenchcoat, grey scarfs, ski pants, wool socks, safety boots, face covering gas mask, backpack, fuel tank for flamethrower, gloves, steel helmet, and full body ballistics armor.
Inventory: Evgeny has in his backpack: 3 mask filters, a bedroll, a flashlight, 3 carpets, 2 full packs of batteries, a 50 foot rope with grappling hook, and a box of matches.
Perks: Very strong, knows some English, illegal armament, speaks fluent Russian, and high endurance.
Job: None
Description/Picture: Evgeny Alkaev is of average height, he's muscular, his skin is dotted with bruises, he has short brown hair, green eyes, and fair skin.
Personality: Behavior: Shy, naive, easily scared, and he's cautious.
Likes: Fortifications, buildings, snow, silence, and mild cold.
Dislikes: Solitude, ruins, noise, extreme cold, snowstorms, zombies, and danger.

Brief history: Evgeny Alkaev was but a child when the Pocalypse started, he lived in Moscow, which fared quite well against the zombies, mutants, plants, and robots, even the vampires were no match to the ressilience of Russia.
But then the sirens sounded the alarm, Nuclear Missiles was fired at them, and the Russia was bathed in nuclear fire. Few survived the bombing and they did so in underground bunkers.
Many years passed since then, every building and plant in russia destroyed, the soil irradiated so no plant can survive, the country is swept by both a nuclear winter and the unhindered winds from the Ural Mountains.
Somehow the remaining Russians stay alive, but the shelters are cramped and barely hold the warmth, they scavenge for fuel to help heat the shelters and keep the machinery working.
The surface is bleak and cold, nothing can stay alive for more than a minute without at least 3 layers of cloth, there never snows there except in snow storms, everything is brown, black, or white.

Evgeny grew up in this enviroment, his mother and father taught him everything, like how to fire a pistol, when to change mask filters, etc.
But Evgeny still has faint memories of better times, but memories will eventually fade, his parents fear this and consider going southeast, to Asia.
Maybe there the air will be warmer, maybe there their son will refresh his memory of a better time, the shelters are getting crammed, and there isn't enough food for everyone, there's no choice.
The 3 of them set out towards Asia, they find a car and get it running, it consumes a lot of fuel, but it quickens the journey, the car stops every now and then, so they'll have to go out and reheat it with flamethrowers.
But one time when the car stops it never starts up again and they continue on foot, until a snowstorm separates them, the noise and lack of visiblility is too much and Evgeny falls unconcious.

Other: Illegal amament: The White Pshosphorous grenades are considdered illegal due to their cruel effect, burning people alive.
The Hydrogen Cyanide grenades are also illegal due to their cruel effect, killing people slowly. Few people like or even tolerate the use of such weaponry.

I've played a bit too many Grimdark games lately.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 29 Oct 2012, 16:17

You're a RPG-aholic ^_^

I think it's time

Account Name: ZidaneRobbie

Character Name: Trokia Threesome

Race: Yep, another Emoneg :P

Race Perks: Mystery shrouds this character, not many know his abilities, Some say he has an arsenal of weaponary or that he can destroy people's minds, but those may be rumors

Weapons: Tri Pistol, Triple Plasmo Rifle, Triple split grenade...

Attire: Standard Emoneg armor, but it shows a bright yellow tinge. Also golden in fur colour. .

Job: Hunter (Has no friend of foe that is not Emoneg)

Description Troika is a unquie member of his race due to the fact, he is heavily influenced with the number three. Almost all of his preferred weapons have no more or less than 3 barrels. This was due to his heavy modification to his Emoneg weapons. This rather awkward character may bring in a twist. But also has no intention to return to Aiag, unlike Enadiz, as he prefers to hunt the zombies and other monsters for sport. Like other Emonegs, he still calls the zombies; Unclean.

Brief History:
His father was the leader's well trusted advisor. Troika grew up freely and learned the renegade way of modification and free fighting, so his melee moves are more savage and more grisly.

Other: Favourite Quotes: "3 plays a role in your life, you just don't know it's there"
I'm an inspired writer and wannabe artist. I excel in those trades yet I fall to a good RP with my OCs.
I like eating...and Joe.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 30 Oct 2012, 00:42

Uh, no, I can't accept that.

1. Race and personal perks have to be separate, but only physical perks need displaying in race perks (enhanced jumping, superior speed, vampirism, etc.).
2. No mystery perks, since I don't want you smuggling powers into the RP, like with Enadiz having knowledge in biology without having even mentioned it in the character sheet (which I wouldn't have allowed if I saw it).
3. (Optional) Include all categories, it's for ease of access, include the following categories: Gender, Perks, and Personality.

Besides those points it's actually quite good, the armament makes sense, well there's always the misplaced information (fur color goes in description, not attire).

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 30 Oct 2012, 03:27

I thought it might be creative and wacky, viewers might go "what the fuck is that!?"
I just felt like it, make it go having question marks all over him.

Well, ill revise it again.

Account Name: ZidaneRobbie

Character Name: Trokia Threesome

Race: Yep, another Emoneg :P

Race Perks: His crooked chemistry means he can turn 180 degrees to the rear. Which can catch out people sneaking up behind him. He has also semi-pisionic powers, crooking weak minds, but he cannot manipulate strong resistant ones who have learned to use such powers.

Appearnance (without armor) Troika looks like FF9's Zidane Tribal's trance mode. His fur is golden orange and his skin has a orangish tinge. He also has orange eyes in a more sinister look. His body is mostly covered in the fur and also his tail is split in a triangular set of three ends. Also a set of three glowing dots appear on his forehead, showing in a triangular form.

Weapons: Tri Pistol, Triple Plasmo Rifle, Triple split grenade, Triple rocket launcher

Attire: Standard Emoneg armor, but it shows a bright yellow tinge.

Job:
Hunter (Has no friend of foe that is not Emoneg)

Personality: Renegade; Troika speaks with a rough voice and has no interest in human politics, he has also a hatred towards vampires, referring them to as "disgusting shards of impunity". Plus his quantity of swearing is enough to make any figure in a religion cry. Probably due to his renegade personality.

Description:
Troika is a unquie member of his race due to the fact, he is heavily influenced with the number three. Almost all of his preferred weapons have no more or less than 3 barrels. This was due to his heavy modification to his Emoneg weapons. This rather awkward character may bring in a twist. But also has no intention to return to Aiag, unlike Enadiz, as he prefers to hunt the zombies and other monsters for sport. Like other Emonegs, he still calls the zombies; Unclean.

Brief History:
His father was the leader's well trusted advisor. Troika grew up freely and learned the renegade way of modification and free fighting, so his melee moves are more savage and more grisly.

Other:
Favourite Quotes: "3 plays a role in your life, you just don't know it's there", "I could turn you into bits, exactly three parts."
I like eating...and Joe.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 30 Oct 2012, 04:37

Ok, that character seems acceptable, just don't go nuking the planet or use that ship he might have arrived in.

Mystery isn't all that good in a free-form RP, I'll give an example.
Character A has mysterious markings on his back with alien meaning, but all that's stated is that character A has markings on his back, then under some strange circumstances character A is knocked unconcious.
Character A finds himself naked in a cell with character B in it, and character B just so happens to be an alien. That's where secrets really f***s things up.

Actually some things did go wrong in that other RP.
Not to mention that Mutated Saras (from another RP) I put in to corrupt Richard, and she infected him with mutant and alien blood, and since the alien has acidic blood, he'll eventually die.
Of course the blood doesn't get acidic imediately, it takes time, which was why his time was limited. Then you tempered with it, things go wrong fast.

Actually, the Creature wasn't originally going to be Slit, but I like her, so I put her in instead of that moth-girl I had planned (or more specifically, Leros, from the same RP as Saras was in).
There are a LOT of characters I've made through the times.

The main reason I'm so restrictive is to prevent another werewolf incident, since I hate the werewolf characters in Squizzel's RP, the male one was a Mary Sue, while the female was incompetent.
The werewolf incident was when a user created 2 werewolves, the male was someone who could demolish cities and heal any wound. The female however, she just destroyed things and caused trouble for the male.
Oh, and the user had some incidents, like the sexist stereotype in the colony, and the cold fusion synthesizing.
I'd recomend checking the original Pocalypse RP, if it wasn't for my insane amount of shenanigans, which included my characters walking around completely naked in the rain (I was silly back then).

ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 30 Oct 2012, 05:21

It's really hard for me to get a fixed nail on the boundaries of the 'sandbox' type. I know you can make and RP, pretty much, as you like but it's difficult to find where not to go over the lines.

It's is much but not too much.
I like eating...and Joe.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 30 Oct 2012, 05:41

The RP thread is up.

Yeah, there's 2 types of sandbox RPs, the absolute control ones, and the absolute freedom ones.

Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 31 Oct 2012, 02:11

Oh my, oh my, the clandestine agency RP is about to be remade *squee*, I love that RP.
I highly recomend you join Zidane-san, it's really fun once it gets going. It's a bit strategy heavy, but that's the appeal.

ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 31 Oct 2012, 07:47

Happy Demon wrote:Oh my, oh my, the clandestine agency RP is about to be remade *squee*, I love that RP.
I highly recomend you join Zidane-san, it's really fun once it gets going. It's a bit strategy heavy, but that's the appeal.

I'll have a look, besides I prefer the RTS type anyways, but I am not so sure.
I like eating...and Joe.

Return to “Roleplay Planning and Discussion”