Demonic Pocalypse RP Setup Thread

Plan and discuss RPs here!
Silverware
Site Admin

Re: Demonic Pocalypse RP Setup Thread

Postby Silverware » 02 Oct 2012, 10:03

A researcher would take a stun gun at most man.
Plasma weaponry if able to burn rotten flesh would burn ANY flesh, and to be able to make a stable plasma it has to be hot enough to melt rock anyways.
I would recommend doing a human, with human levels of technology. Mostly because it seems you don't grasp the idea of what godmodeing is.

Any kind of alien technology is likely going to be considered overpowered.
If you really want to go with an alien, then limitations like not being able to speak ANY human languages, being ill-adapted to earth atmosphere and gravity, not being able to tell the difference between a human and zombie. You should also apply something major that limits their power, such as crash-landed, and cannot repair their craft. At best life-support is still functioning but nothing else is.

This is a recommendation and it is all up to Happy Demon whether or not he accepts your character.
Also posting into a roleplay without the express permission of the Game Master is incredibly bad form. Many of the roleplays on the forums do allow for anyone to post, but this is specifically stated in the first post. Always read the rules the Game Master has set, and read them fully. If you don't understand them, ask them via PM or an out of Roleplay topic like this one.

This does NOT come from me as an administrator, but rather as a player and a Game Master of previous games.
This post does NOT necessarily reflect the views of any other person, living or dead.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 02 Oct 2012, 15:36

Eh, Silverware-san, don't be so harsh on the guy, I think he merely wants a character that's on Bernie's (I'm not going to say which) level of power.

While on topic, I'll point out things to you Zidane-san.
With knowledge of how to handle human firearms, what's the point of bringing that high-tech weapons? Wouldn't the humans be able to find out how the weapons work? Which'll make them a potential threat to you.
In this RP I'd let you get through with Plasma Grenades and a Laser Pistol (I'm sure you could think of ways to use them for great effect).
Also, that armor, too powerful, remove one of the perks (shield, armor, or flexibility) and it'll be acceptable.
Do that and your character will be much more likely to be accepted.

Think of it this way, if you have the best tech imaginable you'll just shoot and kill, but if you don't...
If you don't, you can let your imagination go wild, you can have your character improvise, use tools and weapons in clever ways (improvised flamethrowers, makeshift bombs, traps, etc.).
It's kinda fun to think about, all the possibilities. I kinda want to do it myself, actually I did with the needles in the floor.
The thing is, inginuity comes from necessity, when your character isn't all that powerful it'll have to get creative. You can get powerful without having to use a single powerful weapon.

So you'll have to nerf your character further if you want in, but once you're in you can go nuts (but no alien rocket launchers or plasma weapons, the line has to be drawn somewhere).
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 02 Oct 2012, 18:02

Silverware wrote:A researcher would take a stun gun at most man.
Plasma weaponry if able to burn rotten flesh would burn ANY flesh, and to be able to make a stable plasma it has to be hot enough to melt rock anyways.
I would recommend doing a human, with human levels of technology. Mostly because it seems you don't grasp the idea of what godmodeing is.

Any kind of alien technology is likely going to be considered overpowered.
If you really want to go with an alien, then limitations like not being able to speak ANY human languages, being ill-adapted to earth atmosphere and gravity, not being able to tell the difference between a human and zombie. You should also apply something major that limits their power, such as crash-landed, and cannot repair their craft. At best life-support is still functioning but nothing else is.

This is a recommendation and it is all up to Happy Demon whether or not he accepts your character.
Also posting into a roleplay without the express permission of the Game Master is incredibly bad form. Many of the roleplays on the forums do allow for anyone to post, but this is specifically stated in the first post. Always read the rules the Game Master has set, and read them fully. If you don't understand them, ask them via PM or an out of Roleplay topic like this one.

This does NOT come from me as an administrator, but rather as a player and a Game Master of previous games.
This post does NOT necessarily reflect the views of any other person, living or dead.

Don't refer to all the aliens as immensly powerful, such include, in perfect dark that the Maians are not really powerful and are actually defending their existance with their enemy, the Skedar.

Like I said, im no stranger to RP. Done one on another forum and the game master there was less strict than you and was really helpful and made it real clear for me.

Also, some of your posts can really get confusing and all nonsense to me. Plain English?
I'm an inspired writer and wannabe artist. I excel in those trades yet I fall to a good RP with my OCs.
I like eating...and Joe.
Been a fan since...uhhh...2006? I canni mind '-'
ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 02 Oct 2012, 18:16

Happy Demon wrote:Eh, Silverware-san, don't be so harsh on the guy, I think he merely wants a character that's on Bernie's (I'm not going to say which) level of power.

While on topic, I'll point out things to you Zidane-san.
With knowledge of how to handle human firearms, what's the point of bringing that high-tech weapons? Wouldn't the humans be able to find out how the weapons work? Which'll make them a potential threat to you.
In this RP I'd let you get through with Plasma Grenades and a Laser Pistol (I'm sure you could think of ways to use them for great effect).
Also, that armor, too powerful, remove one of the perks (shield, armor, or flexibility) and it'll be acceptable.
Do that and your character will be much more likely to be accepted.

Think of it this way, if you have the best tech imaginable you'll just shoot and kill, but if you don't...
If you don't, you can let your imagination go wild, you can have your character improvise, use tools and weapons in clever ways (improvised flamethrowers, makeshift bombs, traps, etc.).
It's kinda fun to think about, all the possibilities. I kinda want to do it myself, actually I did with the needles in the floor.
The thing is, inginuity comes from necessity, when your character isn't all that powerful it'll have to get creative. You can get powerful without having to use a single powerful weapon.

So you'll have to nerf your character further if you want in, but once you're in you can go nuts (but no alien rocket launchers or plasma weapons, the line has to be drawn somewhere).

I've dropped some overpowered stuff and tuned down the character.

• His weapons were lost on a previous trip but has learned some experience with the native's firearms.
  • "Plas-Rifle" tuned down = doesn't dissolve rotten flesh and therefore is now as a strong as a ballistic firearm, the differ only is the heat based round and it's appearence.
  • Homing Launcher is now more rarer and therefore much harder to find. Some creatures may now be able to survive such attacks. So power < accuracy.
  • Despite the fact he has agility and light shieldind but that dosen't add to the fact he is powerful in terms of strength, his agility is offset by lower strength and shield is only light, can't put up with anything that is non-sidearm.
  • He is experienced in handling human weapons but not all, such as complex weapons and suits.
  • Despite being a alien, they have learned Earth's basic stats such as atmosphere, ocean compounds, soil and other geographical interests. Enadiz is needed to fully understand the whole human habits, culture and other features of the humans.

also replaced last entry with proper one.
I'm an inspired writer and wannabe artist. I excel in those trades yet I fall to a good RP with my OCs.
I like eating...and Joe.
Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Silverware » 02 Oct 2012, 19:09

Heh, sorry. I try to use my english to it's fullest and often my thoughts are not entirely coherent.
Also I am sorry that post came off a lot angrier than I was intending it to be.

Basic knowledge of earth would be easily possible, I agree there.
And you might as well just make it a laser weapon, or a magnetically accelerated slug. Either one would be a lot easier to tune damage wise without breaking physics too much. Although this is just me linking to stick to physics as much as possible.

Although I do not understand why a culture would continue research on something that was non-military if they were under assault. But then I suppose biological studies continued during WW1 and WW2, perhaps he is looking into the zombie virus as a weapon against his species enemies?

Anyway ultimately I want to say that my post previously was much much harsher than I intended it to be.
Also I am totally going to find a goat and have that as a pet!
ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 02 Oct 2012, 19:23

Silverware wrote:Heh, sorry. I try to use my english to it's fullest and often my thoughts are not entirely coherent.
Also I am sorry that post came off a lot angrier than I was intending it to be.

Basic knowledge of earth would be easily possible, I agree there.
And you might as well just make it a laser weapon, or a magnetically accelerated slug. Either one would be a lot easier to tune damage wise without breaking physics too much. Although this is just me linking to stick to physics as much as possible.

Although I do not understand why a culture would continue research on something that was non-military if they were under assault. But then I suppose biological studies continued during WW1 and WW2, perhaps he is looking into the zombie virus as a weapon against his species enemies?

Anyway ultimately I want to say that my post previously was much much harsher than I intended it to be.
Also I am totally going to find a goat and have that as a pet!

You certainly acted like one, but at least u admitted it.

Let's say they have a truce when his race wanted to learn much about their universe. They might even help the humans in some way. "plasma based human soldiers anyone? :P"

All I wanted was a defensive race which had enough of war and wanted to learn stuff rather than fight.

Mind, that plasma is most traditionally the aliens' ammunition. It is their "bullet" to be put in english.

Speaking of which, mind to do the same too in the future or my less aggressive tone might take your job lol! :P
I like eating...and Joe.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 02 Oct 2012, 21:56

Ok, I accept the character, have fun in the RP.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 02 Oct 2012, 22:53

i've already done my thing now.
I like eating...and Joe.

Return to “Roleplay Planning and Discussion”