Machine RP Interest Check

Plan and discuss RPs here!
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Machine RP Interest Check

Postby Happy Demon » 23 Sep 2012, 17:52

Okay, I need to do something, so I've decided to try and make another RP, this time it's a Science Fiction, now on another world (so I have much more freedom).

Anyway, there's going to be some differences, most notably could be the inclusion of AI factions, which you can choose to control.
But, it's going to be several AI factions, you can decide how they're programmed (if they attack Humans, manipulate them, help them, etc.), the Robot design, etc.

You could always choose to be the Humans if you want, which I'm kinda hoping some of you do if I set up this RP.
But no controllable Alien races, they're more trouble than they're worth.

So who's interested, and if so, what kind of system, the Group Control (like Valley of the Dead) or the Character Control (like D&D)?
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Re: Machine RP Interest Check

Postby Eldaran » 24 Sep 2012, 04:34

science fiction sounds not bad. and D&D control also sounds very good.

I think recently we had enough group controled games...

(but am i not already doing something like this????)
The only thing Nobody can give back to you is time. Dont waste it on everyone.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Re: Machine RP Interest Check

Postby Happy Demon » 24 Sep 2012, 13:17

I assume you refering to the Technomancer RP Mortenkam is doing, but I'm making it somewhat different to that, actually it's going to be very different.
I don't mean to insult Mortenkam's RP or anything like that, it looks pretty good (I've only read upto page 10, so I'm not completely up to date), but my RP is going to be different.

Also, the 2 modes will be different in timeline.

The Group Control (each player controls a group of people) RP will take place in the construction phase, where people are trying to create a structure called "The Reactor".

The Character Control (each player controls their own character) RP will take place after the construction phase, where "The Reactor" has already ben made, towns dot the landscape, and strange creatures are starting to appear.

Also, more information on "The Reactor", but first the planet.
The world where this takes place is a strange one indeed, it's core is some kind of pseudo-star, which remarkably isn't swalowing the planet.
The planet's rock is heat insulating, so despite the core's temperature, the surface is frozen.There are 4 levels, the 1st which is closest to the core which is a landscape which is so hot it'll boil you alive if you're not wearing proper gear.
The 2nd level is a strange jungle which is around the 1st level. The 3rd level is the natural world surface, a frozen wasteland wich is being shielded from the sun the planet is orbiting thanks to the 4th level.
The 4th level is a sphere surounding the planet, made in order to cool down the surface and make it an ideal place for cooling down overheated parts, it also has heat displacers, to make it even colder on the 3rd level.

Now "The Reactor" is made to utilize the planet's core for energy production, upon completion it's going to make an insane amount of energy.
But some want "The Reactor" for themselves, and would even want to destroy it in order to make their own.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!

Return to “Roleplay Planning and Discussion”