Creature Control (Setup)

Plan and discuss RPs here!
Squizzel
Colony Council

Creature Control (Setup)

Postby Squizzel » 22 May 2011, 20:48

You awake to find yourself in an old, tipped up room. There's the smell of rot and mold, but that dosn't matter. You suddenly relise you feel.. Smarter, for what you are. You have more sence, you're more aleart...

Derp, didn't really know how to start this. Anyway, in this RP, you're a mutant in a pack, and your goal is to thrive. And kill.

Stats
Your stats are as followd:

Name: Not needed, but it's nice to have.
Appearance: Again, not realy needed, but someone might want it.
HP: Pretty basic. This reaches 0, you ain't alive (1pt = 10HP) (You start with 1pt here (so 10HP)) Regainged by sleeping.
St: How much energy you have. This reaches 0, you start taking HP damage. (1pt = 5St) You start with 1pt here (so 5St) Regained by eating.
MP: Mutation points. Used to get upgrades. (Can't put stat points into this... That'd just be silly :/ ). Gained when I tell you.
Attack: How much basic damage you do. Can also be needed for strengh checks.
Defense: Reduses damage. Duh!
Alertness: More points here will allow you to spot things better, hear oppents moving, and allow you to react faster to some things.
Intelligence: How smart you are. Needed to make stuff, and operate stuff. Needed for alot of skills, and ranged weapons.
Speed: How fast you are. Can give you damage bounses when charging stuff. Can also be a bad thing, if you need to stop
Charm: Thought I'd add it in for the sake of it. If this is too low, you can make things worse. Person with the highest charm is pack leader (Bascily, NPC's will follow what the leader dose, and take his orders better than from someone else.)

You start with 27 stat points.

There's also Gear. Gear's made up from scrap, or picked up. It can take degrade, so keep an eye on these.
Info: This discribes what your Gear is.
Defense: Again, reduses damage.
Attack: Addional damage
Ranged attack: Genrally not effected by other stats, but this is for if you have a gun or something. You need 1pt in intelligence to use a new level ranged weapon. (eg. 3 intelligence will allow you to use ranged attack 3)

You start with 5 scrap points which you can spend stright away.

MP can be spent on mutations. Mutations can give you extra stat points, or new attacks. They break down into three types:
Private: Only you know about them. (Can be made public for free, and I'll PM you what they are.)
Public: Anyone can use these
Pack: Effects everyone, including other PC. These will rarely be anything other than stat points.
Scrap works like MP, but some will require intelligance to use.

Enemys
These fall into a few set groups.
Small animals - These are just rats and such. Can bear illness.
Medium animals - Cats, dogs, large birds, etc.
Large animals - Moose, Large dogs, etc. These will propally feed a few people in a pack if you take one of these down.
Infected - Zombies. Can bear illness. Genrally don't have much food on them, as most of it is too rotted to eat. Genrally won't attack unless agrivated (ie. Poked)
Robots - No food, high defense (and gerally attack), drop lots of scrap points.
Other mutants - High in MP's, they'll often fight you for simalar things. These can also be dead pack members... There food, and have everthing you need.
Humans - Genrally smarter, armed better, but pretty squishy. Good if you really want some nice gear, or a decent amount of MP.
Other horrors - Plant monsters, Vampires, Werewolves, Humans in power suits, And anything else I feel would work well in the setting. ^-^

I do ask you to keep a track of your stats, but I'll tell you updates on HP, St, MP and Scrap. Anything else... No, not really. Save from my example:

Name: Squizzel
Appearance: Average for a mutant, save for blue eyes, and a fluffy, squirrel like tail. (I had to do this Somewhere :/ )
HP: 40 (3pts)
St: 15 (2pts)
MP: 0
Attack: 3
Defense: 2
Alertness: 2
Intelligence: 3
Speed: 4
Charm: 6

Gear
Info: A large metal spike, that covers his arm and doubles up as a sheild. Held on by belts. (Simalar to the one Hunter's in Halo have).
Defense: 3
Attack: 4
Ranged attack: 0
Scrap: 0

Yes, I am trying to go for leader. I don't mind if I'm not, I'd just like to be it ^-^

Pack members: 3
Name: Not needed, but it's nice to have.
Apperance: Again, not realy needed, but someone might want it.
HP: 20
Alertness: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 2
Charm: 0

Gear
Attack: 1

(They don't gain mutation points, and are always assumed to eat before they starve.)
Last edited by Squizzel on 29 May 2011, 23:18, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Sair is now locked :3 I like her how she is ^^
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Re: Creature Control (Setup)

Postby Kevak » 23 May 2011, 01:02

Name: Teel
Appearance: Average sized mutant, slightly darker colored then most, purplish eyes, has a fuzzy tail that could resemble a wolf's if you squint really hard after drinking a few gallons of rubbing alcohol.
HP: 42 (5p)
St: 25 (5p)
MP: 7 (+MP when eating)
Alertness: 4 (+2 when balancing)
Speed: 4
Charm: 3

Skills
Skill: 0

Gear
Info: plate of metal on neck and partly on upper chest, medium sized metal bracers on right and left hand knuckles, old slightly degraded crossbow attached to left forearm (he found it a while ago and has been reusing the bolts he found with it, along with sometimes managing to make a new one when one gets lost or breaks, so he currently has 7 bolts)
Defense: 4
Ranged attack: 3

I decided to make a info spot for Gear, makes a bit more sense then shoving it in with appearance, and spellcheck for you:

defense, appearance, alert, doesn't, realize, sense, reduces, opponents, a lot, does, private, medium, generally, moose (moose is singular and plural), decent, and I'm pretty sure I saw a grammar error in there when reading it, but i'm too lazy to go back and check.

Edit: added the points in HP and ST
Edit2: changed stats from mutations
Edit3: added skill part
Last edited by Kevak on 28 May 2011, 05:40, edited 6 times in total.
Woof.
Squizzel
Colony Council

Postby Squizzel » 23 May 2011, 03:17

Accepted. Yer, the gear info dose make more sence... Oh, And I've changed some of the mistakes (couldn't find all of them >.< )

Oh, you have two more points to spend. You gain a free point in HP and St.
ImageImageImageImage
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 23 May 2011, 06:15

((I'll join, if it's okay.))

Name: Slit
Appearance: Normal height, Thinner frame, paws instead of feet.
HP: 20 (1pts)
Attack: 8
Defense: 0
Alertness: 8
Intelligence: 0
Speed: 8

Gear
Info: Has a very sharp sword, mutant named after sound sword make when it meets a human.
Attack: 6

edit: added the attack gear squizzel gave me.
Last edited by Happy Demon on 29 May 2011, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
The Ghost
Night Stalker

Postby The Ghost » 23 May 2011, 07:00

Room for one more?

Code: Select all

Name: Dr. Dorine Dimorphism (Aka: 3D, Dim, D-Girl, Doc.)
Appearance: Doc is about 6'6" somewhere on the heavy side of 250 and hirsute, covered in thick curly black hair from head to foot making her look a bit like a sheep. Her eyes are slitted like a serpents and a disturbing shade of orange. She wears a long formerly white lab coat with a fully expended rad counter on the left shoulder and an name tag on the right breast pocket that seems to have been bitten through by something leaving behind only "Dr. Di\" and the magnetic stripe. She is frighteningly intelligent for a mutant, but physically week despite her freakish size.
HP: 20 (1pts)
Attack: 2
Alertness: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Charm: 3

Gear
Description: Dim carries a repeating crossbow that she salvaged from a museum and a gigantic butchers knife that she took out of a deli. Her only protection is the rubberized lab coat that she wears. She also lugs around a backpack with a few books and some cans of fairly questionable food.
Defense: 1 (Lab coat)
Attack: 1 (Giant Kitchen Knife.)
Ranged attack: [i]3 Repeating Crossbow[/i](Given to the kid.)  [b]? 'Dagger' 22 Caliber Pistol[/b] (Gift from Slit)

Back story:
Dr. Dimorphism (not her real name) was an adult deliberately infected in a controlled setting, but weelll, when you pull that with 100 people, and 10 live*, what are the chances that all 10 of them are going to stay sane? (Or even half.)
* (Actually half lived due to special treatments received in advance, and good medical care while the change took place.)

Some of the other survivors went psycho (Or already were, not everyone volunteered for this.) and killed most everyone, but she managed to escape in the confusion. A few weeks later she hooked up with our merry band of cannibals. Her memories are fragmentary from before the change but she does remember that she was a junior fellow on the lab team, and a good bit of her medical training.

Code: Select all

Name: Alexis Birchward (AKA: 'The Kid')
Appearance: Alex is covered in pale wool and has ice blue eyes that are slitted like a cat's. The hair on her head flows in long rasta like golden tresses. She is quite intelligent for a young mutant, and inhumanly tough for someone her size and age. She is 13 years old.
HP: 30 (2pts)
St: 5 (0pts)
Attack: 1
Alertness: 2
Speed: 1
Charm: 1

Items: [b]3 Repeating Crossbow[/b](Gift from her 'mother')
(None)
Last edited by The Ghost on 30 May 2011, 02:26, edited 2 times in total.
For the Emperor!
Squizzel
Colony Council

Postby Squizzel » 24 May 2011, 03:49

Accepted ^-^ Sounds like a lab exsperament gone wrong.. Anyway, I shall get the first post started now! ((Btw, I'll run this abit like more spore game. Once everyone's posted for there character, or it's been 3 days, I'll update.))
ImageImageImageImage
The Ghost
Night Stalker

Postby The Ghost » 27 May 2011, 12:05

There is a change to the rules, based on a suggestion I made to the GM: We now have a third measured advancement track, Skills, these are the rules for them.

To gain skill points: Roll one die equal to intelligence per hour spent on reading or training skills, you gain that many skill points.

To buy a skill you need to spend the points and practice the skill at least once.

Intelligence, charm, and alertness can be raised with skill points, and at GM discretion so can attack and defense (Martial arts training), but others cannot.

Most skills confer non stat abilities, like picking locks or field medicine or not being spotted readily, etc.

Mutations and skills generally work in a synergistic way, but separately, like lock picking and padded feet, its no use to pick a lock silently if they heard you come stomping up to the door.

To substitute for INT requirement on weapons you can purchase 'proficiency' in that weapon, meaning you know how to use/maintain it.

There are 'general' and 'specific' proficiencies, like "Proficiency: Assault Rifles" vs "Proficiency: AK-47" or "Proficiency: Blades" vs "Proficiency: Katana".

General proficiency mean you can use any weapon of that type, but not unjam, repair, maintain, or perhaps even reload that weapon.

It also makes buying specific proficiencies of that type cheaper. (But still more expensive total than buying each of them individually, unless you buy a lot of them.)

We are all assumed to get specific proficiency with our existing weapons and general proficiency with "Blunt Instruments", because we are at least sort of human and well, clubbing things over the head with a stick is what we DO.

As you can see this more or less divides the mutants into two broad categories, the ones that focus on mutation advances and those that go for skills, but of course with patience and foresight you can stand with a foot on each shore.
For the Emperor!
Irish Psycho
Zombie Hunter
Location: in that place where stuff happensand and that thing is

Postby Irish Psycho » 29 May 2011, 09:35

Name: Scraps
Appearance: Green skinned, has a larger lower gaw, larger fanges
HP: 20
St: 15
Attack: 2
Alertness: 5
Intelligence: 12
Speed: 2

Gear
info:wears a Robocop style helmet he made. carries a bag on his back full of different tools, duct tape, and sharp objects. has a large (industrial style) chain wrapped around chest (bandolier style), has large metal ball on end that can be swung or thrown.
Defence:1
Ranged weapon:1
info: is actually pretty stupid when talking. seems to get easily distracted by screens and lights. is mainly good figuring out how things fit together. likes to hold on to anything shiny.

((sorry about that, thought you meant we had 5 points to spend on upgrades))
Last edited by Irish Psycho on 30 May 2011, 02:00, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not insane, i'm only semi-sane.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 29 May 2011, 14:36

You only get 5 gear points.

And to make things easier, only one defense gear power value, one ranged weapon power value, and one melee weapon power value. Not 2 ranged weapon power values and 3 melee weapon power values.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
Squizzel
Colony Council

Postby Squizzel » 29 May 2011, 22:27

I can't accept till you nerf your gear down to 5 points.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Roleplay Planning and Discussion”