Starlight Village: RV & Pope Show

Plan and discuss RPs here!
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Re: "Starlight Village": RV & Pope Show (Game Planing Thread

Postby Kevak » 07 May 2011, 12:08

Will get to that description as soon as i go eat, and I have a diplomacy skill of 0, which means normal convincing will not work at all, and does anyone actually live in the house? Cause if not, I'm taking it even if they don't want me to, since they obviously don't need it seeing as its unused. (ooc: though come to think of it, we could just turn it into a no social skills house for player characters/npc's with 0 diplomacy, it is a medium sized building isn't it? and we could expand to the island if it gets too full.

edit: Yup, ill get around to a description as soon as I finish reading a book I just got, only a few thousand pages left, wont take more then a hour or two seeing as i went through twenty thousand pages today (I'm a really frigging fast reader).
Woof.
The Ghost
Night Stalker

Postby The Ghost » 07 May 2011, 13:53

Actually the buildings with docks were the first taken, because in the event the village is overrun they can head to the island to make a final stand, cause you know zombies cant swim worth **** and all. Survivors got all kinds of fallback plans, they have seen the beginning of the Pocalypse first hand, they know how fast things can go from "Target Rich Environment" to "Untenable Situation". But it would make sense to put all the super abrasive people in one building on the theory that it will ether tech them manners or they will take each other out of everyone else's misery. Let me look at the map again...

Ok, you see the house above the three way intersection north of the town center? That is where you will be lodging. Its really run down, but you can take some time and effort to fix the place. (And by really run down I mean like the house in Fight Club, the one that we never find out if they own it or are squatters. As a matter of fact, I am declaring that it has the same floor plan and everything, you are living in the house from Fight Club.*)
*(Bad writers borrow, Good writers steal.)

Something else I never mentioned but it might be important to RP: You see that one house on the other side of the road from that house? The only one on that side of the road? That is Old Man Wakefield's place. You go there, I cannot be held responsible for what happens to you. (Only people that can go over there safely are Bob and the Mayor, and they know to bring booze and never approach after dark or anytime before 10 in the morning. Wakefield is NOT a morning person, and he has a personal armory that would make the people at Waco blanch.*)
*(OK, that is a gross exaggeration, but he does have four different gun safes in his house, all of which have a selection of guns in them, or so the mayor has said. There are also persistent rumors that he has a stash of homemade grenades and a working WW 2 army surplus flamethrower, but that is one of those "his legend grows with each retelling" things... We hope.)
For the Emperor!
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 07 May 2011, 15:34

I was actually going for a character everybody wants dead, but won't kill him because he's too useful at the moment.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
Squizzel
Colony Council

Postby Squizzel » 07 May 2011, 16:55

Edited my character alittle (now I'm awake), so it makes more sence. Also, would we be able to get a second character, as a sort of child. They'd have compleatly blank stats, and as we gained more points, we could add it to the child as our character teachs them. Just an idea.

Hmm, would it also be ok if my character stayed in the Libary, even if he's not ment to. Like, he plans and builds stuff there, to help defend the village, then fall asleep, wake up, and get back to planning.
ImageImageImageImage
Sair is now locked :3 I like her how she is ^^
The Ghost
Night Stalker

Postby The Ghost » 08 May 2011, 02:28

You can have the 'apprentice' type character if you want, but not a compleetly blank one: Here are the base stats for anyone who wants one of these apprentices.

HP: 1
Atk: 0/1 (Stout stick)
Def: 0/0 (T-shirt and shorts.)
Spd: 2 (Average runner)
Tech: 1 (Can use a basic computer.)
Infra: 0 (They're kids, they don't know infrastructure from a hole in the ground, and in many cases think it is the same thing.*)
Diplomacy: 3 (Typical child: a pest and constant bother, but just SOOO cute that its hard to stay mad at them. You can drop this by as much as two for a real brat, and get spare points elsewhere. No you cant have a kid with diplomacy 0, our natural instincts give kids the benefit of the doubt, when the kid 'grows up' they will lose one point from diplomacy since people stop cutting them slack.)

You get three points to customize the character, and can only put one point into each area. Until the character 'grows up' they kind of mooch XP of you, you chose which of you gains skills, dividing your advancement rate. You must spend at least a third of your experience on each character.

*(They are in fact right about that to a degree, but it has to be the right kind of hole for the job.)
Last edited by The Ghost on 08 May 2011, 04:55, edited 2 times in total.
For the Emperor!
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 08 May 2011, 02:38

Do we have to make the sprite for the kid, there isn't any guide for it.

And wouldn't the kid's personality be heavily affected if they're raised by a person of the opposite gender?

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

The Ghost
Night Stalker

Postby The Ghost » 08 May 2011, 03:10

As someone who was, and knowing a lot of people who had a diverse range of living situations as children I can say with veracity; somewhat, but not as much as you might think. The personality and especially behavior of the parents has a more profound effect than trivialities like 'race' or gender.

In response to the other question: it would be nice if you tried making a sprite for the kid, but it isn't required. (I will give it a try with my character's acolytes but I am doubtful about my ability to pull it off. If I make it work I will publish templates for everyone else.)
For the Emperor!
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 08 May 2011, 04:08

Well maybe i should make one... or maybe i will make one.
And i guess you will have to fill in gender (seeing as is isn't any sprite to indicate it for us, unless we make one).
Oh and while I'm at it, 'their' is when someone owns something while 'they're' is short for 'they' and 'are'.

Name: Lucy (can't remember real name)

Appearance: Brown shoulder length hair, normal skin tone, white t-shirt with leather jacket on top, blue pants,
sunglasses (only uses them when it's sunny, or when she does one-liners.), black shoes.

Stats:
HP: 2
Atk: 0/1 (Club.)
Def: 0/1 (Leather Jacket.)
Spd: 3
Tech: 1 (DERP.)
Infra: 0 (DERP.)
Diplomacy: 3 (Somehow Jack likes this.)

Bond (how they met the mentor and/or how their relationship is): Jack saved her from an orphanage when the Pocalypse struck.
She's the only one that likes Jack and often finds herself defending him if he get's in trouble with the 'higher ups' of the village.

Squizzel
Colony Council

Postby Squizzel » 08 May 2011, 04:20

Oh, I'll make a blank up for the kid, and add that to my sprite shop stuff. You wouldn't need to do much more editing to it then a normal sprite, but I'll do a guide if you really want one. Also, I've just relised my character dosn't Have a name... Derp >.<

Oh, seeing as I asked for the apprentice, I'll have one ^-^

Name: Megan
HP: 1
Atk: 1/0 (started being taught to defend herself from some of the nicer people)
Def: 0/0 (T-shirt and shorts.)
Spd: 2 (Average runner)
Tech: 0 (Can bearly open a can of beans.)
Infra: 1 (Makes model planes)
Diplomacy: 3

A kid Jason picked up heading to the village. He shows her how to make simple models out of sticks, string, and whatever else is to hand.
Last edited by Squizzel on 08 May 2011, 05:34, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Sair is now locked :3 I like her how she is ^^
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 08 May 2011, 05:30

Woah... you're very active Squizzel.

Return to “Roleplay Planning and Discussion”