Demonic RP 0001

For all your roleplaying needs!
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Demonic RP 0001

Postby Happy Demon » 28 Mar 2013, 03:34

Okay, not quite in the mood for Demonic Group Control RP yet, so I'll do something a bit simpler.

I'm going to do a simple RP which goes on collective vote (you request/suggest for something to be done, and depending on how many request/suggest what, it will be done), and it's not going to be about a single person.
So it's going to be about a group of people, and you're going to decide what they do (for better or for worse).
So let's begin.

There's a group of 6 people here, they've been traveling a few days after having left their village, and said village wasn't doing very well, that's why they left.
First there was a massacre by the king's army, then a plague killed most of the people that were left, and finally came an army of undead creatures, the group left the village after that.

The group decided to stop here.
They brought with them some food with them, some shovels, an axe (not shown), some firewood (it's the cylinder wrapped in cloth, next to the barrel), a bunch of sticks, and a big roll of cloth.
There's a river with fish in nearby, there's a forest nearby, and across the river is a rocky landscape.

Okay, the food should last some time, it should last long enough for you to get some food gathering up and going.
The drawing is low quality, but it's my first time drawing that style and it only took me some hours (I started drawing it yesterday).

To participate you just suggest how many people to send to do what.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Re: Demonic RP 0001

Postby Eldaran » 28 Mar 2013, 13:10

Wow, it looks really good. I like this style.

Ok, i say we send two guys to cut 1-2 trees to the west(takes some time to cut a tree) and try to gather long sticks, Firewood, and spear worthy material,
Keep two guys to build a tent (with the cloth and the sticks)
And send two guys to the north to see what is there (Maybe they'll find something nice to bring home)
The only thing Nobody can give back to you is time. Dont waste it on everyone.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 28 Mar 2013, 13:57

Ah, silly me, I didn't give you the compas directions, ok, for simplicity, up is north, down is south, right is east and left is west, since I wont bother tilting it 45 degrees.

I'll make the update later since I did post the first post in the night, I think 21:00 (9:00 pm) CET (GMT+1) should do fine.

The first drawing should be the most time-consuming one (I had to make a lot of drawing methods, like the 3 shades of green for the trees and the blue-green shadow), so I should be able to do the next update quite fast.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 29 Mar 2013, 05:13

To the north is a pond, animals gather there, it's a good place to hunt.
A tent was made and wood was cut.

Ok, if you want spears made, just set people to do so, you got enough wood to do it with.

Yeah I got a bit lazy here, I tried making another picture of the pond, but I ditched it (it also led to this one being kinda rushed).

Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Postby Eldaran » 29 Mar 2013, 14:26

Really, i wish i could draw like that..

2 people cut 6 trees west of the tent ( i don't want to have any tree there, though cutting 6 trees make takes time)
2 people build Spears for everyone (3 for everyone, 1 human long spear and 2 shorter but bit heavier to throw)
2 people can try their fishing skills.

If some finish their task early, send them to the south.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 29 Mar 2013, 14:57

Well it's not all that hard once you got a draw-pad (and draw-pad driver software installed) and a drawing program (and know how to use it), it's just a bit time-consuming, that's the difficult part.
By drawing program I'm refering to programs like GIMP 2 (I haven't tried any other programs, also, GIMP 2 is free).
I guess you could use a mouse, but I just skipped over to a Wacom Bamboo draw & touch pad. The draw & touch pad is bigger than the draw pad, but they should behave the same when drawing.

The time-consuming part is the layers, I started with a Layout layer where I set basic locations, then went to make separate sketch layers for ground, trees, rocks, items, and people.
Then I went for linework on each, where I made monochrome pictures, then for the ground, trees, and items I made color vesions, then finally I made a shadow layer for the ground where I put blue-green shadows.
Also, the shadow layer for the ground was between the ground color and the rock sketch layers, so in order to make shadows for the rocks I made a shadow layer for the rocks.

Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Postby Eldaran » 29 Mar 2013, 18:27

I tried drawing once, maybe i will upload some of my "sketches" but i noticed that i don't really have the patients for that.
My mom and my sister are very good, i didn't get their talent.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 29 Mar 2013, 19:26

There are several things I had to learn in order to even get the first picture finished.

1. Crude Layout - When I make a Layout, I try to include very crude images which only states size and location, but even that is difficult, since I often include too much, and then the next few images are even cruder so it ends up wasting the time and motivation it took to do those details.
2. Crudely Detailed Sketches - When I make a sketch, I need some quality, while the layout may simply say that the blob is where the trees go, in the sketch layer I had to draw every tree's location and size, while keeping it simple.
3. Patience and Restraint - The coloring, that was time-consuming, I drew every tree, then I added some shadow and reflection to every one of them, this nearly ended me because of how ridiculous it was, just look at every tree I drew, and even then I didn't add a shadow layer for each of their shadow which hit each other, I had to restrain myself. Also, if something is behind something which may be removed later, don't draw it if it's in the sketches, draw it when you need to.
4. Layers are Your Friend - I thought of making the shadows layer part of the color layer, and I'm happy I didn't, since if I had done that I'd have to struggle with removing the trees.
5. Artistic Liberty - Not everything needs to be perfect, you don't need to add bushes everywhere, that obscures the people and items, and makes erasing things a pain in the a**, also terrain patches can go die in a fire since I'm not drawing that unless it's significant. People can be black silouettes, since they're so small here, and shovels can be that large since I wont bother changing them.

That's 5 of the things I had to learn in order to get the pictures done.
It's not all about patience, laziness can be part of the drawing progress, since it makes you come up with easy and quick ways of doing something.
Actually the most useful thing you can do is to make something which utilizes your drawing skill, since after drawing for a while something's bound to improve.

Also a very important thing is: Return to your work - You'll most probably get tired after a while and exit the program in order to do sometihng else, I did that 3 times with the first picture here, so it's very important to return to it after a while. The sense of acomplishment is one of the best motivations you can get.

Squizzel
Colony Council

Postby Squizzel » 29 Mar 2013, 20:38

I agree wih Eldaran, and drawing takes pratice (really need to do more)
Also, never do a drawing in one sitting, most artists Will go on breaks so they don't get fed up and sloppy
ImageImageImageImage
Sair is now locked :3 I like her how she is ^^
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 30 Mar 2013, 06:05

6 trees were cut down, fish were caught, and wooden spears made (all wood, no spearheads).

The fish is raw by the way.

Return to “Forum Roleplaying”