Tabula Rasa

For all your roleplaying needs!
Merostomata
Vampire Slayer

Re: Tabula Rasa

Postby Merostomata » 18 Jun 2012, 19:26

Okay, I'm back from the trip! Anyway, I'm putting the results down as burying our people outside of the caverns and expanding to fill those.

---

Though many were afraid, the conditions of the cavern were simply unacceptable to many, and they began to make the trek to the upper reaches of the cavern. Though the way was somewhat treacherous, they were much more accustomed to the low light conditions and the slippery stone underfoot than their ancestors had been, so many were suprised to find that the way was much less dangerous than the ancient stories had seemed to indicated. They left the uppermost reaches of where the people had ever gone for the burial of the dead, and found themselves encountering a strange phenomena. Over one of the streams that fed into the lake below was an incredible pillar of light, the intensity of which caused them to blink on site. Accustomed to only the dimmest of glows from the roof above them in the cavern that was now below them, they were astonished by the thin ray of light that came down from a crack far above. They had heard other ancient stories about the brightness of the areas further from home, but had never thought it would be so powerful. They could see that it brought a strange sensation to the eyes, adding more visually than just the usual dark and less-dark that they'd grown accustomed. Those who were brave enough to stand in the light found that their bodies had a pleasant warm feeling where it fell upon them... when one of the braver men attempted to look up to the source of the light and got it directly into his eyes, though, he feel back with a shout, and the others dispersed.

They found that the new extension of their home had many more places to sequester the inevitable future dead, however, they were also curious of the area outside of the mountain entirely. When the outer brightness had finally left the sky, some exited the cavern for the first time in what had been generations, and were awed by the sight of the endless sky above them, covered with bright pricks of light so much brighter than what was above their cave roof. At the same time, though... while that open space was astonishing, it was also unnerving. They quickly dug patches outside of the cavern to dispose of those dead they had carried up, and then made for the indoors, unsure of what to make of their discovery.

---

This is another open choice, I'll get it to be more structured later but for now I'm still on 'travel mode' and am also sick.
Hello!
Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Silverware » 18 Jun 2012, 19:41

The light burns our eyes, and the great emptiness of the not-cave-roof brings fear to the hearts of even the strongest. We must remain in our caves and cover all openings to this empty world. If we must leave the caves we shall do it whilst the great light does not reside in the skies.
This is a strange and forbidding world we have discovered, no wonder the ancients came to these serene caverns.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 18 Jun 2012, 22:13

The plains of light are treacherous, though it may have times of darkness, they don't last very long.
In the darkness, beasts rest, but once the light comes, they begin to hunt, and if they find you, they'll kill you.
Be very careful, some beasts hunt even in darkness, and the light of the plains could return at any time.

When you're in the light of the plains, you can be seen by the beasts, and we shall stay away from this light.
We shall try to stop the light, but still allow water to come through from these cracks.
The main entrance shall also be kept open, as the air and the water is the only things not corrupted by the light of the plains.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Postby Eldaran » 19 Jun 2012, 12:15

As experienced, the Light is painful, so we shall stay in the dark and only go out when its dark. I think that many want to venture forth and explore the new world, but we cant let this happen. Maybe only a small group shall sometimes go forth, maybe we can find the tribe of the man who visited us and brought some of our flutes back? We might learn from them... But i think that we should stay in the Mountain that protected our ancestors, us and will protect our children.
The only thing Nobody can give back to you is time. Dont waste it on everyone.
Merostomata
Vampire Slayer

Postby Merostomata » 19 Jun 2012, 15:44

It should be noted that the man didn't feel pain just because he saw the light, but rather because he stared directly at the sun shining through the crack, which may not have been clear. This is known to be less-than-enjoyable even among people who haven't lived in nearly complete darkness for generations.

---

The people who had moved to the upper reaches of the caverns mostly accepted their conditions with joy; it was much cleaner than the crowded lower areas, and in addition the air had a sort of freshness to it that gave one vigor. The small amount of light from the crack above also provided a strange yet enjoyable visual sensation unknown among the lower caverns, a sense of some colors... though, the people remained wary of it after the one man's problem. However, it was decided that the outside world was a bit too intimidating to deal with, with those huge expanses of land and sky completely unlike the cavern interior. For this reason, people began to seal off as many as the exits as they could, piling up stones so that nothing from the outside could come in. They did hesitate at the last exit for the outside world that they could find, though, and decided not to entirely cut off contact from the outside world.

Some time later, as the people played their flutes, the music lured in a strange man from the outside world. He was wearing some sort of material over his body, unlike the naked people, and when he came across the light some of what he wore sparkled brightly. In his hand, he held something that looked like a long bone or one of the stalactites of the cavern. His skin was darker than that of the people, and he had a surprisingly short head of hair, and was even lacking in a beard. The people weren't sure what to make of him, and stopped playing their music... the explorer didn't seem to notice the people, and himself turned around in confusion when the music ceased. Perhaps he couldn't see very well?

1. "The strange foreigner does appear to have nice things," one of the men quietly mused. "Let us take them. Bash him with rocks, and then we shall divide his strange objects among us. We have no obligation to be peaceful to foreigners."

2. "Attacking him is so severe..." one of the women whispered. "Perhaps he would be willing to trade what he has for our flutes, as another foreigner did in the old stories? Let us play them again, and he shall draw near."

3. "... which is why we shouldn't!" hissed another man. "I don't like the looks of him, we should wall up the last entrance so that none like him may disturb us again. Let him leave or stumble to his death, but don't interact with him."
Hello!
Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Silverware » 19 Jun 2012, 16:15

The children of the fire-orb are people too, savage and covered from the harsh fires of the light-that-burns, but people none-the-less.
We shall treat them with kindness and they shall return such kindness. Perhaps they know of new methods of producing sound-from-bone.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 19 Jun 2012, 16:26

Woah, I just got an idea, and it's close to choice #2.

Let's toy with him a little bit, he seems only attracted to the sound of the flutes, so let's lure him in, and make him roam around a bit... then we have some emerge and make contact.
It's so rare for outsiders to arrive, we might as well have fun with them while we're at it.

But be aware, there may be more outsiders coming, so have some be on lookout, incase they decide to attack.
They could have means of bringing the vile light of the plains into our these caves (torches).

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Silverware » 19 Jun 2012, 16:30

I would support the above.
Provided we don't allow him to come to harm.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 19 Jun 2012, 17:31

Ah, ok, that extra detail would be nice.

We shouldn't let him get hurt.

Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Postby Eldaran » 20 Jun 2012, 01:28

Well, i would lure him deeper into the caves with the music and try to trade. If he is willing, than everything is fine, if not we still can smash his skull and take the things. It seems that he knows things we dont...
The only thing Nobody can give back to you is time. Dont waste it on everyone.

Return to “Forum Roleplaying”