Tabula Rasa

For all your roleplaying needs!
Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Re: Tabula Rasa

Postby Eldaran » 26 Jun 2012, 17:00

They shall train others and dont have to hunt anymore.(except for training) We shall honor them but only if they deserve our honor, greed and arrogance shall be their doom. Everyone is useful, if slaying our enemies, hunting our food, or cleaning the cave.
The only thing Nobody can give back to you is time. Dont waste it on everyone.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 26 Jun 2012, 21:20

I go for 3.

They should not be given all luxuries, but giving them none would not reward their effort, so give them some, so they still have reasons to do better.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
Merostomata
Vampire Slayer

Postby Merostomata » 27 Jun 2012, 16:42

There was some grumbling, but they did seem to appreciate the larger amount of rations, and offered that they had found some areas to scavenge for edible materials in the outside world, including from the very camps of the outsiders. The people of the upper caverns were intrigued, both by the taste of the strange foods brought with them and the fact that it took a long, long time to haul up the Sakana meat from below...

Many were willing to take up their training, and started to learn both how to use the strange outsider equipment and the techniques that had been used to survive in the outside world. But there were to be disputes among the people over how these newly found skills were to be learned.

1. "We must expand our grasp, we've spent too long cramped up in these caverns," suggested one of our newly trained men. "Once we are sufficiently strong, we should attempt to claim our own territories outside of the cavern. Why should we have to cower and hide from others in what should rightfully be our land?"

2. "This is merely to defend ourselves!" another gasped. "We only need enough to ensure we can launch a defense of our cave, but it does not suit us to leave..."

3. "We should forsake conquest of these surrounding lands for the moment, as I fear we lack the strength to do so," began one of our hunters. "But we could perhaps arm some scouts and send them through these mountains for caverns similar to ours. They'd be defensible homes if we find suitable ones, and perhaps with more settlements in familiar territory..."
Hello!
Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Silverware » 27 Jun 2012, 16:59

The man speaks sense. The open sky offers no protection from the harsh light. We must search out more caverns for us to spread to. The surface dwellers need not know of our existence.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 27 Jun 2012, 18:33

I go for #3.

The Light of the Plains twists one's mind, and if we stay in the Plains we'll shurely go insane, but in Cavern like these, we can seek shelter from the Light of the Plains.
However, these are not the only Caverns in this land, and in the other Caverns we can also stay safe.
Perhaps the Barbarians of the Plains utilize such Caverns as well, it would be a perfect place for us to fight, as we're much better at fighting in the dark.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Postby Eldaran » 28 Jun 2012, 17:54

He speaks with his heart and brain, we shall defend our mountain and see if we can find something new. But we need to know how to make this kind of equipment, otherwise we have too many people but no equipment.
The only thing Nobody can give back to you is time. Dont waste it on everyone.
Merostomata
Vampire Slayer

Postby Merostomata » 29 Jun 2012, 16:17

Our scouts made the difficult trips over mountain passes down to mud-filled tunnels, and they found a number of promising caverns. There were a few issues, though; the majority of them, while not used up near to the capacity our people were accustomed to, seemed to contain at least a couple of strange people who spent their time reciting various lines and sitting around in obviously uncomfortable positions. They were frequently visited by men in gleaming armor, more intricately designed and beautiful than what the people had managed to steal from the surrounding tribes. The gleaming men would then retreat back to their larger tribes off in the distance. While the scouts felt that the caverns could easily be taken, they were troubled by the presence of these men.

1. "A couple of the peoples that visit with these men have many more settlements than us, and they know how to create the armor that we steal..." began one troubled scout. "Perhaps we should give gifts to the old men in the caves? It might give us a better relationship with the surrounding peoples, and it won't provoke them to raid us..."

2. "Well..." one of our hunters began, "Perhaps this is so, but we were seeking these out to expand our people. Perhaps we could begin some settlements further in, and try to avoid disturbing the old men? We could try negotiating peacefully..."

3. A woman clicked her tongue in disappointment, and began to scold those two. "How craven! Have you two no courage? Look to our past and we see that the crazy elders of the cave only begin their hallucinations, and are then a burden on all. We would be doing a favor to those others if they were killed so that we could make a proper use of that space. Even if they take it negatively, we are armed well now and would be fighting in our home terrain."
Hello!
Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Silverware » 29 Jun 2012, 20:42

We do not know for sure that these men are afflicted by the same disease spirits that attack the old here. Perhaps they, like us, merely live away from the harsh lights.
Let us give generous gifts, and attempt to learn their language.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 29 Jun 2012, 22:32

I go for #2, but #3 could also work.

These people are weird, they may be similar, but they're not the same.
Let's avoid them, or perhaps, if we need to, kill them.

BowlerHats
Survivor

Postby BowlerHats » 30 Jun 2012, 04:08

I go for 1

Return to “Forum Roleplaying”