Gaming moments that scared you

Discuss game-related topics here!
Unbeknownst
Night Stalker

Re: Gaming moments that scared you

Postby Unbeknownst » 02 Jun 2011, 14:04

F.E.A.R. is actually pretty damn awesome. They did very well with the AI, the bullet time function is well implemented. (If you don't use it properly you will probably die) and the story is pretty friggin' epic.
The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.

'Poison' is such a harsh word. I prefer 'Potion of Shut the Hell Up.

You know what the best part about this weather is? The Zombies will freeze to death. Er... Undeath.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 02 Jun 2011, 14:27

They should have taken away the creepy little girl, it's so done to death.

And the worst thing about F.E.A.R. is that it has only jump scares, though some installments in the series are actually good at the subtlety, pacing and/or having it creepy, it's nullified by the action the game relies on.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
kim jo-el
Citizen

Postby kim jo-el » 03 Jun 2011, 01:49

Well, to Gamestop I go!
Perhaps I can get FEAR and Amnesia. Used even!
Also, I just thought of another one. Remember the head-crabs in half-life? They always hide in the worst places!
kim jo-el
Citizen

Postby kim jo-el » 03 Jun 2011, 04:26

Just a heads-up to anyone who hasn't played Thief, but is interested. And trust me you should be! Its on sale for 75% off on the Steam store. So its only 5US. Pretty damn good!
HD Cerberus
Vampire Slayer

Postby HD Cerberus » 03 Jun 2011, 04:29

That's a good deal, any idea how long the offer is on for?
Unbeknownst
Night Stalker

Postby Unbeknownst » 03 Jun 2011, 16:58

Happy Demon wrote:They should have taken away the creepy little girl, it's so done to death.

And the worst thing about F.E.A.R. is that it has only jump scares, though some installments in the series are actually good at the subtlety, pacing and/or having it creepy, it's nullified by the action the game relies on.

Wait, just jump scares? You must be misremembering. There are entire scenes dedicated to walking through wierdness.

And it isn't really a little girl. That changes as you get farther in.

You know what the best part about this weather is? The Zombies will freeze to death. Er... Undeath.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 03 Jun 2011, 19:49

Yeah it has 'creepy' stuff happen some places, but it's either for a couple seconds, or just doesn't work.

I play it over and over again, but i can't see what's so scary or disturbing about walking through a haunted school with ghosts that you have to shoot, or seeing that little girl for the 10th time, or seeing the same playground over and over again. It's just so overused, I can't see anything scary or disturbing in it anymore.

If you walk through a town with no-one in it, that can be scary due to the fact that it makes you completely alone.

And having symbolism in almost everything you see, that can make you want to know more, and when you do know, then you can suddenly know too much.

Of course, the previous 2 lines were a reference to Silent Hill 2, the most scary of the Silent Hill games.

Oh, and never play Silent Hill 5, it's too action oriented, and it got no reason to have pyramid head in it.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 03 Jun 2011, 19:52

As far as i'm concerned, the Silent Hill series died with Silent Hill 4.
Woof.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 03 Jun 2011, 20:01

Well, silent hill 4 did have you trapped in a room, trying to get in touch with the ones outside with no success, and had you trying your best to escape.

Unbeknownst
Night Stalker

Postby Unbeknownst » 04 Jun 2011, 13:07

School... Playground... Wait, what? F.E.A.R. was almost never Jump out of nowhere Scares. The Game was made to be a mind fuck.

Return to “Gaming Spot”