Which new age games will be remembered as classics

Discuss game-related topics here!
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Re: Which new age games will be remembered as classics

Postby Happy Demon » 03 Jun 2011, 04:01

[This post has been removed]

-HD Cerberus
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 03 Jun 2011, 04:19

Oh, and of course, you don't get what you were promised, you get scammed for a lot of MB every GB of hard drive storage.

A bit is 0,125 Bytes, so your network speed is 1/8 of what it makes you think it is.

Who do you trust, something you make up or someone that actually knows how a computer works, and actually know what RAM means.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
kim jo-el
Citizen

Postby kim jo-el » 03 Jun 2011, 04:30

True that. But I get constant program crashes on my Mac, and its been nothing but problems. The way Finder and Spotlight work is really awesome. But for me, that's it. I use a lot of the creative software that's meant to be so great on mac. Garageband blows compared to Cubase, iMovie is a sad excuse for movie editing and Photoshop is the same on both. And when I want to use free creative programs, they often don't work on the Mac.
HD Cerberus
Vampire Slayer

Postby HD Cerberus » 03 Jun 2011, 04:34

Just to toss in my two cents here, I think it's important to remember that both Macs and Microsoft are PCs. Mac is an operating system, as is Microsoft. I have a dell PC that I run both Mac OS and Windows 7 on, and it has never given me any trouble. Linux too, but rarely do I run it.

Both have pros and cons, but I personally feel that favoring one exclusively over the other may just be die hard fan boyism.
kim jo-el
Citizen

Postby kim jo-el » 03 Jun 2011, 04:43

Too true. I've found uses for my Mac and it has served me well, when it wasn't crashing. I've just had so many problems with it, hardware especially. The OS itself is really not that bad. But I think I'm buying a Windows computer next time. Or maybe I'll try Linux.
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 03 Jun 2011, 08:13

My Mac has never once crashed when I was not using Bootcamp and it's Windows OP.
Woof.
Unbeknownst
Night Stalker

Postby Unbeknownst » 03 Jun 2011, 17:05

The Ghost wrote:Because anything worth doing requires more power than a standard computer comes with? So you have to buy a custom rig built for gaming which costs like 5 times as much as a Mac? Or you can buy a basic mac, accept that it wont have tons of games but only the ones that are already known to be good, but will run four or five of them at once, and again, no viruses. You asked how I know there are no viruses? Well, they don't crash all the time, that's how. (And FYI, there are add on antivirus programs for macs, but no one uses them because they don't need them, and just so you know, there is one that is designed right into the OS too.) Oh yea, and you want to know something else? Some of my data cores that are up for replacement are about a decade old, and still running fine, lets see your PC do THAT.

I have a PC that has done THAT. I have two. That and I have my old Asus laptop, about 2 years old(She's a beast. Went through a car wreck. Got one scratch.) She's almost as up to date as the one I use now simply due to the modability that Macs seriously lack. (The one I use now I won as a prize. She's a sexy beast as well.)
The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.

'Poison' is such a harsh word. I prefer 'Potion of Shut the Hell Up.

You know what the best part about this weather is? The Zombies will freeze to death. Er... Undeath.
Aka Crazy John
Citizen

Postby Aka Crazy John » 17 Jun 2011, 12:36

BIOSHOCK
Batman, Arkham Asylum
Dead Space
Metal Gear Soild 3-4
Silent Hill 2
Resident Evil 4-5
Street Fighter 4
Something Totally Offensive...
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 17 Jun 2011, 13:05

Silent Hill 2 will, the rest of those wont.
Woof.
Squizzel
Colony Council

Postby Squizzel » 24 Jun 2011, 05:34

Ok, can you lot stop bitching about operating systems? Any gamer knowns you need a have a custome rig to run stuff well, so stop moaning.

Bioshoke might do. Never heard of system shoke, so I can't compare the two.
Bioshoke 2 won't. Sorry, but I Liked going back and killing stuff.
Half life Will. If you think otherwise, you're an idiot. It was the first game to have squad command, making it the first "Moden" shooter, in one sence.
Half-life 2 I guess will as well. They keep what made Half-life good, as well as having some Really creative things (antlion squad members FTW). Add to it a modding sence, and modding tools everyone can use (Garrys mod), make a game that'll age well.
Portal 1 and 2 will be, if purely because Value invested in some compertion entry (yes, portal was made for a compertion, but not by value)
Halo... the first should, I'm not sure about the others.
Minecraft could, depending on how finished the coding is.
Terraria is more likely however. People are buying it becuase it's cheeper, gives you a better sence of what to do, and is an amazing blend of RPG and sandbox. (If a good modding sence comes along, it's sorted).
Magicka. It's just a kick ass game, with I belive more than one story path (and expansions coming out).
ImageImageImageImage
Sair is now locked :3 I like her how she is ^^

Return to “Gaming Spot”