Re: Terraria

Postby The Ghost » 10 Jul 2011, 10:17

No, I haven't, nor do I care to.
For the Emperor!
Squizzel
Colony Council

Postby Squizzel » 10 Jul 2011, 22:15

Oh, Minecraft has woodland animals that fight back (Well, when you have Mo' Creatures installed) but that's not the point. Terraria is a more polished game, and updating more often than minecraft, with more In the updates. The last one was full of new creatures, items, weapons, blocks and craftable stuff. Minecraft's last update had... Shears and Pistons, and even That was full of bugs and needed Two patches to sort out (I think), where as Terraria's didn't need a patch and had more in it. (and made by Reddit and Blue, in less time)
ImageImageImageImage
Sair is now locked :3 I like her how she is ^^
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 11 Jul 2011, 07:10

Actually Blue is more public relations and bughunt, Reddit is the coding guy, so it is essentially coded by one guy (with several exceptions.)
Woof.
Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Silverware » 11 Jul 2011, 08:22

Remember they are also coding in C# and XNA, so most of the middleware bugs are already delt with. This means they also have a compiled code that picks out smaller bugs much easier than the guys at minecraft have.
Also a 2d world is MUCH easier to code than a 3d one.

The minecraft guys haven't put out many patches lately because they are working on the 1.8 patch. Which will be huge.
While terraria is about at the limit of what they can effectively do without making the game boring.
Squizzel
Colony Council

Postby Squizzel » 11 Jul 2011, 18:08

What I think is Starting to pick up in Terraria is modding. At the moment, there aren't meny mods out there, but I'm sure, given enough time, more will be added. When they do, well, I'm sure a pocalypse mod can be added (ie, have it so mutants, machines, and all manner of horrors spawn.)
ImageImageImageImage
Sair is now locked :3 I like her how she is ^^

Return to “Gaming Spot”