67%
Poor (But I actully mean Amazing)
33%

Total votes: 3
Squizzel
Colony Council

Magicka

Postby Squizzel » 05 Apr 2011, 03:37

If you don't know what it is, it's fricking amazing. If you do, you already know this and can simply post reviews and such so people who don't Can know this.

Yes I know the poll is rigged....... But it's true.
ImageImageImageImage
Sair is now locked :3 I like her how she is ^^
Squizzel
Colony Council

Re: Magicka

Postby Squizzel » 07 Apr 2011, 05:10

Ok, so I'll post something Proper now. Magicka is a rather silly game, made by Arrowhead. It's there first game, and its rather silly.
The narator, Vlad, is not a Vampire.
You play as a wizard (or group of wizards) on an epic Failour of a quest to save the world. Threwout the game, you find staffs and weapons to aid you. Weapons includ the M60 (i think), a demons arm, the Sword in the Stone (compleat with stone), +1 Staff (+1 damage to ever attack) and loads more.
NPCs are pretty useless, mainly dropping loot which can aid you, and getting in the way of your spells. Your allies do this as well. There is a moose on every level (that is dead). Horses are wooden. Sheep are cardboard cutouts. You blow up alot of stuff (including yourself and team-mates).
You can combin up to 5 elements, out of a choice of 8. You learn spells by picking up spellbooks. Some are useful, some just get you killed in very silly ways. Some are pretty useless (like Rain).

There's a new exspain out thats called Magicka Veidarm? (I can't remember the spelling.) It had more guns, and a few new spells.

Do I need to say Anymore?
ImageImageImageImage
HD Cerberus
Vampire Slayer

Postby HD Cerberus » 07 Apr 2011, 06:21

Just to clarify, I believe the expansion is called Magicka: Vietnam.
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 07 Apr 2011, 11:39

Rain is far from useless, it actually helps quite a bit, you make it rain and then dry yourself off with fire, then zap everything with lightning for increased damage.

My strategy (that usually works): I make a dome shield moments after a battle starts, boost it constantly, and use the bug staff (which is a starting staff when you have a certain character model) and spam bug swarms outside of the shield to kill all the enemies (it doesn't really work when fighting druids though since they make flaming rocks sprout up from the ground under the shield which burn you faster then you can heal).

One more thing: I managed to get the "Don't cross the beams" steam achievement in singleplayer (I fired a beam inside a shield dome and it bounced around and hit itself, which in turn blew itself up along with me), though on another note making a life beam cross healsplodes (with a +3000 health boost) instead of blowing you up.
Woof.
Squizzel
Colony Council

Postby Squizzel » 08 Apr 2011, 04:42

Thanks for the name x.x I can't spell to save my life (I actully get more time in exams). Looks good, might buy it when I buy the main game (when I have some more money)
ImageImageImageImage
Zarthanon
Vampire Slayer

Postby Zarthanon » 09 Apr 2011, 10:29

Your first post seems to conflict with the poll. Is the game really awful or actually rather good?
HD Cerberus
Vampire Slayer

Postby HD Cerberus » 10 Apr 2011, 00:47

I think he means the game is excellent because of how awfully they get on. If you ever played the Simon the Sorcerer series, you know that the game is brilliant, because Simon gets on terribly. He's sarcastic, rude, and everything keeps going wrong for him.

This sounds like it's something similar?
Delta-Pangaea
Survivor

Postby Delta-Pangaea » 22 Apr 2011, 01:20

Okay, I've only played the Demo, since I whatever. This is irrelevant.

On the topic of Rain and Lightning? Cast a shield on yourself before you start the rain, and you stay dry. You won't have to dry yourself, or wait for the rain to die down.

Also, Putting a shield in front of Jormungandr when he charges at you is hilarious, and does damn good damage.
Squizzel
Colony Council

Postby Squizzel » 28 Apr 2011, 04:17

Yer, its abit like Simon, in the sence that stuff goes wrong. Alot. Usally you cast a spell and kill someone else. I find putting bee's infront of where a cut scene is about to happen is quite funny. But the game is fun. And easy to pick up (ie. Smash buttons in a vauge attempt to try and cast a cool spell). Just type in Magicka into Youtube if you havn't already. Trust me, some let's plays of it are stupidly funny.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Gaming Spot”