League of Legends

Discuss game-related topics here!
Unbeknownst
Night Stalker

Re: League of Legends

Postby Unbeknownst » 02 Feb 2011, 05:07

DotA was actually played using Warcraft. Haven't played it in a long time so not sure any more. Its still around though. LoL is free to download. However, it's not exactly kind to newbs. Though they have been trying to make it more so. You still just run headfirst into it if you've never played DotA or a DotA esque game before.
The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.

'Poison' is such a harsh word. I prefer 'Potion of Shut the Hell Up.

You know what the best part about this weather is? The Zombies will freeze to death. Er... Undeath.
Zarthanon
Vampire Slayer

Postby Zarthanon » 02 Feb 2011, 05:46

What is the objective of LoL? Is it still a fantasy element like Warcraft or did they make it more historically realistic?
Unbeknownst
Night Stalker

Postby Unbeknownst » 02 Feb 2011, 05:51

It's still fantasy. It's a strange kind of RTS/RPG/Tower Defense hybrid. Basically, you control a champion. You pick one of er... Many, every game. That champion can level up 18 times. You have 4 abilities quick slected by Q W E and R. What the goal of the game is to get to the center of the enemies base and destroy their Nexus. I would recommend looking it up as this is a REALLY REALLY simple explanation.

You know what the best part about this weather is? The Zombies will freeze to death. Er... Undeath.
Zarthanon
Vampire Slayer

Postby Zarthanon » 02 Feb 2011, 06:07

Unbeknownst wrote:It's still fantasy. It's a strange kind of RTS/RPG/Tower Defense hybrid. Basically, you control a champion. You pick one of er... Many, every game. That champion can level up 18 times. You have 4 abilities quick slected by Q W E and R. What the goal of the game is to get to the center of the enemies base and destroy their Nexus. I would recommend looking it up as this is a REALLY REALLY simple explanation.

May be simple, but it gives me enough info to spark my interest. I'll check out some youtube vids.
Unbeknownst
Night Stalker

Postby Unbeknownst » 02 Feb 2011, 06:13

There are... A lot.

Bonzi77
Zombie Hunter

Postby Bonzi77 » 02 Feb 2011, 06:29

Fun fact: DotA 2 is being developed by Valve Software using the Source Engine.

Thought you guys might like to hear that. ;)
Unbeknownst
Night Stalker

Postby Unbeknownst » 02 Feb 2011, 07:33

Oh, I know. I also played the DotA for Starcraft. Awesome.

What_Goes_Here?
Citizen

Postby What_Goes_Here? » 16 Feb 2011, 11:56

On the topic of LoL, anyone here playing please check my thread out about
Urf's Ghost fighting Ghostbusters. Also LoL forums lack many many things that free forums have lol. The irony.
Anyway I find LoL mainly fun but needs more balancing and less new champs that make me feel bad playing older champs. :(
-----

Signature that needs to be added to LoL forums along with Search! *Required QQ about Replays and Obs mode*

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/sh ... p?t=516138

Ghostbusters V Urf's Ghost!
Liro Raeriyo
Citizen
Location: Canada, British Columbia, Vancouver Island, Campbell River, South Alder ST, 462, Upper Right room

Postby Liro Raeriyo » 19 Feb 2011, 11:55

i tried it, its rather fun at low levels since most people still AT a low level are noobish and not fagget trash talking asswhipes, past level 10 its all down hill, do yourself a favor and just make a new account over and over, play with the people who dont spend almost as much of their life mastering the game as WoW players waste getting that next little trinket from a raid.
Liro Raeriyo was HERE!!?!???!!?
What_Goes_Here?
Citizen

Postby What_Goes_Here? » 19 Feb 2011, 13:06

From the people I run into around 1400-1500 Elo Ranked and whatever Elo i'm at normal, I get mostly normal non hardcore ragers. I get a few feeders afkers and the like but, mostly people who play the game, take it seriusly but not too seriusly.

Return to “Gaming Spot”