Which one of Joe's powers would you choose?

The Pocalypse is for the people! Voting for The Pocalypse's names and events happens here! Joe also posts questions that may or may not affect the story. The Pocalypse wants to know its audience!

Which one of Joe's powers would you choose?

Super strength
8%
Super speed
9%
Impenetrable skin
23%
Mind-crafting
60%

Total votes: 77
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Re: Which one of Joe's powers would you choose?

Postby Kevak » 05 Apr 2011, 06:45

I said that it can be used in real life...
Woof.
The Ghost
Night Stalker

Postby The Ghost » 23 Apr 2011, 11:09

Ok, guys, you are all missing something, you can only pick the powers Joe ALREADY HAS, and that means your mind craft skills are ultra weak compared to like 90% of people who can do it, so that choice... That's why I went with invulnerability, being able to take an AK-47's full clip to the face unscathed would be pure awesome. Just imagine, learn judo and get a lot of exercise, wander around the South Bronx at night in a black hoody and black jeans, make a couple of 'citizens arrests' of some muggers and rapists, soon the chicks are throwing them selves at you left and right, and the dumb hoods cant touch you. Total awesome sauce.
For the Emperor!
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 23 Apr 2011, 11:49

Erm, actually the bullets enter the skin, they just don't go very far and they do hurt, and if you got shot in the face, with a full clip from a AK-47, at point blank range, you would be screaming in pain, and have a bunch of metal fragments in your face, and you would be bleeding, though you would be mostly alive as long as none of the rounds went into your eye sockets, and on a different note: Joe's mindcrafting is stronger then the elder vampire's, he is just too much of a idiot to use it well he is conscious.
Woof.
sh4d0wfl4re
Survivor

Postby sh4d0wfl4re » 12 May 2011, 14:44

I would like to believe I already have this power just too weakly to 'assault' a mind.
Sometimes when I dream, I Dream in which I can find other people I know in their dreams (sometimes they remember seeing me in a dream), and MindCraft to an extent. (I can change a dream by changing it's flow, rejecting it's flow altogether however, hurts and only sorta works, but, mostly not)
Unfortunately I cannot bring myself to Dream I have to be called.
Oh! Recently I confirmed that my Dreamself is in fact a separate Aspect of myself with his own mind. (I kinda argued with him about waking up now or finding out the guy I was talking to's name before that I didn't know if it was me or an Aspect)
The Beginning foretells the End, the End starts the Beginning anew, but in betwixt lies the best part, the Journey
mutant hunter
Citizen

Postby mutant hunter » 21 May 2011, 16:34

joes mind craft powers are weak but it never sayed of what time -joe as a old man mind craft skills are beter than anyones-
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 21 May 2011, 19:45

Mutant, did you watch the comic? Joe clearly has stronger mindcrafting abilities then a Elder Vampire, he is just too stupid to actually use them.
Woof.
ummm24
Zombie Hunter

Postby ummm24 » 04 Jun 2011, 08:13

Sorry, guys. I gotta go with mind-crafting. I always thought that it would be cool if I could go to amazing speeds, like how Joe dodged a bullet, But I think that it would be mind blowing if I could create a wall to keep zombies/mutants/vampires/plant monsters/machines out of the encampment, or a wall of spikes closing in on monsters stealing my goods while yelling "no one better lay a finger on my butterfinger!" And thats not just the end of it! There is an infinite number of things that you could do! Mind-crafting beats speed hands down.
As a wise man once said, "You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot, and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others."
aattss
Zombie Hunter

Postby aattss » 04 Jun 2011, 18:01

admit it. you got mindcrafting from minecraft. that was actually pretty clever
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 04 Jun 2011, 19:51

Are you planning on being productive to the topic any time soon?
Woof.
aattss
Zombie Hunter

Postby aattss » 04 Jun 2011, 20:24

Sure.

This is like with martial arts. You think you're doing it and that you're cool, but you actually aren't. You still probably don't understand the difference between slamming something with "all" your weight and actually hitting and breaking through something with your weight. You don't understant that you have to go THROUGH the target.

None of us can mindcraft at ALL. However, if we could do it as much as Joe could, we could practice more. You would have an extent of control over your mind to do that, and eventually, with practice, that will increase as well. Basically, with practice, you could do MORE that what powers this pool would have originally given you.

By the way, it makes no sense that you could only get one of these powers. All of these powers derive from that subconscious being inside Joe. You can't get a power, only a subconscious being. Basically, it's all or nothing.

Return to “Village Voice”