Which one of Joe's powers would you choose?

The Pocalypse is for the people! Voting for The Pocalypse's names and events happens here! Joe also posts questions that may or may not affect the story. The Pocalypse wants to know its audience!

Which one of Joe's powers would you choose?

Super strength
8%
Super speed
9%
Impenetrable skin
23%
Mind-crafting
60%

Total votes: 77
digitalwill
Survivor

Re: Which one of Joe's powers would you choose?

Postby digitalwill » 14 Jun 2011, 07:00

Merostomata wrote:I think I'd end up going with super strength, so I voted for that. At first, I was thinking invulnerable skin might be great, but there again, what if a doctor needed to cut into you for some reason? It'd really be awful if you were having appendicitus and die from something so easily treatable just because no one may cut you up. There again, if it were semi-voluntary like it seems to be with Joe, I'd switch over.

Super speed just really isn't applicable in my life.

As to mindcrafting, I guess it'd be nice for a while... the problem is, it's all in the head, though. Unless you like to hang around vampires, no one's ever going to see the work you invest in your head, and it all comes at the expense of withering away in the real world.

Well I picked mind crafting because I like to think of alternate realities and it does not really mater if no one else sees them in my opinion plus if mind crafting also come with telekinesis or what ever its called and I could see what others where thinking (or what ever sense that would be)that would be awesome. On another note having mind crafting does not mean you meant vampires it just means that you like to make your on little world like in mine craft.
Merostomata
Vampire Slayer

Postby Merostomata » 14 Jun 2011, 08:34

Alright, then the invulnerability, if that's voluntary. Sounds great.

Well I picked mind crafting because I like to think of alternate realities and it does not really mater if no one else sees them in my opinion plus if mind crafting also come with telekinesis or what ever its called and I could see what others where thinking (or what ever sense that would be)that would be awesome.

If I recall correctly, mindcrafting is just a specific power in the dream world. The other powers are not telekinesis, they are controlling or killing the minds of people you can access. Since the thing just said 'mindcrafting' and not 'dream world powers', mindcrafting is all you get, I think.

On another note having mind crafting does not mean you meant vampires it just means that you like to make your on little world like in mine craft.

What I meant was that no one would see anything I create except for vampires, the only other creatures witnessed to experience the dream world, along with zompires. Taking all witnesses away would make creating worlds in my mind rather... pointless. Maybe it's different to you.
Hello!
WindWhitestorm
Zombie Hunter

Postby WindWhitestorm » 14 Jun 2011, 14:18

I would have chosen super speed, hell yeah. I can wake up later when I need to go to school. And there's always marathons (2.4 km run, etc) and things like that. Though it's 'cheating' of sorts. Obviously, you wouldn't go at full speed. But Mind-Crafting = AWESOME.

PS:
if mind crafting also come with telekinesis

TELEPATHY - In this sense though, it's more of just mind control and not so much as mind reading.

Telekinesis, the ability to move objects with the mind, is different from telepathy, the ability to read minds and control minds,etc. Unless you are talking about when Joe stopped the rocks that The Elder 'threw ' at him and when he threw The Elder against the table(?). But that was because of the sub-conscious in the outside world, so it's not part of 'Dream World'. Therefore if you meant that Mind-Crafting meant Dream World Powers, it should be telepathy.

But Mind-Crafting is not just making blocks.
Hello :D
Merostomata
Vampire Slayer

Postby Merostomata » 14 Jun 2011, 14:50

Well, sure. You also apparently get to create mind-zombies and other things, too... unless a certain Zompire lied about that, like he did with the two guards. I wonder what would happen if you let yourself get killed by mindcrafted zombies or something?
Hello!
WindWhitestorm
Zombie Hunter

Postby WindWhitestorm » 14 Jun 2011, 15:25

mindcrafted or 'mindcrafted'?
Merostomata
Vampire Slayer

Postby Merostomata » 14 Jun 2011, 15:44

Mindcrafted, not 'mindcrafted'. It's obvious what happens if you allow yourself to get killed by a real zombie, if it's a situation like with the guards. However, if you can actually create them with the mind, and then those kill you...
Hello!
WindWhitestorm
Zombie Hunter

Postby WindWhitestorm » 14 Jun 2011, 16:35

Those will never kill you. Because you can destroy them [un-craft them of sorts], unless you lost control. Or someone takes control of them, like a more powerful mindcrafter, and kills you with them, then yes.
Merostomata
Vampire Slayer

Postby Merostomata » 15 Jun 2011, 07:37

I know you could destroy them in an instant, but I'm saying if you were to intentionally let your own mindcrafted zombies eat you.
Hello!
WindWhitestorm
Zombie Hunter

Postby WindWhitestorm » 15 Jun 2011, 11:57

Oh, I see, I don't really know, I mean if you let them kill you:

1. You freak out before they can kill you and kill them first.
2. You get infected (if it's possible) and they disappear, you lose you ability to mindcraft
3. Your mind gets infected, your body remains normal, and a new zombie species pops out.
4. You die
5. Something else which I forgot

NinjaEdit: Almost The Same Sig :D
ummm24
Zombie Hunter

Postby ummm24 » 16 Jun 2011, 14:12

If Mindcrafting was not a choice, then I would instantly choose speed.
As a wise man once said, "You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot, and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others."

Return to “Village Voice”