Joe's Superhero Name

The Pocalypse is for the people! Voting for The Pocalypse's names and events happens here! Joe also posts questions that may or may not affect the story. The Pocalypse wants to know its audience!

What should Joe's superhero name be?

Centrifuge – I got a lot of “tornado” names, due to Joe’s favourite attack. I liked this one because it sounded cool and I know that Joe would want a cool name to upstage Sentinel and Stinger. :)
17%
Super Joe – Joe is a egotistical bastard, so it makes sense that he thinks that his own name is “superhero” enough! Adding “Super” made me laugh and I think it works. Knowing Joe, he’ll think that he’s being really clever. :)
26%
Captain McAwesome III – This one made me laugh. Joe definitely thinks he’s awesome and as captain, Joe will bestow authority upon himself over Jess and Bernie :D
26%
The Green Storm – This name reference Joe’s tornado attack and throws in some green (his suit and bandana colour) for extra flavour :)
No votes
Powerfist – Hate him all you want, but there’s no denying that Joe has a powerful punch. This name is badass and it’ll let Joe’s enemies know that he’s badass :)
31%
Captain Awesome III – 6th choice, kinda :) Just #3 without the “Mc”.
No votes

Total votes: 42
brainfree
Survivor

Re: Joe's Superhero Name

Postby brainfree » 29 Nov 2010, 02:43

This may be slanted due to the fact that I am also a Joe but... just call him Joe. Every superhero in existence has some stupid name they hide behind, but it adds an entirely new level of awesome if they have the balls to use their actual names. it sends a message to the bad guys, and that message is, "I'm right here bitches, you want some, come get it. I'll whoop yo ass!" 8-)
NeoPhantom
Gate Guard

Postby NeoPhantom » 29 Nov 2010, 06:51

Really? Would you fret if the name of your worst nightmare is Joe? I'd laugh out loud, no offense Joe Writter.

But a guy who thinks he's the best wouldn't just use his name as a shoat out name... He'd use something cooler
I welcome all ideas about the events of the comic "The Pocalypse" to be posted in "The PocalypsePlot/TheorizingThread. This place will provide the perfect place to discuss your ideas as well as to read others.
brainfree
Survivor

Postby brainfree » 29 Nov 2010, 16:19

NeoPhantom wrote:Really? Would you fret if the name of your worst nightmare is Joe? I'd laugh out loud, no offense Joe Writter.

As I've said, it takes a bad ass to use his own name, even more to make people fear it. Its about the actions you make and the rumors started about you that matter, not dumb names you make up on the spot. Would you be afraid of a man named "Mr.Fluffykins" if you knew he was a killer fond of eating his victims alive and wanted you for dinner? Of course you would, it would be retarded for you not to be.

NeoPhantom wrote:But a guy who thinks he's the best wouldn't just use his name as a shoat out name... He'd use something cooler

What? Why would someone who thinks he's already the best there is want to change his name? Especially a person as narcissistic as the character Joe. This argument makes no sense.
Nanoth
Survivor

Postby Nanoth » 29 Nov 2010, 22:02

If it wasn't already used I would go with Senor Vaporal Kickass'o!!! Or something like that, heck anything were the !!!! IS part of the name...
Bonzi77
Zombie Hunter

Postby Bonzi77 » 29 Nov 2010, 23:59

Superman II.
NeoPhantom
Gate Guard

Postby NeoPhantom » 30 Nov 2010, 05:01

Tom Marvolo Riddle = Lord Voldemort

He changed his name in an attempt to demonstrate superiority over all others. Joe is the same, I wouldn't be surprised...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Currently mourning the death of Bro, best human comic character, and coolest person ever existed...
"I am the elf and these are my tears"
If you don't know him, see Ms. Paint's Homestuck...
I welcome all ideas about the events of the comic "The Pocalypse" to be posted in "The PocalypsePlot/TheorizingThread. This place will provide the perfect place to discuss your ideas as well as to read others.
Bonzi77
Zombie Hunter

Postby Bonzi77 » 30 Nov 2010, 06:05

We're all mourning, Phantom. ;_;

I say we name Joe "Bro" in his honor.
person427
Survivor

Postby person427 » 30 Nov 2010, 06:44

I'm going to agree with thefool and say Pinwheel.
Joe
Site Admin

Postby Joe » 30 Nov 2010, 13:40

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone!

I have them all noted and I'll put up a poll of the top 5 names on Wednesday's update!

:D
Toasty
Zombie Hunter

Postby Toasty » 30 Nov 2010, 13:56

Locked for now i s'pose

Return to “Village Voice”