Which power should Joe get back from Inner Joe?

The Pocalypse is for the people! Voting for The Pocalypse's names and events happens here! Joe also posts questions that may or may not affect the story. The Pocalypse wants to know its audience!

Which power should Joe get back from Inner Joe?

Super strength - Is offense the best route?
34%
Impenetrable skin - Or is defense better?
49%
Super speed - Moving from place to place in an instant could be pretty useful!
17%

Total votes: 83
Qwefg
Survivor

Re: Which power should Joe get back from Inner Joe?

Postby Qwefg » 26 Jun 2012, 22:31

Super defense. Lets face the fact that Joe rushes into things without thinking. Speed might help but strength would properly kill him. He went head first into a group of zombies and just spun around in a circle.

The super defense could help Joe be forced to learn from the others. (They could alway hang him upside down if worse came to worse.) Also their are a lot of deadly infecting monsters out their that could pontentially make things much much worse. Super strength would be a good second but without defense his only hope would be to duck tape a bunch of metal together.
KeirOokami
Survivor

Postby KeirOokami » 26 Jun 2012, 23:07

Super Strength, because how is he going to feed Rosa with impenetrable skin? :D
chssmstr23
Survivor

Postby chssmstr23 » 27 Jun 2012, 01:44

Joe should get super speed. Even though it seems a little out of character it would probably be the best ability to go with the regenerative ability because he can develop super strength and impenetrable skin from super speed and the regeneration. To form the impenetrable skin (or at least really really hard skin) he could possibly use his regenerative skill to produce any material in his body any where he wants it to be, and therefore he can produce a thick bone layer right at the site of impact causing it to be close to the impenetrable skin which this would also add to his super strength because he could create a harder material to move extremely fast causing a huge amount of force and kinetic energy. However if he cannot do that he still has his super strength because he can still move his fist and body super fast into enemies along with using swords and weapons and then regenerate anything broken or damaged after each attack he makes.
Madorakas
Survivor

Postby Madorakas » 27 Jun 2012, 02:06

Weeel Joe is a stupid fuck so he will problably chose strenght.

This must mean that i am a stupid fuck too because thats what i vote for (i gues that this is how to vote). But whait hear me out first.

-Impenetrable skin is good for defence when meeting zombies and blood drinking vampires but then all Joe is good for is being bate (did i spell that right?)

-Speed is also good when you want to run away from nasty zombies or vampires or killer machines and monster plants and hungry mutants and gun crazy hicks... shit i would kill myself if i lived in that world.

-Strenght on the other hand changes things, ZOMBIE!!! POW! zombie pie. VAMPIRE!! POW! vampire fly away and so on and so on.

I vote for super strenght, stupid as it might be.
Rox
Survivor

Postby Rox » 27 Jun 2012, 03:37

I chose speed cos I think this is the worst choice and I'm curious to see what the author will do with that :D
kkgkgkg
Survivor

Postby kkgkgkg » 27 Jun 2012, 03:51

He should get impenetrable skin that way if he gets bit by a zombie it doesn't matter and if he gets bit by a vampire it doesn't matter or if he gets shot by a mutant or if he get stabbed by a human it doesn't matter, plus joes an idiot so he'll try spinning again and he'll get bitten again so he NEEDS impenetrable skin!
Zaid
Survivor

Postby Zaid » 27 Jun 2012, 06:48

My vote is for Super Strength.
Put succintly, Joe is an asshole and not in a good way like Rusty.
Give him super speed and he'll just ditch the group faster when he has a hissy fit.
Make him have steel skin added to the regeneration and he's an average untrained guy who can't be killed. Useful for him if he's skulking alone in the Pocalypse but not much good for anyone else unless they use him as bait (and I don't see anything with an intelligence greater than his focusing on him as a threat).
Super strength gives him enough utility that he's of benefit to the party without making him so independent he'll leave the colonists to rot.

Ok, I put way too much thought into it. Keep up the great work with the series, I'm really looking forward to the next episode and the game (and let us know if you plan to take checks or money orders for donations + the game download when its ready).
I'll Eat Yourself
Survivor

Postby I'll Eat Yourself » 27 Jun 2012, 08:28

I have a question that will affect my decision. What do Joe's regenerative powers do exactly? Do they make him immune to the zombie virus? Do they make him regenerate lost body parts instantly or within a few moments? I will probably say he should get impenetrable skin, but what you say about his regenerative abilities will affect this. There is also this possibility: giving him the worst possible power, and then getting more as a result. For example, Joe gets Super Speed and eventually finds himself trapped and in need of more strength, so Inner Joe gives him Super Strength out of desperation. Eventually, both of these fail Joe and he ends up paralyzed or completely helpless somehow, and once again out of desperation Inner Joe gives him back his Impenetrable Skin, leaving Joe with all of his powers back. If you choose to go with this idea, let me know so I can vote for Super Speed or Super Strength, whichever you think should come first (I can think of a reason to give him Super Strength first and then super speed later ;)). If you would prefer to have him get only one power, then let me know that and tell me what his regenerative abilities do. EVERYTHING they do.
ROM!
Survivor

Postby ROM! » 27 Jun 2012, 19:20

I chose impenetrable skin. Mostly because even if Joe would want to go punch zombies' heads off, deep down he doesn't want to become one. (If I were to put myself in his shoes)
Yay! The Pocalypse! Wooo!
BloodWolf7
Survivor

Postby BloodWolf7 » 27 Jun 2012, 20:32

While I think he'd probably go for Super Strength or Impenetrable Skin, but most likely impenetrable skin because he's a bit of a baby and whines when he gets hurt. Kinda wish Bernie was awake to chime in on it, I think it'd be better for helping steer Joe that direction.

Return to “Village Voice”