Which power should Joe get back from Inner Joe?

The Pocalypse is for the people! Voting for The Pocalypse's names and events happens here! Joe also posts questions that may or may not affect the story. The Pocalypse wants to know its audience!

Which power should Joe get back from Inner Joe?

Super strength - Is offense the best route?
34%
Impenetrable skin - Or is defense better?
49%
Super speed - Moving from place to place in an instant could be pretty useful!
17%

Total votes: 83
Destructor
Survivor

Re: Which power should Joe get back from Inner Joe?

Postby Destructor » 26 Jun 2012, 05:01

Pretty easy answer, look at it from Inner Joe's point of view. Inner Joe just had to give up 2 powers in under 10 seconds because of Joes weak body. To him Joe is an idiot, which means Joe is going to get himself and Inner Joe killed very easily. Inner Joe also wouldn't want that trick pulled on him again anytime soon. Joe's body can be resistant or immune to outside attacks but as long as his mind is weak Inner Joe can wait. Joe being Joe would probably want strength to be power-fist to feel useful, but again not that smart and I'm deciding off of Inner Joe. As long as Joe can't be hurt or feel useful to others that is all inner Joe needs to manipulate Joe. I can see many useful qualities to impenetrable skin but it would be if Joe can see it. Plus because Joe wants to be power-fist to be useful, why not spite Joe by not giving him what he wants. And being Immune to attacks makes regeneration almost seem useless so might as well spite Sam while he's at it. :twisted: True evil is patient and will find a way.

Impenetrable skin for the win.
ashendant
Zombie Hunter

Postby ashendant » 26 Jun 2012, 07:41

I wanted to vote for super speed but it's losing horribly, and since i don't want Joe to be stuck with a horrible clichéd power like super strength i voted for impenetrable skin
Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Silverware » 26 Jun 2012, 10:28

Ima say Skin, then Joe can get himself a nice shotgun to go with it, and lay the smack down on things.
Opcalypse
Citizen

Postby Opcalypse » 26 Jun 2012, 10:36

Why are you guys wasting votes with defense? He's already getting regeneration!!! That's like saying Wolverine is a puss because he doesn't have armored skin. He doesn't NEED armored skin because he friggin regenerates!!!!

IMO, this comes down to strength or speed. He's not smart enough to pull off speed so Joe SMASH is the only way to go.
The Ghost Rider
Survivor

Postby The Ghost Rider » 26 Jun 2012, 10:55

Personally i think that he should get an ability that isnt listed. He should get his mental abilities, the ability to mindcraft in reality, but thats just what i think, and until mindcrafting is listed as an option i will not vote
Qozux
Survivor

Postby Qozux » 26 Jun 2012, 11:32

He's already going to regen, why does he need the defensive ability? That's pretty much covered already. Joe would choose strength, that's just his style. He's been trying to punch things ever since he lost his powers anyways.
The character's personality has to play a part here, and it's obvious what POWERFIST would choose.
jbw
Survivor

Postby jbw » 26 Jun 2012, 15:25

I think super speed would be the most interesting path to choose, but choosing strength would be a lot more consistent with his character. When has he ever thought about defense?
Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Postby Eldaran » 26 Jun 2012, 16:41

Uuuh yeah, i totally forgot Mindcrafting, if possible i think i also would choose Mindcrafting... but its sadly not an option.
The only thing Nobody can give back to you is time. Dont waste it on everyone.
Kegluneq
Survivor

Postby Kegluneq » 26 Jun 2012, 18:47

Another vote for super strength here. Regeneration makes inpenetrable skin redundant, and super speed isn't too useful if you can't do anything when you get to where you want to go. (I'm reminded of that Cracked video which argued that having Wolverine's claws, but not regeneration, was a truly terrible idea. Super speed with weak flesh sounds dangerous!)
Shaggy02
Survivor

Postby Shaggy02 » 26 Jun 2012, 20:59

Strength is the only way to go regeneration will keep him alive and bring him back to life if need be so he need some offensive power

Return to “Village Voice”