Should Bernie go solo?

The Pocalypse is for the people! Voting for The Pocalypse's names and events happens here! Joe also posts questions that may or may not affect the story. The Pocalypse wants to know its audience!

Should Bernie go solo?

Yes, Bernie should go into the building by himself. He'll be fine!
67%
No, Jake and a squad of soldiers need to go with him! Strength in numbers, Bernie!
33%

Total votes: 39
Joe
Site Admin

Should Bernie go solo?

Postby Joe » 01 Oct 2011, 14:53

Should Bernie head into the apartment on his own? Will he be sufficiently protected? Should he risk his own safety to keep the soldiers of New Hammerston out of danger?

It's up to you! :D

Vote and let me know if Bernie should go solo OR if Jake should shut Bernie up and go with him with a squad of soldiers.

Thanks for voting! :D
sh4d0wfl4re
Survivor

Re: Should Bernie go solo?

Postby sh4d0wfl4re » 01 Oct 2011, 16:55

I think more shenanigans will ensue if Bernie goes (mentioned @comic comments). But they will not result in known character death within the apartment building. In other areas in the town however it may still occur. What will be missing in this choice is Annika getting a heart to heart with Bernie. Either way those two will have to settle their differences its just that Bernie soloing will delay this.
So, to reduce death and increase drama/chaos/character growth I vote that: Bernie goes Solo!
The Beginning foretells the End, the End starts the Beginning anew, but in betwixt lies the best part, the Journey
rasmus91
Survivor

Postby rasmus91 » 01 Oct 2011, 19:01

Yeah, agree. Let Bernie go, hell be fine :)
ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 01 Oct 2011, 19:34

You'll won't know what lurks in the apartment, going solo is not ideal if you don't know what's against you...

What if you meet the guy in my signature, not very likely though.
Last edited by ZidaneRobbie on 03 Oct 2011, 08:16, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an inspired writer and wannabe artist. I excel in those trades yet I fall to a good RP with my OCs.
I like eating...and Joe.
Been a fan since...uhhh...2006? I canni mind '-'
Smaialy
Survivor

Postby Smaialy » 01 Oct 2011, 20:41

Bernie should go solo and run into problems, but ultimately he'll come out okay.
So, not "Fine" exactly, but..
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 01 Oct 2011, 22:07

Nah, the soldiers are impatient, and annoyed, they want to do something.
Let the soldiers go in with him, we don't need more Lieutenant Cross-like incidents (with soldiers starting to kill the ones they're meant to protect).

Also, why take Zompires as prisoners, you got one already, you're just asking for trouble if you take more.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
WindWhitestorm
Zombie Hunter

Postby WindWhitestorm » 01 Oct 2011, 23:11

Bernie for Solo. But he'll encounter some problems and Jake enters the building later on?
Hello :D
ShadowHuntress
Citizen

Postby ShadowHuntress » 02 Oct 2011, 00:54

I gotta go with Bernie going Solo.
BloodWolf7
Survivor

Postby BloodWolf7 » 02 Oct 2011, 11:44

I think Jake should go in. But rather than it being Jake and a squad of soldiers, I think Jake should just jump in after Bernie, as Jake knows Bernie has some sort of plan and wouldn't want to screw it up by sending in a bunch of soldiers, but he still thinks that Bernie's plan is suicidal and would be much more effective with him tagging a long.

I read earlier that maybe Jake should enter later, and I think that that might be the best way to go. Have him get worried and go in shortly afterwards, maybe because of a sound he heard, but still have the soldiers remain outside.
Erev
Gate Guard

Postby Erev » 03 Oct 2011, 11:51

Looking at this from an in-world standpoint, the soldiers should go in. This IS what they've been training for and it is thier job. Bernie's been fighting and making stressful decisions for days with little sleep - he's got to be looking like crap and sounding delirious saying 10 vampires won't hurt him. Also, the soldiers have been sitting around almost entirely useless this entire time. They deserve thier chance to shine... and I bet they are itching to do so seeing as thier name is getting trashed between Cross going crazy and vampires 'sneaking into the colony'.

Even if Bernie somehow forced them to not follow (and I'm certain they'd fight such an order) then they'd probably do what they could by shooting open the windows hoping to at least catch a couple of the bloodsuckers in the sunlight.

Return to “Village Voice”