SkyWards

Post your stories and fan fiction here for the world to read! Writing is an art, too, so constructive criticism only!
ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

SkyWards

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 07 Dec 2011, 18:54

I am totally enfused with vehicles that fly so i was considering my own universe, basically start with the sky where much battles start and that land didn't prove much of enlarging battles to phenomal skirmishes.

The bases would be floating, expanding where pods emerging containing anything from factories for the population to large siege weaponary that are only operated by the military

I shall start with two factions, traditionally in the bad guy and good guy way.

Enviroment:
I was wondering what faction can do to the enviroment around them based on their unusal exhaust from the generators from their monsterous castles.

Freedom Alliance

A very economical and strategic faction. They focus on clean energy to sustain their sky fortresses. Their weapons are of the modern days, siege shells, artillery rounds, bullets and a vast selection of rockets. They focus on metallic armour rather than energy shielding because of the mass storage of energy needed to project them. That's where they leave no effect on the sky. Their goal is to liberate the entire populations of planets. Their engines that use nuclear power (this is used in modern aircraft carriers and that the heat is infinite from the impact of the nuclear atoms sticking each other) So very little emissions. They'll try and vapourise the dangerous red skies from their adverseries.

Shruken Empire

Bad ass and black and red in appearence. The have a hazardous effect on the enviroment by giving it a red tinge because of the vapours they collect from their major mining planet of Mars where the red iron is mined for the hungry resources they need to fuel their fortress. Their castles are large and spikey, carry vast prisons where the inhabitants help create large laser blasters, aircraft bays and shield generators. These energy devices devour mass energy, meaning that the generators expell toxic fumes from their massive engines and this enviroment is what prevents sunlight from overloading their drones' sights. They capture entire planets and imprison anything that lives on them to work on their massive forts.

Not very good at writing but I hope it's good because my addiction to arieal warfare should be my inspiration
I'm an inspired writer and wannabe artist. I excel in those trades yet I fall to a good RP with my OCs.
I like eating...and Joe.
Been a fan since...uhhh...2006? I canni mind '-'
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Re: SkyWards

Postby Happy Demon » 07 Dec 2011, 23:58

Well, 3 tactics that would be very useful:

Do a f***ing Immelmann.
Hold Fire.
Ramming Speed.

I'm spending way too much time on the Bay12Forums.

Have air crafts made specifically for ramming.
Who wouldn't want to take out a flying castle by ramming it? It's much more fun that way.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 08 Dec 2011, 18:13

Yeah, tht would be good, include aircraft with drills and spikes like those Greek Ancient Warships.
I'm an inspired writer and wannabe artist. I excel in those trades yet I fall to a good RP with my OCs.
I like eating...and Joe.
Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Silverware » 08 Dec 2011, 21:19

Why not write your own physics for the universe. Say that the world is a flat expanse of air, there are several floating islands, from these came life, each major island can then provide either a separate species or just a separate nation.
Say the world is an exact size, and is either a square or a circle in shape, with air becoming thinner the higher or lower you go, with the 0 mark around where the islands float, being normal air levels.
Say that outside the square or circle of the world the air drops off as well, meaning that the people are limited to one flat world, and living on floating islands. They don't dare attack the islands with any big weapons as they would destroy or damage them, so almost all combat is done in the air.
You could also include the occasional meteorite falling into the atmosphere and oscillating around the 0 mark, so that new materials come in for unlimited war.
The sun could be one sided, and during the day it goes through phases like the moon does, and at night it is facing away from the world, so that light doesn't reach it.

Then you really have something to work with. a large expanse of sky, with islands to take over, and fun to be had by all pilots.
ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 09 Dec 2011, 20:34

Several gas planets would be good to host these floating islands and that planets would still be needed because of their large iron cores that can be used as fuel for evil organisations.
I like eating...and Joe.
Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Silverware » 10 Dec 2011, 13:26

Ah thats the thing, you are thinking with the physics and ruleset for our universe. This one doesn't have to follow our rulesets at all.
So it could be one massive plain of air, with void outside that. The sun could have only one side lit up and create day and night as it turns. Ore and other non-organic materials could fall from the sky in rocks that float around the centerline of the world. and people could live on floating islands.
Doing that also means you can include much cooler flying technologies, making things that are plausible in our world but ineffective, fully effective in this one.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 10 Dec 2011, 19:57

That reminds me of the Dimension of Laziness (aka. 12-19th Dimension, the forum Squizzel made).

The 8th Dimension dictates that there's several rule-sets on how things work in parallel universes (the 9th Dimension allows travel between these parallel universes, and the 7th is our current Universe rule-sets).
Just tinker with the Universe physics, and then you got yourself a setting which makes this all possible.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 19 Jan 2012, 18:21

Right here goes, using my new physics. I maybe call it "Arieal Physics" rather than the laws of physics made by prof albert einstein (Cannot spell it right i think, no matter)
* Protaganist means the main character.

Plot
This is where to begin. The time would a be few years to what i call the "Great Arieal War". My protaganist is a young farmboy who works in a floating island called "Ruralia". He had a natural ace instinct but didn't discovered yet.

Let's begin :arrow:
Chapter 1: The Beginning of a era
Spoiler! :
It was 5 years since my mother left. She had dissappeared when she went offland to see my auntie, leaving me with my father. He was kind to me, we both worked on the farm, farming to keep our family together. My Father usually looked after the vast jungles of crops that covered the island, while i looked after the animals. We had an army who looked out on us as well as the others. They were the Freedom Alliance. A cooperate, organised group of City Islands who focued on nothing more than power that came from the enviroment rather than using power that can harm it. It was a sunny day, my dad was already in his old tractor, chuffing off to it's daily routine of harvesting the sprouted crops. I walked over to the stables to find my favourite horse, he was a young fellow, loaned from my great uncle. He was a elite pilot who was top ranked in the FA. It wouln't be long until his great nephew shows of what he can do.

I arrived at Bosni's stable, he was cuffing and clunking around, wanting to gallop to his favourite field. I opened the gate and the great stallon bolted to what he wanted. There he joined his horsey friends, it is instict to follow any horse. Shortly my dad returned and a smile emerged on his face "Morning son, how was my boy with my old brother's horse? he combined with his smile. "Had a nice sleep, Bosni was feeling happy today" I replied, "well now, go and get the hens checked and get their eggs and I'll boil up them up to my son's favourite breakkie". "On it!" I responded happily. I went over to the hens, i heard scrapings inside the hutches as the hens were wanting to get out. I released them and while they were distracted I sneaked to the back, opened the lid to their sleeping bit, and light-fingered out their eggs. Boy these hens really don't like their eggs nicked. But as soon as I started to open a gate, I heard grass crumping behind the solid walls. I putted down the basket of eggs, pulled out my trusty E90 SMG and sneaked behind the wall through the nearby hole in the wall. As I looked around the corner, a shape was scraping at the foot of the wall, believing to break in. I believed to be an egg thief, they don't know a lot about firearms. "OI!" I belted as flocks of geeze rushed out of a nearby pond, the figure looked at me and dashed away, knowing I was to fill him with lead, I immediatly pursued, His shape became more slightly obvious, protruding was a tail and two daggers as it seems. As he rushed aroung a corner and I followed. He was already taking off in a monoplane. "Damn it" I whisped under my breath,

I returned to the farmhouse, eggs intact still, I opened the front door and I saw my dad. Noticing something wrong due to my heavy breathing and slightly red face. "Something terrible happened did it?". "Just a Egg Thief dad" as I struggled to catch my breath. "Damn those rascals, wee bairns efter my hens and their eggs and escape with their little flying contraptions! You're lucky I gave you that E90 for a reason and I have my trusty shotgun so I rip their faces apart with one shell.". "Quite right". We both sat at the table as we both had our breakfast together.

I hope that was good, I tried to use my Arieal Physics into this as well as using some good enough words as names.

The final will be more discriptive at the end.
I like eating...and Joe.
Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Silverware » 20 Jan 2012, 07:55

*Aerial. - to do with the air, (ex. a Plane is an Aerial Vehicle)

Not too bad, the end needs a little work, I wouldn't imagine many farmers or farm hands having access to a SMG, even in a place like the States.
I would also think that any armed bandit wouldn't raid a chicken coop, but rather the storehouse.

Still not bad, you should definitely add more.
ZidaneRobbie
Zombie Hunter

Silverware - that's a no-go

Postby ZidaneRobbie » 22 Jan 2012, 04:15

Well silverware, i was thinking of a different enviroment. Eggs would be difficult to obtain and thiefs would like to light-finger them for some misvious needs such as egging certian buildings and also may snatch the hens to ensure supply. Supermarkets would be no-go as farmers may have already independent and create their own and that the 'Freedom Alliance' prefers more liberate ways so battery hens are out of the question.

I am driving this story through my creative thinking, not real life.
I like eating...and Joe.

Return to “Writers' Room”