Advertising ideas

Post any advertising suggestions, opportunities, and/or questions here! New advertisement news will also be posted here.
Deady
Survivor

Re: Advertising ideas

Postby Deady » 28 Oct 2010, 00:45

Bonzi77 wrote:
NeoPhantom wrote:Try it at MySpace! I guarantee at least 100 will come and see what's it about!

Myspace? What's a Myspace?

I use this site whenever I get the opportunity.

Don't really have any ideas for advertising though. I'll try to tell people, but I can't promise anything because most of my friends don't go on the internet very often.
Joe
Site Admin

Postby Joe » 28 Oct 2010, 03:29

Thanks for all the ideas, everyone. I appreciate you helping me spread the word! :D

Got a lot of advertising to do!
ManateeHitSquadGo
Gate Guard

Postby ManateeHitSquadGo » 03 Nov 2010, 11:52

Oooh, I know! Reeeally vague, creepy looking stickers. Something the just says "it's coming- thepocalypse.com" or something along those lines. Distribute them to members of the website and people spread them around, work on peoples curiosity.
"Someone near him said: It worked
Someone else said: Now we're all sons of bitches"
TheQuietChild
Citizen

Postby TheQuietChild » 03 Nov 2010, 15:30

ManateeHitSquadGo wrote:Oooh, I know! Reeeally vague, creepy looking stickers. Something the just says "it's coming- thepocalypse.com" or something along those lines. Distribute them to members of the website and people spread them around, work on peoples curiosity.

Not just Apocalypse
THEpocalypse
.com

http://img89.imageshack.us/i/poc1j.png/

http://img13.imageshack.us/i/poc2.png/
Bonzi77
Zombie Hunter

Postby Bonzi77 » 03 Nov 2010, 20:02

ManateeHitSquadGo wrote:Oooh, I know! Reeeally vague, creepy looking stickers. Something the just says "it's coming- thepocalypse.com" or something along those lines. Distribute them to members of the website and people spread them around, work on peoples curiosity.

THIS. FOREVER THIS.
Joe
Site Admin

Postby Joe » 04 Nov 2010, 23:16

I started a CafePress store and uploaded these for sale with no markup! (1, 10, and 50 packs)

http://www.cafepress.com/ThePocalypseStore.484043324

I don't want to make money off these as they are for promo purposes. Until I find another solution, if you'd like to buy these and distribute them, I would forever appreciate it! I would love to see a picture of you giving them out! :lol: I would totally post them on the blog :D
ManateeHitSquadGo
Gate Guard

Postby ManateeHitSquadGo » 05 Nov 2010, 10:00

Umm, I didn't notice any spot to buy the different sized bulk packs you mentioned, how would we do that? And is the current price they're at 3 bucks per sticker?
Tempest
Citizen

Postby Tempest » 07 Nov 2010, 07:55

btw, I just checked smbc advert prices, and man, making a bid on US is like 20 dollars a day!! I did some math, and european traffic there is like one thirds of the american traffic, and bidding on europe traffic is around 2 dollars. so, fuck americans, and just bid on europe, if you like your money. europe has the highest traffic(on both amount and uniques), and it's actually cheaper than other lesser options(canadian and "everywhere else").

you might also try different styles of adverts every day, to check which one is better(though you would need to compare their daily traffic for different days to your numbers, I'm sure when people go to the site changes from day to day).
ManateeHitSquadGo
Gate Guard

Postby ManateeHitSquadGo » 10 Nov 2010, 05:29

Joe, I just went on the store, and noticed that it's three bucks for one sticker, and over 80 dollars for a fifty pack. I don't want to speak for everyone else, but that might be a bit out of my price range. I know that you said you weren't trying to make a profit, so I thought of ways that you could make the stickers more affordable. I did some research, and found that sticker paper is about 12 dollars for a packet of thirty sheets. If you were to rework the original sticker image from the current five by three shape to a 3.8 by 8, you could fit three stickers to a page easily, or keep them at the three by five and use the extra strip for a bumper sticker or whatnot. You could print the stickers yourself, and find a store or friend with a paper cutter, so the actual making of the stickers wouldn't take very long at all. By creating the stickers yourself, you could go from 2.99 a sticker to about 14 cents a sticker, not including shipping and store expenses. You would probably have to switch from cafepress, as they produce and ship the product by themselves, but I'm sure you can find a better website, and if not, there is a store website that allows you to import listings from eBay to an online store, which could be the easiest option. I would be willing to assist you if you thought to adopt this method.

I think if you tried this method, it would be much easier to create bulk packages of the stickers, which is kind of what people need if they want to use them for advertising purposes (handing them out, miscellaneous sticking to things)
Joe
Site Admin

Postby Joe » 10 Nov 2010, 08:05

@Tempest - Yeah, I've also noticed that US bidding is much higher than European bidding. I've also noticed that a lot of you (most of you?) are from Europe! According to Alexa, The Pocalypse is ranked 137,787 in Great Britain! I have taken the bidding prices into consideration and I know that the European prices are an awesome deal :D

@ManateeHitSquadGo - Yes, the prices on CafePress are ridiculous for stickers. I think they use diamond ink on platinum paper. I am looking into better options, so thank you for your suggestion! I'll let you know if I need any assistance :D

Return to “Spreading the Word”