Advertising ideas

Post any advertising suggestions, opportunities, and/or questions here! New advertisement news will also be posted here.
Joe
Site Admin

Advertising ideas

Postby Joe » 22 Oct 2010, 00:33

Hi, everybody!

I started advertising The Pocalypse on October 14 and it's been doing great, so far! We're getting a lot of visitors and the feedback has been very uplifting :D

Just wanna ask everyone if you know of any other good places to advertise The Pocalypse.

These are the places I have spread the word so far:

- MS Paint Adventures (stopped for now, need more money :) )
- Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal (stopped for now, need more money :) )
- The Webcomic List (featured comic for a month)
- Top Web Comics (submitted ad, waiting to be approved) - also, vote for The Pocalypse here, so we can climb the ranks!
- Urban Dead (active until it runs out of impressions)
- Lost Zombies (just a profile, no ads or features)

Any other places come to mind? (Free places would be great, by the way.)

Thanks a lot! I love seeing The Pocalypse grow and grow :D
AyrYntake
Citizen

Re: Advertising

Postby AyrYntake » 23 Oct 2010, 07:48

Not sure about prices but how does advertising on facebook sound? That'll definitely get the message out to enough people :mrgreen:
cedeno121
Survivor

Postby cedeno121 » 23 Oct 2010, 13:26

Maybe if you advertise on some of the more known web comics.The advertising on MSPA worked well,so it probably would work other sites.(Can't think of another one for the life of me,sorry.)
Joe
Site Admin

Postby Joe » 23 Oct 2010, 17:01

AyrYntake wrote:Not sure about prices but how does advertising on facebook sound? That'll definitely get the message out to enough people :mrgreen:

I've tried Facebook, but it didn't turn out too well. But, I'm waiting on a Facebook advertising coupon, so when it comes in, I'm going to try again with different/better keywords and such.

cedeno121 wrote:Maybe if you advertise on some of the more known web comics.The advertising on MSPA worked well,so it probably would work other sites.(Can't think of another one for the life of me,sorry.)

Definitely! MSPA and SMBC have given me the most visitors by an enormous margin. I'll re-activate my ads when I get some more money :D I also added a Link Exchange page to the site, so we'll soon have a nice network of exchanges :)
ajp3
Survivor

Postby ajp3 » 25 Oct 2010, 22:42

You could also try sites like reddit and digg (even though digg has been struggling lately). If you get on the front page you will definatly get quite a bit of traffic. Dunno bout the quality of the traffic though but its traffic none the less =p

Also some other popular webcomic places you could try advertising on are the Penny Arcade site and Nuklear Power (8-bit Theater) site. Even though 8-bit theater is done they have other webcomics on thier site and seems they still generate a good amount of traffic.

Ill keep an eye out for any other places i can think of =)
Bonzi77
Zombie Hunter

Postby Bonzi77 » 26 Oct 2010, 01:17

Put up a Project Wonderful ad. You know they work; you used one for MSPA! :D
Joe
Site Admin

Postby Joe » 26 Oct 2010, 08:59

Thanks, ajp3 :D

Project Wonderful asks on their website that the comic should have at least 30 updates before being considered to be an advertiser. I'll try anyways :)
ajp3
Survivor

Re: Advertising ideas

Postby ajp3 » 27 Oct 2010, 00:46

on the side of a bus FTW!! lol
NeoPhantom
Gate Guard

Postby NeoPhantom » 27 Oct 2010, 01:56

Try it at MySpace! I guarantee at least 100 will come and see what's it about!
I welcome all ideas about the events of the comic "The Pocalypse" to be posted in "The PocalypsePlot/TheorizingThread. This place will provide the perfect place to discuss your ideas as well as to read others.
Bonzi77
Zombie Hunter

Postby Bonzi77 » 27 Oct 2010, 23:02

NeoPhantom wrote:Try it at MySpace! I guarantee at least 100 will come and see what's it about!

Myspace? What's a Myspace?

Return to “Spreading the Word”