The forum is dying/dead.

Having a technical problem with the forums? Post it here! Suggestions are also welcome. Post your forum-related questions here, too!
Joe
Site Admin

Re: The forum is dying/dead.

Postby Joe » 07 Dec 2010, 14:48

Thanks for the explanation! I have an idea for something now! Hopefully, I can get around to it soon :) I love making the forums more fun :D
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 08 Dec 2010, 04:58

k
Woof.
Toasty
Zombie Hunter

Postby Toasty » 21 Dec 2010, 21:19

its also nice, but rare when someone dm's the game. basically they call the shots but dont participate as main characters. it helps for a more fluid rp and flushes things out more than just everyone running around doing their own thing.
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 23 Dec 2010, 05:27

i don't really like the dm style since it almost always ends up as a crappy rp and everyone abandons it a few posts later
Woof.
Squizzel
Colony Council

Postby Squizzel » 23 Dec 2010, 07:24

I was actully thinking about doing an Pocalypse RP :D

Joe, RP's can be done in alot of different styles. Usally, the creater of the RP will set a scene, and everyone will make chara's and go about how they want, usally as a group. I can link you one, Very long RP that's finished, which covers alot of basics , or some shorter ones, that are all still active. ((there Pokemon RPs, but the idea's the same)).
As for a DM styled one... That would be intressting. You'd proably have to go about it differently, say, have a mod or two for different time zones (like I'm mod for one, dew to being in Britan, while most of the other's are in America). Genrally, a character like Joe would be classed as a Godmod, dew to not being able to die from a shot to the head ._. (Though, if he was annoying as he is in the RP, ppl wouldn't care and just laugh... Alot. I've seen a chara like him. He's a magic weilding pokemon (don't ask) that's a Huge flirt, and basicly Every character hates him or dosn't know him, but we all laugh :P ))
Commen rules in RP's are a chara limit, no stupid background storys, "some" romace, "Some" gore (though that went out the window in one, when someone drove a truck threw a charazard :shock: ) and no Gmodding ((This stops stuff like "-Punches Joe in the face, not missing-" always dodging attacks, and taking control of other peoples characters [only acception is if the person is in-active/banned for a periord of time, and is killing the RP by doing so(though this is usally sorted out by the creator of the RP) ] )) .

PS. It would be wise to watch any and all active RP's, alot of good idea's can pop up in them.
ImageImageImageImage
Sair is now locked :3 I like her how she is ^^
uncanny474
Citizen

Postby uncanny474 » 27 Dec 2010, 16:06

I've played structured RPs and RPs with DMs before. They're... interesting. The one I did required a lot of secrecy, PMing, and suchlike because it was essentially a mystery. I feel like mystery RPs are the perfect type for a DMed RP, especially with established characters (think taking D&D characters through a module like the Tomb of Horrors, where if everything turns out horribly wrong you can just say "not canon" and continue on as if nothing ever happened). In that circumstance, the DM would control the story and the players would work together or against each other to figure out whatever mystery the DM creates. Anyway, the second-best would probably be a dungeon RP, where the DM's main job would be to spawn obsticles for the players to overcome. And yes, these two CAN be combined, but I'm too tired to really figure out if that would be like peanut butter and chocolate or peanut butter and steak.
I'm the guy. The guy who does stuff.

http://thepocalypse.wikia.com/wiki/The_Pocalypse_Wiki - Plz help edit!
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 27 Dec 2010, 22:49

peanut butter and chocolate suit each other, but peanut butter and steak is a ew, even i wont eat that
Woof.
Squizzel
Colony Council

Postby Squizzel » 28 Dec 2010, 03:33

That's proably the point there trying to get across :|
ImageImageImageImage
Sair is now locked :3 I like her how she is ^^
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 28 Dec 2010, 03:56

most likely
Woof.
Zairak
Survivor

Postby Zairak » 25 Feb 2011, 09:43

On one of the forums I visit, they had a clan system set up and had competitions among the clans for point in various contests. Whichever clan had the most points at the end of the "Season" of contests received various prizes.

Members were sorted into the clans through applications that were posted in one sub-forum and then moved to another hidden sub-forum for the viewing and judgment of the already sorted clan members.

Something like that might be worthwhile here to the theme of Machines, Vampires, Zombies, Humans, etcetera. It certainly seemed to provide incentive for being active on that forum.

I'm not sure what the exact mechanics behind setting those up in-forum would be, though, having never owned a forum. Shouldn't be too difficult for an Administrator or sufficiently empowered Moderator to put people into the proper Member Groups, however.

/suggestion

Return to “Forums Problems/Suggestions/Questions”