Is joe threatening on donate banner?

Having a technical problem with the site? Post it here! Suggestions are also welcome.
Tempest
Citizen

Is joe threatening on donate banner?

Postby Tempest » 01 Nov 2010, 09:34

Well, I just saw him saying "this shit ain't free, donate!!" on the main page, and I am a bit concerned about it. I mean, joe is great in the comic context, a funny and powerful asshole in a post-apocalyptic world is cool, and we do laugh it off when he orders, threatens and looks angrily at the other characters, but when it is directed at you, it is a bit weird I think.

I mean, I might be the only one that's concerned, so other opinions are highly welcome.
Joe
Site Admin

Re: Is joe threatening on donate banner?

Postby Joe » 01 Nov 2010, 11:08

Heh heh, thanks for bringing this up! I'd also like to know what people think. If people feel threatened, I'd much rather let Bernie do the asking politely :D

Mind if I edit your thread and make it a poll?

The question will be: Do you feel threatened (and/or negatively affected) by Joe (the character) rudely asking for donations?

I'll also post this question in the next blog update :)
Bonzi77
Zombie Hunter

Postby Bonzi77 » 01 Nov 2010, 12:00

Ahaha. I... guess I could see the potential? I dunno. I think people will get that he's an ass. Maybe have Bernie and Joe argue in the ad?
Joe
Site Admin

Postby Joe » 01 Nov 2010, 13:30

I changed it :D

Thanks for letting me know! I would never want to offend or threaten anyone with something like a donate link, whether it be 1 person or 1,000,000 :)
Bobo777
Citizen

Postby Bobo777 » 01 Nov 2010, 15:51

Haha, I found it pretty funny to be the center of Joe's rage, but yeah, if it's bothering other people I'm not gonna defend it.
Tempest
Citizen

Postby Tempest » 01 Nov 2010, 23:06

Joe wrote:Heh heh, thanks for bringing this up! I'd also like to know what people think. If people feel threatened, I'd much rather let Bernie do the asking politely :D

Mind if I edit your thread and make it a poll?

The question will be: Do you feel threatened (and/or negatively affected) by Joe (the character) rudely asking for donations?

I'll also post this question in the next blog update :)

sure, you can edit the thread, just go ahead.
Deady
Survivor

Postby Deady » 04 Nov 2010, 05:58

Took me a while to realize you weren't joking. No I don't feel threatened by Joe being funny by staying in character. I actually think I would have an awful lot of trouble if I freaked out every time I heard the word "shit".
Tempest
Citizen

Postby Tempest » 04 Nov 2010, 07:36

I am talking about the subconscious level and the feelings generated from it, not the conscious judgements or analysis. I felt that it will not encourage people to donate(because he looks aggressive), so that's why I started the thread.

Return to “thepocalypse.com Problems/Suggestions”