Some (Rather nice) Sprites!

Post any artwork that you want the Internet to see! Constructive criticism only!
RangerRyan
Survivor

Some (Rather nice) Sprites!

Postby RangerRyan » 11 Jun 2011, 09:50

Hello. I am a fan of the graphics and the main story line/plot. I thought that I could donate some of my sprites. I used a tutorial I found on another person's post. It seems to turn out rather well. Without further ado, here they are :D

Image Old Guy with a Cannon (Note the Gray hairs mixed in :P!
Image Old Guy.... What did yah expect?
Image A Cannon! Can I make zombies go "Boom Boom" now!?
Image Business Man. He likes to sue you :D If you look closely enough, you can see his $500 Silk Tie :P
Image Army dude. Note the awesome little Mic I added

I will try to update now and then, but my Internet is an On-Again Off-Again sort of thing.
An awesome 1st post, don't yah think :P?

P.S. Feedback is always appreciated.
P.S.S. If anyone could help me figure out how to add greater detail, I would be thankful. I'm using "MS Paint" and "Paint.NET", so yah

I got a mini-animation based off of this comic! View it here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/572372 but be warned! It is very basic and rough. A sort of nice first try though, I think!
Last edited by RangerRyan on 15 Jun 2011, 05:38, edited 1 time in total.
The Ghost
Night Stalker

Re: Some (Rather nice) Sprites!

Postby The Ghost » 11 Jun 2011, 10:06

"Greater detail." is unfortunately effectively impossible in this medium. You can pull some tricks with shading and adding noise, but 'detail' requires more pixles, pure and simple, unless you want to go crazy psycho with multi-pixel image blending, and I don't know how to explain how that is done in terms you can understand, but it is how programs make recognizable thumbnails of larger pictures working in reverse.

Constructive Criticism:
Spoiler! :
Also that cannon is off true for Pocalypse grid spacing. It needs to be displayed at a 45* angle.
For the Emperor!
RangerRyan
Survivor

Postby RangerRyan » 11 Jun 2011, 10:09

Yah, I'm downloading Adobe Flash or whatever right now, so I'm hoping that there is some option that can do that for me. I was hoping that adding the "thickness" towards the back would make up for it, but maybe not =/
The Ghost
Night Stalker

Postby The Ghost » 12 Jun 2011, 01:29

It is something to work tward, no?
For the Emperor!
HD Cerberus
Vampire Slayer

Postby HD Cerberus » 12 Jun 2011, 02:37

Welcome! Also, yea, sometimes I wish that you could see more detail, but I love sprites, and sprites are by their nature low pixels....

Return to “For the Artists”