Powerfist vs Cross (...And other stuff!)

Post any artwork that you want the Internet to see! Constructive criticism only!
Kain
Survivor

Powerfist vs Cross (...And other stuff!)

Postby Kain » 23 Mar 2011, 07:28

Hello, everybody.
I recently found "The Pocalypse", and it quickly became one of my favorite WebComics (and I read A LOT of WebComics). So I thought of trying something new for me: Making Fan Art. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, I kind of suck both at GIMP (the program I use for coloring), and at making backgrounds, but I really like how the two characters turned out.

Even though I mainly made this Pic as an attempt to honor "The Pocalypse", constructive criticism from more experienced artists than me is always gladly welcome. :geek:

When I have time, I'll keep making "The Pocalypse" Fan Art, so I guess there is more to come. 8-)

Last edited by Kain on 13 Apr 2011, 05:03, edited 1 time in total.
Zarthanon
Vampire Slayer

Re: Powerfist vs Cross

Postby Zarthanon » 23 Mar 2011, 10:42

Awesome job, mate!The colouring is very good, and the background fits the action. I look forward to the next fan art you create.
Kevak
Mindcrafter

Postby Kevak » 23 Mar 2011, 13:44

fairly good, though for ref for v1.1, you forgot the stinger pieces on cross and i think joe should have a mindcrafting circle forming around him since this is sub joe, not awake joe
Woof.
Joe
Site Admin

Postby Joe » 24 Mar 2011, 10:37

Awesome! :D :D

I'll be putting up a Fanart section on the site soon!
Kain
Survivor

Re: Powerfist vs Cross (...And other stuff!)

Postby Kain » 13 Apr 2011, 05:24

A better one, this time of Powerfist and Elder Dominik at the Dream World.

It took me some time to make, not because it's something special or something, but because I'm as lazy as a bear at the winter. Actually took me about three hours to draw, scan and color, and many, many days to just decide to get up and work on it. For those of you who watch Linkara, I was like "I should do something! Should I do something? I should do something!" :P

This time I cheated my way through the background by making them be at the Dream World, since I still can't draw backgrounds, but I'm working on that because cheating is bad and I can't do it forever. This image is slightly better than the first, but there are still many problems other than the background, like Powerfist's hand, his overall stance, or where his trousers meet his shoes. I need practice, and practice I will! :ugeek:

So, until next time I post something, criticise constructively and tell me what you think. And Joe, Your comic is awsome, and I hope that there will be no more problems there in Japan. ;)

(...Also, please excuse my kind of bad English. I'm from Greece, so it's not my native language. :oops: )
Joe
Site Admin

Re: Powerfist vs Cross (...And other stuff!)

Postby Joe » 14 Apr 2011, 19:40

Great job! :D

I love how powerful you made Powerfist look! Elder Dominik wasn't expecting that!

Return to “For the Artists”