Introduction Thread

Discuss whatever non-comic related stuff in here! Keep it civil!
Moth
Citizen

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby Moth » 14 May 2012, 08:25

The Khan wrote:Hello everyone! My name is The Khan or just Khan for short. I'm here because The Pocalypse is awesome! I came from a forum by the name of Exilian and I'm planing on staying here for a bit, so just pretend I was always here. Now, a bit more about myself. I play a game called King Arthur's Gold, and I mod Morrowind. Umm, I think that's about it. Any questions?

Welcome ^_^

What kind of mods do you make? o.o
Come along, follow me
As I lead through the darkness
As I provide just enough spark
That we need to proceed
Carry on
Give me hope
Give me strength
Come with me
And I won't steer you wrong
The Khan
Citizen

Postby The Khan » 14 May 2012, 15:06

Well I'm kinda new at it so I haven't released any yet but I make Exteriors and Interiors. In other words I can't make quests because I can't script and I don't make new stuff because I can't model/texture. But I have made a house and such. I also make Texture packs for King Arthur's Gold.

EDIT: whats the code to link a link to a picture?
Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Postby Eldaran » 14 May 2012, 15:44

Hey its already a good start, i would be happy if i could make a house (except draw one in "Paint") Sometimes i really would like to learn stuff like that, but it does sound complicated and difficult.
Specially i was everytime wondering WHY do the designers, programmers, etc. Dont make a world where people notice what you do/did?
Take Fallout New Vegas.
You have killed ceasar, eliminate all of his troops. etc. together with 1 companion. And then some Raider jumps up with a kitchen knife and tries to kill me? EVEN if he doesnt know who i am, he should be able to see my armor, my sniper rifle. etc..

Or one of my favourites: Morrowind
You are a badass Mage, have your own Tower and people living around it, you make 80 health or mana potions and the price is just the same. the Longsword cost everywhere the same, doesnt matter where you go. Or you have your own (egg mine? forgot how to call it) and you dont get anything? no eggs, no money, no quest to protect your mine!

I think it must be difficult to do this stuff, but a changing price? other games have it. Maybe make a armor limit for enemies, when they see you have a full plate armor on and you swing a magical two handed axe or sword, they they leave you alone or attack in big groups...
The only thing Nobody can give back to you is time. Dont waste it on everyone.
The Khan
Citizen

Postby The Khan » 14 May 2012, 18:12

You know that the game your talking about was released just over 10 years ago, it the the next game of theirs that come after one with the same graphics as Doom. I agree, so do other people. And that's why there are mods to change that. The speech system is much better because it makes it more open to modding how you don't need lots of people to do record for you. And I love the main quest. It's much better than the other two (Oblivion and Skyrim) because it's longer and more interesting because the game doesn't have objective markers. And with todays mods you can make it look like Skyrims graphics anyway. There are 5 out of the 8 province being made as mods for Morrowind which means that before you know it (In about 10 more years) you'll be able to play in Tamriel as a whole.

Modding Morrowind isn't that hard. Really. No joke. It's incredibly easy. Just give it a go and you'll see. On the Tamriel Rebuilt site there are tons of handy tutorials to get you started too.

P.S. Now about that code. :)
Nevenge
Survivor

Postby Nevenge » 27 May 2012, 02:59

Hello good people of the internet, I am Nevenge.

I live in England with my little family and have recently finished reading the entire archive of The Pocalypse and loved every section of it. I have a soft spot for web comics in general but I actually prefer this style to the classic comic layout.

So yeah, love this comic (I have a JOE/HOPE poster up in my front window haha) the characterisation is awesome... I just hope that there are equally awesome 'characters' on the forums... Apart from Rusty, he's a jerk.
Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Postby Eldaran » 27 May 2012, 10:09

Welcome, is everytime nice to see someone new.
Look through the forum and join in where you want.
Yeah Rusty is a ..... but he one one of the few who survived.
The Khan
Citizen

Postby The Khan » 27 May 2012, 21:04

Hello and welcome to these humble forums. Have a good stay and enjoy the company (me ;)).
RandomNerd
Survivor

Postby RandomNerd » 16 Jul 2012, 07:53

Hello, uh, anybody who might still use this forum. I just spent a few days going from barely knowing anything more about this comic than what's in the first TD, to, well Ch 7 Sc 18. Can't wait to see if the other 7 show up, or even the other two dead ones (if IJ really is Victor).

Anyway, I'm RandomNerd, you're friendly neighborhood... I'm not sure what friendly neighborhood thing I am.

Also, it's been a while since I used a php based board, I actually forgot how annoying it was to get my avatars to work.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
Walking is merely you failing to move the earth.
Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Postby Eldaran » 16 Jul 2012, 12:19

Welcome!
Hope you will enjoy yourself and not end up like many many others, who either forgot or just dont really care what happens in (or on??) the forum.
We have some RP's running if you care to join and cookies are on the table over there.
RandomNerd
Survivor

Postby RandomNerd » 16 Jul 2012, 16:39

Actually, I think I know just the thing to give this place a shot in the arm. The minecraft forums have quite a bit of OTers that like to read webcomics, I'll see if I can spread the word a bit over there.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
Walking is merely you failing to move the earth.

Return to “Non-Pocalypse”