Dead Board Random

Discuss whatever non-comic related stuff in here! Keep it civil!
Silverware
Site Admin

Re: Dead Board Random

Postby Silverware » 03 Mar 2013, 17:42

This is true.
But seeing as most people can manage a 300ms ping or less regardless of their location on earth, this is really a non issue for eve.
And if you are aligned when mining, or in a good fast ship you really don't have much to worry about.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 03 Mar 2013, 20:51

I don't think many do that, considering how many "care bears" there are complaining in that game.
I think that was the right lingo for it, I don't really know since I did only play it for a few days then got bored, it's just not my type of game, I'm impatient.
Heck, I hate the browser based empire simulator games, they're just so f***ing long, and then I just get conquered by that blob of powerful players which calls itsef an Alliance (every f***ing time).

Anyway, that brings up another thought in my mind.

What's your favorite (or most hated) multiplayer/singleplayer game in each genre (strategy, fighting game, FPS, sim, RTS, MOBA, etc.)? By that definition I'm trying to exclude flash games as with their inclusion things only get weird.
Also, by genre I mean an underlying genre, not simply a mechanic (why you play the game, since Call of Duty's multiplayer isn't an RPG just because there's levels, and Bioshock isn't a puzzle game just because there's the hacking minigame).
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 11 Mar 2013, 04:50

I got a D&D related question.

There's this Feat called "Power Critical", which adds a +4 to the threat range of a weapon, and it can be stacked.
Doesn't this make it a beast if done with a Scythe when using Great Cleave?

Seriously, I could end up with someone who has 100% chance of critting with quadruple damage upon critting, then if it kills the target he gets a free attack upon the next, and if that target dies, then the next one, until either one survives or the character runs out of people in melee range to kill.

It just sounds so insanely unbalanced if you know what you're doing.

And that's not even going into the EPIC levels where you get the feat "Devastating Critical", which gives you a chance of insta-killing the target you critted.

Then you can combine it with a barbarian level, which allows barbarian rage, where you essentially improve chance to hit and the insane damage, so you get double the strength bonus, and it's quadrupled.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 04 Apr 2013, 04:14

Hehe, turns out walking over 20 km (12 miles) in protection boots with a loaded backpack on your back hurts, a lot, and takes several hours.

Eldaran
Vampire Slayer

Postby Eldaran » 04 Apr 2013, 21:51

Ha, did your sergeant tell you that it would be a walk in the park? But i walk every day with around 8kg (~15lb) on my belly :lol:
The only thing Nobody can give back to you is time. Dont waste it on everyone.
Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Silverware » 10 Apr 2013, 07:39

I've done 20km unloaded over 3 hours. It's not bad.
It's the load that kills you, IF you are not used to carrying a load.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 21 Apr 2013, 06:34

I just watched some videos of MGS (Metal Gear Solid), and they sure do to drive a bulldozer through that 4th wall, a lot, especially Psycho Mantis, since he knows what games you've been playing (literally, it's not just random games, he checks your memory card).
I'd love to see that in a modern game, since it's most probably impossible.

Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 23 Apr 2013, 05:17

Nosebleeds are F***ING ANNOYING.
I mean, first of all, they happen almost at random, and then there's the chance you're one of those who suffers from having very frequent nosebleeds, since then you'll have to get it singed.
Then there's the blood, ARGH it doesn't stop! You either have to plug it with a finger until it coagulates, or with a napkin, I tried simply letting it bleed, but I bled into the toilet for 5 f***ing minutes since I ran out of napkins.
Then there's the issue of cleaning up, and you can't clean your nostrils for a F***ING HOUR! Since then it starts over again!
Oh, and then there's the big lump of bloody whatever-it-is you'll have to dig out of your nose, which looks to be a f***ing artery.

GAH! So f***ing annoying!
Oh, and the real akward part is when they happen while you're on the bus, makes you almost scream out in rage since now everyone's looking at you, you're trying to cover it up or else you're walking a f***ing mile home!
Oh, and that's not to mention that it spills all over the place, it comes from the head, so when drops, it's going in high speed, and when it hits something it scatters droplets of blood everywhere, especially your pants.
There's also other cases of nosebleeding being bad, like in class, so you'll have to wait for it to stop, and then you'll have to read in order to catch up on the learning.
That's not to mention the cinemas, you pay for a ticket and then you'll have to leave for a while so not to bloodstain the seats, and then you'll miss out on the movie, or you'll have to focus on bleeding into a cup in the dark.

Anyway, that's some daily annoyance, I hope you don't mind me being angry about it, it's just very annoying.

Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Silverware » 23 Apr 2013, 12:05

My daily annoyance?

I can't tell the difference between hunger and depression!
THAT is a prat of a thing to have.
Oh you need a sandwich and are feeling a little unmotivated: DEPRESSION!
Oh you are entirely upset, and broken hearted: Fixed with a sandwich.

I mean what the fuck.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 10 May 2013, 16:44

I'm very annoyed with how we say our currency in English.

Our currency is named Kroner (which translates to: Crowns), but when we say it in English we still say and write Kroner.
Seriously, I think there even were currencies in English speaking countries named Crowns, so calling ours Crowns or Norwegian Crowns should still be valid.
Besides, all Norwegian Crowns got either a picture of the Xth king (can't remember which king, there's so damn many of them) or of crowns on them.

Return to “Non-Pocalypse”