Dead Board Random

Discuss whatever non-comic related stuff in here! Keep it civil!
Silverware
Site Admin

Re: Dead Board Random

Postby Silverware » 05 Feb 2013, 10:30

Having watched Blade Runner lately, I don't agree that it is an overly great movie.
But it has very little in the way of twists that could be spoiled, and I believe it gained more of a cult following than the major following that Star Wars got.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 09 Feb 2013, 03:55

I just realized, "Deus Ex" sounds like "Gay Sex".

Now I cannot think of Deus Ex: Human Revolution the same way again.
I'm the Forum Demon, amongst the most active members on the Forum.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Nosebleeds are f***ing annoying!
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 10 Feb 2013, 23:47

Then again, the "Deus Ex Machina" would also suffer from altered meaning.

I participated in the Pocalypse RP in the active time, when all Moderators and Admins were active.

Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 16 Feb 2013, 03:20

Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Silverware » 16 Feb 2013, 09:04

When you are going that fast through atmo a hairline fracture can split and break the entire thing apart. The sudden change in aerodynamics can cause quite the show.

Plus it simply could have hit the sound barrier. Not entirely hard when somethings falling from space.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 20 Feb 2013, 18:10

Wait... why are there so many exclamation marks in the description of the categories (Comic Discussion, Village Voice, Game Discussion, Bug Reports/Technical Issues, etc.) on this Forum?
Almost every sentence in them has an exclamation mark, the period is used 4 times, and the question mark has been used 3 times.

Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Silverware » 20 Feb 2013, 19:30

Because Joe was excited when he set it up?
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 02 Mar 2013, 01:32

I just realized something very bad about multiplayer.
It's way too different from singleplayer.

There's one thing many seem to forget about the multiplayer, the lag.
Oh it took me a while to realize this, but it's true, this is a big problem with multiplayer, in the rush to make faster and tighter multiplayer battles, they don't seem to remember the lag.

The lag is a delay, the ping often says how high it is, while it may seem like nothing to someone with 10-50 ms delay, not everyone has that good connection.
I've played games a lot, not so much online, and this is the reason for it, I'm lucky if my lag is at 100 ms, but most of the time it's at 200-300 ms, sometimes up in 500 ms, that's devastating.
I have delays in my actions, delays in the shots, people have ca. 0,25 seconds headstart, and it rarely takes more than a second to drain the life of an enemy.

The worst thing is, I've played shooters with more lag-friendly multiplayer.
Red Orchestra 2 is one, though connection makes quite a difference face-to-face, it's minimal whenever you manage to ambush anyone, and enemies look alike to allies, so thought needs to be part of the action.
Tribes: Ascend is extremely lag-friendly, since there are few hit-scan weapons in the game, making following the target, calculating the best place to shoot, etc. what decides the battle.

But games like those Modern Military Shoot 'em Ups are very hostile on the lag.
Snipers are f***ing everywhere, so no laggers can fire at them without dying first, and weapons depend more on snap shooting than calculating.
Some may have ways to get around it, but they tend to be very limited.

But that's just my thoughts, some may have a completely different oppinion on it.

Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Silverware » 02 Mar 2013, 14:06

EVE Online is good and lag friendly too, a 1 second ping time is not too damaging if you are flying something bigger than a frigate.
Happy Demon
Mindcrafter

Postby Happy Demon » 03 Mar 2013, 14:21

Yeah, but that's until the PvP goes bad, since you need every second you can get so you can warp away, since if you don't they'll jam you, or simply destroy you.

Return to “Non-Pocalypse”